I'm Always Here

The Proposal

Minzy: Bom unnie didn't come home last night. I want to confront her about what happened yesterday, I really hate her for that. But somehow I'm still worried where she had spent her night.

I received a message from CL:

Minji-yah, are you awake? Please had to the company after you read this, our boss has some updates for us.

I wonder what the news is. It can be updates and upcoming events, but that does not bother me right now. I went to unnie's room to double check, but she's not there. Looking at her room, I noticed that it's tidy. The blankets were folded properly, books and magazines are organized. Could somehow Bom unnie went back last night and I just didn't notice it?

I grabbed a quick shower and breakfast then headed to the company after. I opened YG's office and Dara, CL, and boss YG is already there. Bom unnie was not.

"Minji you're here, we can now start.", YG greeted.

"Sorry I'm late boss." I took a seat at the sofa.

"Well, as you know that you girls are in preparation for your comeback album which will be 5, 6 months from now.", YG started. "There were already initial preparations with regards to the album concept and composing songs. In line with this, since it was just on the first stage, Bom asked me to give her a vacation which of course I granted. Anyway, even if she's not around, we will still continue working for the songs and the album cover concept, and meeting with producers."

Hearing that news, made my head spin and my heart beat fast. Bom unnie...

"Where did Bom unnie go?", I immediately asked.

"She didn't specifically tell if she's leaving for the U.S., but-"

"Dara unnie...", tears started rolling down my eyes.

"We don't know, Minji.", she said. "She left early in the morning, she went by the apartment to say goodbye."

I looked at the three of them. CL unnie looked down.

"Minji are you okay?", our boss asked.

I ran out of the office without answering him back. I ran out of the building where I bumped into Daesung.

"Oh Minji-yah, what's... why are you crying?"

"Daesung oppa, have you seen Bom unnie earlier today?"

"No, but she sent Jiyong a message saying she's at the airport. That was about 4:00 AM. She said she's going on vacation. Why?"

I looked at my watch- it's 9:30 AM. There's no use of going to the airport right now. I cannot do anything about it. I'm too late. I felt more and more tears came down my eyes.

Lee Taemin: Minji asked me to meet her in the park. She was crying when she called, I'm getting worried for her. Could it be related to her career? Or personal problem? I feel like I wouldn't be able to stand seeing her crying. Whatever the reason, all I know is that she needs someone, a shoulder to cry on. Somehow I'm glad that she chose me.

Sitting on the bench, I saw walking slowly not far from me. "Minji-ssi", I called. She lifted her head and just stared at me. Her sad face, I almost cannot bear to see it. I don't want to see her crying. I quickly ran towards her, and just hugged her- hugged her as tight. She continued crying.

"Minji-ssi, don't cry... Please don't cry..."

She spent the next 15, 20 minutes crying and sobbing. I hadn't had the courage to ask her the reason, I just sat beside her waiting for her to calm down and for her to tell me. She quickly lifted her head and grabbed her handkerchief to wipe her tears. Her eyes were now bloody red.

"Aigoo, it's embarassing to cry in front of you, Taeminah", she smiled, still wiping her tears and her face. "I'm so sorry".

My heart sank, seeing her like this. Even if she's smiling now, I know she's not okay. "Do you want to eat, or some ice cream? I'm buying."

We went to the nearest ice cream shop together. I bought her favorite flavor, Rocky Road. "Oh, you still didn't forget my favorite, eh?", she said. "Of course, I know it's the only one that will cheer you up."

She smiled at me, but deep in her eyes I can see that she's currently in pain and hurt.

She at her ice cream while staring at the clouds. She's here beside me, but her thoughts are far away.

"Taeminah.. I..."

"Please, no." I knew she was going to open up, but I decided not to hear it. "Whatever it is that you are going through right now, it will be okay. I know you are a strong girl, Minji-ssi, and it makes me sad to see you crying. So... instead of being sad, be happy. And I don't have a wife who's a cry baby."

She chuckled. "Yah, I thought you're my husband. Husbands keep their wives happy."

"I am. See what I'm doing? I'm making you happy." I made a grumpy face which made her laugh. "Minji-ssi, remember that I will always be here for you, whether you're sad or happy, or scared, or angry. I am here to comfort you."

She stared at me for a while, smiling. "Thank you."

She then rested her head on my shoulder, and held my hand.