Sungjae

Upside Down/거꾸로

Sungjae was entering the studio with Jihoon when he noticed that he was going to have his first runway show in a week.

Mr Moon gathered all the male models together, training them for the show by teaching them how to walk properly.

 

Before Sungjae knew it, two days before his first fashion show, there was a rehearsal at City Hall for the fashion show.

Sungjae generously did the rehearsal as he started practising his poses and walk in front of the mirror, as he slowly began to change into different outfits, ready to do his first runway walk.

He felt a great sensation through his body as he walked down the runway, tall and golden. It was the greatest feeling of his life that he had ever experienced.

 

Once all the models finished walking out individually, all the models gathered in single file for the finale and began clapping in unison, before they returned backstage.

The models eventually came backstage, where Heejun applauded for them.

"That was a great rehearsal, everybody. I am happy to let you guys know that your fashion show will be in Gwanghwamun Square. There will be a runway set up for all of you, and there will be a crowd watching you all. Are you all excited?"

"Yes!" the models cheered in unison.

"Great. I'll see you tomorrow rehearsal, and make sure that you are not sick, because for some of you, this will be your first runway show that will be a one in a life time opportunity changing your life."

 

Sungjae left the rehearsal, feeling good about himself.

He was just collecting his things and exiting the building, heading for the subway.

He went through the ticket machine, and quickly headed down the stairs, ready to catch the train.

He sat down, waiting for the next train, until the announcement finally came. He was a little frightened, considering that he was one of the very few people in the subway, and that his rehearsal ended very late at night.

But eventually the train came and Sungjae boarded, grabbing a seat.

 

Sungjae sat in the train, waiting for it to reach his destination.

He sighed as he leaned against the window, nervous about his first runway show.

He leaned against the window, staring at the black tunnel walls passing by on and on.

All of a sudden, he heard sickening creaks against the window.

He gasped and stood up.

 

Sungjae looked at the window, and slowly, scratch marks from the outside of the window were forming, followed by extremely high pitched scratching noises.

Sungjae gasped.

He peered to get a closer look, and as he did, two eyes appeared in the darkness staring at him.

He backed away as he gasped.

 

As he peered once again to get a closer look, he noticed a sickeningly white face outside the train, smeared with blood, whilst more red liquid poured out of the mouth and two white hands clawed against the window.

Sungjae wanted to scream but was interrupted when the lights in the train flicked off.

He gasped in horror as he was completely blanketed by the pitch black around him.

He started walking along the train, trying to find an emergency stop button, but it was literally pitch black so it was impossible to see anything.

 

Sungjae stood in a spot and waited for an announcement, but the power seemed to have gone out from the screens too despite the train still moving.

He waited.

 

He waited some more until the lights finally turned back on.

Sungjae breathed out in relief and hung his head up high.

Once he looked back down, he gasped and screamed in horror.

Surrounding him were corpses lying on the floor, all covered in blood, whilst puddles of red formed beneath them.

Sungjae clenched his head in despair, and screamed continuously whilst hiding his head in his lap, trying to avoid the horrible sight.

 

He looked up again, but the corpses were all gone, and everything was operating as usual.

Eventually the train came to Sungjae's destination.

 

Sungjae dashed out the station as quickly as possible, and ran through the streets back home as fast as his legs could carry him.

He banged on the door, unable to wait to see his brother again.

Sungwon opened the door.

"Why are you so late?"

"They're after me!" screamed Sungjae as he burst in and slammed the door. "They're after me."

"What happened?" asked Sungwon.

Sungjae collapsed and cried.

"Come, come, Sungjae, we'll go to the bedroom and talk."

 

Sungwon comforted Sungjae and gave him a glass of water before taking him to the bathroom.

"Now, tell me, what is going on? Is anybody in this company treating you badly?"

"No, I've overcome that. It's something different."

"What happened?"

"I saw a ghost and some corpses in the train. I just feel like someone's after me."

Sungwon put his hands on Sungjae's shoulders.

"Sungjae, calm down. You're just nervous because of the fashion show that's happening soon. Get some rest and you'll feel better. Trust me, you were having a bad experience as a result of too much stress from work."

"But I......"

"Trust me. It's time to sleep."

 

Sungjae sighed as he changed out of his clothes and crawled into bed.

He lay in bed, thinking about what happened that day.

He closed his eyes and was close to the point of dreaming when his ears perked up in time to the sound of creaking.

Sungjae's eyes woke up.

He gasped in horror.

Lurking above him was the ghost from the train, her hair growing from her scalp, whilst blood dripped on Sungjae's face and body.

Sungjae tried to scream, but no word came out of his mouth.

He tried to move, but he looked down, and noticed that he was all tied up by the hair of the ghost. Other than that the hair was also wrapping Sungjae's neck tightly, leaving him struggling to breathe or produce a sound.

"Help me....." he mouthed, but the coils became tighter.

The ghost grinned at him, as more blood dripped onto its face, showing red stained teeth.

The ghost came closer face to face with Sungjae, as Sungjae's face was soon completely dyed red.

Before Sungjae knew it, he was completely paralysed and without hesitation, the ghost pounced on Sungjae's neck, sinking its teeth into Sungjae's flesh.

 

Sungjae woke up with a scream. Tears streamed out of his face in relief from the nightmare.

He wrapped his hands around his neck and body, checking that he was able to move.

"What's wrong?" asked Sungwon with a start. "Bad dream?"

Sungjae was left speechless, unable to talk.

He cried as he embraced Sungwon.

"Hyung....." he wept, "I'm so scared...."