Chapter 3

Bubble Tea Princess

 

"Oh Sehun! Stop at there!" Jiyoung shouted to her son when he was about to run upstairs. Sehun stopped from walking and remained to be quiet.

 

"Why you're acting like this?" She asked with a frown on her face. Sehun turned to look at his parents. His father was folding his arms. Sehun could see that he was being serious with the situation too. Of course his parents were mad at him since he told them that he refused with the arranged marriage during their dinner time.

 

"Did you know that you were wrong for saying like that in front of Eunji and Mr. Jung?" His father shot him a question. Sehun let out a big sigh, "Dad, mom. I told you that I disagree with the arranged marriage. No matter how much you guys want for it, I still won't be involving in this kind of arranged marriage."

 

"But it's for your own good!"

 

"No, it's not." Sehun said to his father. "You guys are forcing me to get married with someone and I don't even know that girl."

 

"Her name is Jung Eunji." Jiyoung interrupted with her serious face. Sehun palmed his face and looked back at them. "Mom, dad. Please, don't force me to agree with this. You know, I'm still young to get married."

 

"Young or not, it's not the main problem because I'm married to your mom when I was nineteen. Same age as you right now." Sehun lost words to say back to his father.

 

"Plus, Mr. Jung is my good business-partner. He has been raising his only daughter very well, without his wife. I know him since I was still in high school." His father assured Sehun. Jiyoung was looking at her son who was thinking something in his mind. Probably, considering about the arranged marriage.

 

"We're doing this for your happiness. We gave everything to you before this. Please, just for this time, agree with our decision by marrying Eunji. We can tell that she's a good girl." Jiyoung comforted her son.

 

"But, mom-" "If you still being stubborn, I won't hesitate to take back your car, Sehun." He gawked to hear his father's words.

 

No way! Just because of this matter, my car is going to be the victim! Dad, why you're being so cruel to your only son?!

 

"Honey, that's too much for taking the car." "Well, it's better than nothing. We promised Mr. Jung with this matter. I can't simply say that we have to cancel with the arranged marriage."

 

Sehun pressed his lips together. He ran to the upstairs without saying anything to his parents. "Sehun-ah! Sehun-ah!" Jiyoung shouted for his name but it was useless.

 

"Let him be. One day, he will realize that we're doing this for his own good. We just want him to be happy in the future. And I can feel that Eunji is the girl for him." said Seungho to his wife. He felt confident enough with the decision that he made. Planning an arranged marriage for his son.

 

----------

 

You sat on your bed, still couldn't stop thinking about what they said during the dinner.You were too speechless with it. Couldn't describe how you felt. You were going to marry your crush  that you have been looking secretly at the bubble tea café. You bit your lower lip and sighed.

 

I could see your reaction.. And the moment you said that you didn't agree with the arranged marriage..

 

You snapped back to the reality when your father knocked the door; asking for your permission to enter the room. You let your father to enter and he dragged his legs to sit on the bed; beside you.

 

"Are you mad?" he asked. You shook your head with a smile, "No, dad."

 

"I know, you are. Don't lie. I know I'm such a selfish father who did this to his own daughter. You must be hating me, right?"

 

You quickly hugged your father tightly, stopping him from saying those words. "No, dad. You're not being selfish and I'm not hating you because of the arranged marriage. I know, you're doing this to me because you want be to happy in the future." You said with tears forming in your eyes. You didn't like it when your father blamed himself.

 

He pulled away while holding both of your cheeks. "You don't like with the arranged marriage, don't you?"

 

Your lips curled upwards to form a small smile, "You don't have to worry because of it, dad. You planned the arranged marriage for me because you wanted the best for me. Besides, mom told you to take care of me very well and always make sure that I'll get my happiness with a right guy."

 

"Yeah. And I just felt that Sehun might be the right guy for you." Your father rubbed your head and hugged you. You wrapped your arms around his waist while closing your eyes. "I hope for the same thing too. I'll just agree with the arranged marriage. If it's the best for me."

 

As long as you're happy, then I'll be happy too, dad. You've been taking care of me without my mom. Maybe, this is the best for my life.

 

 

The next morning, Sehun woke up and get ready to go to his college. He ran downstairs and saw his parents were having breakfast together.

 

"Good morning, Sehun! Come and eat with us!" Jiyoung called her son but Sehun shook his head, "It's okay, mom. I need to go now. I'm late. See you guys later. Bye." Sehun bid a goodbye before leaving the house. Jiyoung sighed while turning to look at her husband.

 

"I think he's still mad with us." Seungho chuckle before taking a sip of his coffee. "He won't be mad with us for such a long time. Our son will agree with the arranged marriage. No matter what it is, he needs to agree. I can't cancel the marriage. We've started with the preparation."

 

Jiyoung agreed with him and what she could think was; persuading Sehun to agree with it. Maybe, he could be softened with her words.

 

Sehun arrived at the college and he was waiting for an elevator. Then, there was one stopped for him to enter. Sehun didn't wait and he entered when the door opened.

 

There was only girl in the elevator. He was a bit shocked to see you in there. You gulped to see him. Sehun didn't say much instead of entering the elevator, pressing the button and the door closed.

 

The situation became awkward when there was no conversation. Imagine, you were in the same elevator with your crush. You bit your lower lip and blushed to remember that your dad and his parents planned for an arranged marriage.

 

"S-Sehun-ah..About yesterday-" "Don't remind me about it. Just forget about it. Just act like we don't know anything." Sehun cut off your words and the door opened. Sehun walked out ; leaving you in there alone.

 

I never thought he could say that to me.. How can I forget something like that when the fact my dad and his parents planned for an arranged marriage?!

