Crossing Paths

The Proposal

 

Park Bom: I passed by the coffee shop to grab a nice frappe before I head to the grocery. Walking to the door, I saw a familiar face by the shop window. It's Minji. She was laughing with a young man. 

 
She looks happy. And who is she talking to? I moved closer to the main entrance to get a clearer view. It was him. Minji was talking to Taemin, the Shinee boy.
 
Wow, I'm glad they finally met after all. They had a lot of catching up to do. I don't want to interrupt them, so carefully I made my way to the counter, got my frappe and went out immediately. 
 
They looked cute. I grabbed my phone to send her a message: 
 
Minji-yah, is that Taemin? He's handsome. And you are pretty. You two really look good together. Daebak! ^^ Goodluck!
 
I quickly entered the car before hitting Send. Seconds later, I saw her staring outside the window. She was looking for me. 
 
I couldn't stop thinking about what I saw earlier this afternoon. It's the first time I saw Minji with a guy! I know that she has rehearsals with Taemin, but I did not expect that they will go out. Oh, our baby Minji is really becoming a lady. She's becoming prettier and Taemin is a charismatic man. I think they will be a good couple someday, once our baby becomes legal. I cannot wait for her to tell me the details later on tonight! If she doesn't, I will have to torture again if I have to!
 
Minzy: Bom sent me a message. She's here. She saw me and Taemin. 
 
Where is she, I thought looking at the window. She might be outside and saw us. 
 
"Minji-ssi, is there something wrong?", Taemin asked.
 
I ignored him and continued looking outside. I don't understand what I'm feeling, but I had to see her. I had to at least introduce her to Taemin, or at least just see her face.
 
"Yah, Gong Minji is there anything wrong?", Taemin asked for the second time.
 
"No, nothing. I'm sorry. I thought I saw an old acquaintance. Sorry."
 
We continued our catching up for another hour, ordered another round of snacks, but the fact that Bom unnie saw us just kept coming on my mind. Was she happy that I am with Taemin? Well, maybe, she already told me that a couple of nights ago. When it's about Taemin, Bom was my cupid. She always tells me that he is handsome and that first love never dies and that we will be a good couple. She is rooting for Taemin as the ideal guy for me. But contrary to that, he was just my childhood love.
 
Bom unnie is my first love.
 
"So I guess let's wrap this up then, it's late and your group mates might be waiting for you. It's good to see you again, Minji-ssi!", Taemin said smiling.
 
"It's good to see you too, buddy! I hope we meet again after the presentation."
 
"But of course! If I have to come all the way to YG building, I will just to see my Minji."
 
My Minji. Sounds sweet, I couldn't help but smile
 
"Yah, I'm not your Minji. I'm your old friend who waited for your letters."
 
"I know and I still have a lot to make it up to you. One day is not enough."
 
He gave me his mobile number, and I gave him mine as well. We hugged each other and said our goodbyes.  Now, I have to go home to check for unnie.