H+1

Upside Down/거꾸로

Sungjae continued to stare at the clock.

Ten seconds.

Nine seconds.

Eight seconds.

Seven seconds.

Five seconds.

Four seconds.

Three seconds.

Two seconds.

One second.

Tick tock.

It was 8 PM. The start of the five hours.

Sungjae panted and held his breath, as the stage eventually began to experience a blackout, forming pitch black in sight.

It was not long before the aquarium lit up the gigantic fish and whale tank, and the runway was open to the spotlight of the stage of dancers on the stage, all dressed up as gods and goddesses of the sea.

They danced around the runway, opening the fashion show.

It was not long before the dance was over, then welcoming dancers dressed as vampires, who continued to open the fashion show as they did their performance across the runway.

 

Eventually the MC came to the runway, welcoming the audience.

 

As for Sungjae, the sound barrier seemed to be blocked from his ears and the outside world as he continued to stare at the floor, waiting, until he crept towards the curtains, waiting as he watched the audience clap and the MC finish his speech.

The minutes seemed to pass like hours until he heard someone whisper his name loudly.

He looked up.

He was being escorted to the runway, being the first one to walk out on the runway.

He quickly dashed towards the runway.

"Okay, Yook Sungjae, go, go, go!"

Sungjae stood up straight and tall as he straightened his back and stepped out on the runway. The audience clapped and cheered as he stepped out on the runway, and held a pose at the end of the runway.

He walked back to the runway, where Jihoon was just walking out as the cheering continued. However, Jihoon was grinning at him wickedly as they continued to pass by each other.

 

Ilhoon quickly hurried him back to the dressing room as he helped him put on his next outfit: a set of white clothes consisting of a white shirt with long black rosary, white pants with studded belt, white shoes and black spiked bracelets whilst his hair was geled, but so that it was sitting flat.

He wanted until all the models made their way towards the runway until he made his way out once again.

The audience continued to cheer as he showed his second outfit on the runway, then a third, consisting of a suit of hot pink with black shirt and belt and shoes, and a fourth consisting of a jeweled suit of blue, then a black suit trimmed with gold.

 

He sighed in relief as he watched the clock that struck 9, having completed the first hour of the runway show.