Old Times

The Proposal

Park Bom: I looked at our apartment building as I get out of the taxi. I missed this building I called home for years. I've been longing to sleep in my bed tonight and getting a good rest. I looked around, nothing's changed really, except for some new plants in the front garden. Then I saw a couple not far from where I stand, the guy kissing the girl. It didn't take me long to recognize them. It's Taemin and Minji. Oh God they kissed, I sighed. Quickly I walked towards the elevator and pushed the button.

"Wait", someone called behind, but the elevator closed quickly. I need to be in the apartment before Minji comes. Or what if she brings that young man over? Or what she's been doing this for the last 5 months that I'm not around? What if they....

Aish, I'm thinking too much!

It took a few minutes for me to get to our floor because for some reasons the elevator stopped on every floor but no one comes in to ride. Must be the kids playing with the buttons again.

 

*Ting*

 

It opened up on 4th floor. Home, I said. And as I got out making my way to the left side where our apartment's located, someone bumped on me. My purse dropped, along with my phone.

"Oh! What the...", When I turned back, the one with black hoodie quickly went on to pick my things. Minji was wearing black hoodie earlier...

"Oh, sorry... Sorry", she said. I knew it. It's her.

"Minji-yah."

The lady in the hoodie looked at me. She was surprised. "Bo... Bom unnie..." It took her a few seconds before she stood up and gave my purse. "You just arrived?", she said.

"Yes."

"Oh, okay. It's nice to see you again unnie."

We walked together but not talking. I don't know what to tell her, and I can see that she too was anxious to start a conversation. We arrived at the door, she started entering the security code.

 

*Code invalid*

 

She tried entering the code again several times, and the machine gave her invalid code result.

"Dammit", she said. I looked at her. She seemed nervous.

"Did you changed the security code and forgot it?", I asked her.

"No I didn't, I don't know why it won't accept."

"Let me do it." I entered the 5 digit code myself. When I pressed OK, the red light turned to green, accepting the code. I looked at Minji again and smiled.

"How'd you..."

I quickly opened the door and went in before she could finish. Her reaction made me giggle as I removed my shoes. I went straight to the living room and looked around. Clean and neat, I told myself. Dara's right, our Maknae kept our apartment tidy. I can't wait to get to my bedroom.

"It's already dinner, do you want to eat?", she asked me.

"I'm full, thanks for asking." I grabbed my luggage and went to my bed. I left Minji standing in the kitchen table.

 

Minzy: Damn, why is it not accepting the code? It's my 5th time to enter it but no luck. I admit that I am distracted, because Bom unnie is with me and watching me, but still...

"Did you changed the security code?", she asked.

"No I didn't."

"Let me do it," she said then entered the code herself. To my surprise the machine accepted the code and the door unlocked.

"How did you..." She entered the apartment leaving me at the door. When I entered, she was in the living room looking around. I stood by the kitchen table. "It's already dinner, do you want to eat?", I asked.

"I'm full, thanks for asking", she answered. She then pulled her luggage over to her room. I started looking for something to eat.

Almost an hour later, unnie got our of her room. I offered her to eat with me, but she just smiled. She went to the balcony. I saw her grab the ash tray. I want to join her and talk to her, but I don't know what to tell her. Should I ask her how was her vacation? Or why did she go without talking to me? Or why did she kissed me that way before she left?

I washed the remaining dishes in the kitchen and decided to call it a day. I was about to go to my room when she called me.

"Minji-yah, are you going to bed? It's still early."

I thought of a good excuse. "Yeah, I'm sleepy. Got tired of cleaning all day."

"All day, really?", unnie asked.

"Yes, then I went for a quick run after."

"Oh", she said. "That's why I saw you and Taemin earlier, kissing. Bet you had a good run eh?"

She saw us kissing earlier?!

"I... We went out for a coffee, after the run", I answered back.

"Okay, good night then."

I went to my room. Unnie saw us. But why would she tell that, is she trying to tell me something? Was unnie jealous?


Park Bom: Why did I say that to her? I sounded sarcastic, most of all I sounded jealous. Truth is yes, I got jealous of what I saw earlier, but I shouldn't be. I have no right to be jealous. Before I left Paris, I made a decision to throw away this feeling. It's so stupid for me to be in love with her. 
But I've had previous relationships, and they're all pretty easy to forget. But with Minji, I... when did I even start falling for her? I never even thought of doing this.

The pack of cigarette I had is almost up, but I still can't sleep. I felt like I'm in the same situation before I went on vacation. All of a sudden I felt stress.

Maybe I'm just tired.

I got up and went to my room to get my towel. It's still winter in Korea but I'm sweating. As I approached the bathroom its door opened, Minzy came out with just a towel wrapped on her body. We were both surprised, caught off guard. 
"Sorry.", she said.

"That's okay."

I hate this awkwardness between us. Everything's been changed. I miss our giggling and our laughs filling the apartment. Now, it's just silence. I cannot take this.

I grabbed her hand as she walked away from me, pulled and hugged her. She was surprised of what I did. "Unnie, what's wrong..."

I caressed her hair, smelling the scent of shampoo she used. "I just missed you, I just missed the old times."

"Unnie, I miss the old times too. I wish we can just bring it back like the way it used to be."

"We both know it won't be the same.", I said. "There's something between us that's holding back the old times."

"Unnie, we don't have to hold back..."

I held her face and looked at her. God, she's so beautiful, her eyes got me mesmerized.

"We don't have to hold back.", I whispered to her, then I started reaching out for her lips. As if she knew what would happen next, she closed her eyes.

We stood there in front of the bathroom, kissing. The next thing we know, we were heading to my room.

 

 ===

Hello readers! Thank you for dropping by to read this fic! Promise to update this as much as possible, I won't fail you! Fighting! ^^