 

You went to the café with Suzy. You decided not to think much about the arranged marriage and didn't want to tell Suzy about it. You didn't have any guts to tell her yet about it. You sat with Suzy at one of the table in the cafeteria, near with EXO members who were having their meals. Your eyes landed on Sehun who was laughing with his friends. Your heart softened to see his smile and laughter.

 

"You didn't smile at me yesterday. Your smile can really make my heart to thump." You thought in your mind. You felt like your heart couldn't stop beating too fast just by looking at his face. Suzy waved her hand at you when she noticed that you were looking at Sehun secretly.

 

"The food is waiting for you to eat them. Your crush won't be feeding you the food." Suzy teased. You laughed with her jokes and took a spoonful with meals and fed it into your mouth.

 

"I wonder why you're liking him so much." "I don't know. Maybe because Sehun has something special that caused me to fall for him."

 

"Suzy blinked her eyes many times when she looked at you. "Sehun? His name is Sehun? How did you know?" The question trapped yourself. You couldn't simply tell her that you met Sehun that night for dinner. She might shot you a lot of questions and in the end, you had to tell her about the arranged marriage.

 

"Er, I heard it from those gossip girls in the restroom." You lied. Suzy thought you were telling the truth so she just nodded, continued to eat her meal. You bit your lip, felt a bit relief that Suzy didn't know you were lying.

 

 

"You should see Lay's face when he fell in front of the girls." Xiu Min teased. Lay pouted when his friends were laughing hard to see Xiu Min imitated Lay's face.

 

"Yah! Stop doing that!" Lay said. Luhan laughed while continuing to play with his Rubik's cube. "Calm down, Lay. They still like you as always."

 

"Yeah. Don't worry about that." Kris added. Luhan put his Rubik's cube on the table and his friends were amazed with him to solve all of the colors. Ssehun clapped his hands excitedly, "Daebak!"

 

Kai's eyes landed on you. His lips curled upwards to see you were laughing with Suzy. He turned to look at his friend.

 

"Guys, finally, I know her name." Kai said. "Her? Who?" D.O asked; confused.

 

"The girl who always get her bubble tea everyday." Sehun almost get choked with his drink to hear Kai's words. He knows her name? Since when?

 

"What's her name?!" Baekhyun was so excited to know. Kai smiled, "Jung Eunji. She has such a nice name."

 

"And pretty too." Kris added. Sehun bit his lower lip to hear his hyungs were talking about you. He didn't want to tell them the truth yet about the arranged marriage. It might be a hot topic for them to be discussed. He rather to keep it as a secret.

 

"Did you get her friend's name? At least, Chanyeol can know her name. Right?" Tao teased and he got a smack from Chanyeol. "Stop mentioning that girl! I hate her."

 

"You hate her because she kicked your car? Silly Yeol!" Baekhyun said in his laugh. Chanyeol pouted because of it.

 

Sehun remained silence and decided not to say anything. "Guys, are you free this evening?" All of them nodded; answering the maknae's question.

 

"Why don't we play basketball?!" He suggested.

 

 

------------

 

Sehun was getting ready before going to play basketball with his friends. He was texting with Chen first before leaving the house. Then, he heard a knock against the door. His mom was calling for his name; asking for his permissions to enter the room. Sehun let his mother to enter and she smiled when she opened the door.

 

"You're going now?" Sehun shook his head, "I'll be going in ten minutes. Why, mom?" Sehun asked. She sat on his bed while looking up at her son. He has grown up very well. She carved a smile.

 

"Come here. Sit beside me. I want to talk with you." Her mother said softly. Sehun obeyed as he sat beside her.

 

"What is it, mom?" He asked. Jiyoung took his hand and held it. "Sehun-ah, I know that you're mad with me and your dad because of the arranged marriage. But you have to know that we're doing it because we want you to get your happiness."

 

"But not with her. I don't even know her."

 

"I know. But, we can assure you that Eunji is a good girl. Her father has been raising her since she was still a baby. Her father is a good guy."

 

Sehun looked down. He didn't know what to say. "We never ask you to do anything for us or even pay back for everything. We just hope that you can agree with this plan, for us. We want to see you happy, with Eunji. Because we can feel that she's the good girl for you."

 

Sehun held his breathe for a few seconds, thinking the best decision for it.

 

"Please, Sehun.  Even though we know, you might be hating us because of this plan." Sehun's heart softened after heard his mother's words. He quickly wrapped his arms around her, pulling his mother into a hug.

 

"No, mom. I don't hate you and dad because of this matter. Please don't say like that." Sehun said. He felt guilty because of them.

 

"If this is the best for me, then I'll agree with the arranged marriage. As long as, mom and dad will be happy because of me." His words made Jiyoung to smile. She felt elated to know that finally her son agreed with the plan.

 

"Thanks a lot, Sehun. You don't have to think much about the preparation because we're going to handle it for you." She said. Just then, Sehun bit his lower lip, thinking about something.

 

"Mom." "Yes?"

 

Sehun took a deep breathe before saying, "Can we just invite our relatives? Just a small wedding is okay for me."

 

Jiyoung frowned, "But why?" "Because I don't want my friends or even Eunji's friend to know about this. It's better to keep it as a secret. Please?" Sehun begged. Jiyoung sighed heavily and nodded with his request. "Arraseo. I will tell your dad and Mr. Jung too about this." Sehun was happy with it. He just didn't feel ready to let his friends know about it.

 

I need to tell Eunji before we get married.. This arranged marriage is going to be a secret between both of us..

 


A/N; I hope you enjoyed with the chapter! Comment and subscribe ^^