Timing

The Proposal

Minzy: Bom unnie came home drunk. She went out with CL and Dara to attend YG's birthday. It was a drinking party and I'm not allowed yet to tag along with them, so I chose to stay home and relax. I was about to take a bath when she came in singing so loud. She was so drunk she almost tripped and fell on the floor.

 
"Unnie, I told you not to drink a lot.", I told her.
 
"Drinking is good... sometimes.", she answered.
 
"But unnie..."
 
"You know it's good to drink, especially if you're with your boss, you don't have to be cautious it's his birthday anyway... you will get to drink with us very soon Minji-yah. Very soon..."
 
I carried her to the sofa. I was about to head to the kitchen to get hot water and towel when she mumbled something.
 
"Minji-yah, you haven't told me anything about your first crush... you come here and tell me stories..."
 
"Here we go again.", I thought. She was completely not in herself right now. Now I wished I went to that party as well to check on her and the girls, I am pretty sure the two were drunk as well.
 
"Yah, come here I'm talking to you!"
 
"Alright, alright!"
 
I sat on the sofa, putting her legs on my lap. The smell of alcohol coming from her is so strong.
 
"What do you want me to tell you today, about Shinee boy?"
 
"No, about the other one, you said something in your sleep last night you have another crush! Why are you not telling that to your unnie!"
 
I said something? Gosh, I might be talking in my sleep and if that's the case, unnie might have already found out about it!
 
Even if she's drunk, I defended myself. "I don't have any other crush why would you say that?"
 
"No, you said something about someone, better tell me now...", Bom answered back, mumbling like an old woman.
 
I don't know what came to me, I thought that she was drunk maybe I'd tell her. I don't expect anything from her anyway, I just want to let her know how I feel for my unnie. And I don't care if she will remember this conversation tomorrow.
 
"I have feelings for you, unnie.", I sarted.
 
"What... with me?"
 
"Yes. I don't know why, but one day I just realized I am falling for you."
 
"Oh... why me then? Tell me the story..."
 
I felt so comfortable I told her everything- the first time I felt something for her was when she took me to a dog cafe, her bullying me which made me giggle, the days when we don't have practice and we just stay at home all day watching movies, her huge appetite. I adore everything about her. And I was able to confess that to her. Tonight.
 
A few seconds after my confession, Bom reacted, "You punk... why didn't you tell me that before?"
 
"I was afraid you might act differently towards me if I tell you this, maybe you won't care for me anymore."
 
"You think so? Of course I will still care for you. Minji-yah, you are still young, you will have more life and love adventures to come. Maybe you and Taemin will be together again,we don't know what will happen. And don't like me, you don't like someone eating a lot, right?"
 

I felt a sudden pain on my chest. Unnie rejected me. She's drunk but she still was able to do it. But again, I don't expect that she will still feel the same for me. I was just happy I was able to let out what I've been hiding from her. I don't know what's with me tonight, but I held her hand and offered her a "proposal".
 
"Yah unnie, if I become and adult next year, I will confess my love for you one more time, when you're not drunk anymore, and you will accept it and become my girlfriend, okay?"
 
She stared at me for a couple of seconds, and then she giggled. "All I know is that by next year you will be able to have your first alcohol."
 
And then she closed her eyes and slept.