Soccer Ball and Loneliness

the UNPOPULAR one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gangnam District

Choi Mansion

Minho slept fitfully that night,his slumber punctuated by a series of vivid dreams---Choi Sulli.By the time he woken up, its six o'clock on Monday morning,his white pillow was damp,he had been sweating profusely into it all night.He was groggy and tired.He felt as if he'd hardly slept at all.

Hesitantly,he dragged himself out of bed and got up to join her omma for breakfast.

Sitting on the long table,his eyes moved down to the food.Boiled chicken and soya milk.The same old boring food he used to eat for years,Doctors prohibited him to eat any greasy food because his stomach refuses to accept any food made of milk,butter and oil.

"Goodmorning son" Yeongmi greeted.

"Morning"he murmured and quietly started eating

Yeongmi put down the spoon and fork as she noticed her youngest son's depressed look"Son,is there something bothering you?you can share with omma your problem"she said worriedly.

Minho lifted his saddened gaze as tears began spilling down his cheeks."Omma,am I really different from other kids my age?why cant I do the same  things that normal people do?I wanted to play soccer but doctors told me that I might die because my body is too weak.I wanted to eat burger,spaghetti and pizza but they warned me that I might get diarrhea.I wanted to watch the stars but my sight is blind at night.I wanted to play in the rain but you said that my immune system is too low I might get pneumonia.I envy those kids my age who have a healthy mind and body,how I wish I was like them"

Yeongmi stood up and hugged her son."Oh my poor baby..."she said crying while softly patting his back.

Minho was born as a premature baby,only seven month old.He was so small,cyanotic and frail.For two months,he stayed at Neonatal Intensive Care Unit breathing with the help of a ventilator.Doctors called him a miracle baby because due to so many complications,he was able to survive.However,he was prone to diseases and allergies because of his low immune system and sensitive condition.Dust,germs,bacteria's,sea foods,milk and certain fruits and vegetables are forbidden.Psychologically,he developed phobias from insects,bugs,purry animals,crowded places and swimming pool.Minho covered his imperfections by being cocky and arrogant to others,but deep down inside he was a lonely eighteen year old kid .

And he was tired of being lonely.....

 

 

Namsam High

It was seven o'clock on Monday morning.Sulli was thinking about Choi Minho,trying unsuccessfully to forget him.It wasnt the first time she'd thought about him this morning---in fact eversince she'd walked out of his life last friday,she had been unable to get him out of her head.

"Ugh!have you gone crazy?!Choi Minho is nothing but a worthless freak!you should hate him"she said to herself.

As she stepped in the classroom,her eyes quickly caught Minho sitting quietly on his chair.He looked at her and their eyes met.

Both of their heart started beating hard and fast as thry looked at each other.She broke the eye contact and sat on her chair with a blank expression on her face.She pulled out the math text book in her bag and started memorizing the formulas for the exam.Today is the start of their prelim exam,even though she study hard last night,she isnt confident enough that she will pass the exam.

Minho threw a glance at her and sighed.He wanted to talk to her but held himself.

"God!this is killi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter