Welcome Back

The Proposal

5 Months

Park Bom: I've been on the plane for 8 hours now. Not that I am uncomfortable, riding an airplane is part of our job. I was able to sleep or even take a nap, I am so excited to go back to my country. 5 months was a long vacation for me. I've enjoyed 5 long months wandering around the streets and places without any cameras following or bothering me. I was able to Christmas and New Year with my friends and family without worrying about the media. Now, I am ready to get back to work for our group comeback. Ah, I miss the girls. This was the first time I spent the holidays without them. I wonder if they're already done with the songs and the choreography. I have a lot of catching ups to do. Most of all, I miss Minzy. I left Korea without talking to her about what had happened. I still love her. When I was in Paris, I tried to forget the feeling by going out with other girls but no matter what I do, my mind and my heart screams and beats out her name. I have read news that she and Taemin are already a hot item Korea right now, although I have confirmed (through CL) that they're not together. Maknae is still a minor and we still have the dating ban. I am happy for both of them, of course, but sadness and jealousy takes over whenever I read an article about them. I have no right to be jealous, and she might still hate me until now. I do not know how to face her once I arrive, but I have to settle this problem I have made.

Minzy: I've been looking at the calendar for several minutes now, flipping through the past months and counting the weeks for no reason. My, a week more to go before my 20th birthday! Wow, days more to go and I will be of legal age! Now, I will think of what should I do first- clubbing with my friends? Get my first liquor? Or maybe I should celebrate it with my family and my unnies, but not with Taemin. He and his group will leave Korea before my birthday for their world tour. Taeminah has been a very good friend to me for the past 5 months, and he's been a patient one. I admit that we have a special connection, something that only two of us understand even by just looking in the eye. Maybe this is the reason why our fans and the media say that we should be together and that we have good chemistry. One day we were reading a paper and one of the articles mentioned that we should be featured in 'We Got Married'. Taemin just laughed and said, "But we're already married!".

He's a sweet boy, and I am thankful that I have him with me.


Park Bom: I took a deep breath the moment I stepped out of Incheon Airport. Oh, I missed the Winter feel in Korea, I cannot wait to go out and eat a nice chicken soup!

"Bommie! Bom unnie!", someone shouted. A very familiar voice. I looked at my left side and saw Jjangmae standing beside a black van, and CL stuck outside the van's window waving at me.

My eyes filled with tears of joy and excitement. "Yah Chaerinah, why don't you come help me with my luggage!", I shouted back. She immediately went out, and to my surprise, Dara went out as well, holding a banner for me saying. "WELCOME BACK BOMMIE! NOW LET'S GET BACK TO WORK!!!" I ran and hug them both, Jjangmae Manager helped me with my things.

"We missed you Park Bom!", Dara said while hugging me tight. "Hey, is that how you treat me? I just arrived and now you're telling me to go to work?" They both laughed, and pointed at Jjangmae, saying that he made the banner.

"Wae? I just painted it", the poor Manager said. I missed our Jjangmae as well, he's been a good manager to us. "You painted it? It's colorful. So... Jjangmae style!" I turned to him and hugged him as well.

"Unnie, we missed you so much that we already wanted to work with you right away, that's what we mean when we put it on the banner. I guess you misunderstood it kekeke", said CL.

"Of course I want to work with you all! I missed boss YG as well, and Teddy, and the dance crew!"

"Hey, do want to take a rest now? I would like for us to get some meal and coffee. Take it as a welcome back treat from me."

I decided to have Jjangmae take my luggage to the apartment while the three of us visited our favorite restaurant.


Minzy: I'm done cleaning out my room and the kitchen. Whenever I can I spend my time cleaning and organizing things. Today, I did some rearrangements on the kitchen tables and utensils and it was a success. Then I decided to go to Bom unnie's room to sweep the floor.

I hadn't changed anything she did on her room since she left. I just go in there everyday to sweep the floor and open up the window to let sunshine in. I opened the door, and the first thing that caught my eye was the photo on her bedside table. Our photo in Jeju. Happy times, I said to myself. I went ahead and opened the window, then started sweeping the corners. Somehow since she went on vacation, I've always felt lonely whenever I enter her room. For the past months we never had communication. She sends messages to CL and Dara unnie, but not to me. My two unnies always tell me that Bom didn't want them to know where her location is, but I don't know if it's true or not. One thing I know is that Bom unnie is avoiding me.

I continued sweeping under her bed, trying not to look at the Jeju photo. It gives me a sad feeling whenever I see it. Sad that because we never really get to talk before she left, and sad because I miss her so much. I like Taemin a lot, but I cannot deny the fact that Bom unnie still has a special place in my heart, and that special place will be hers forever.

After a few minutes of sweeping, I closed the window and left her room. I am about to throw the dust on the garbage bin when our doorbell rang. I checked on the security monitor and saw Jjangmae Manager. "Oppa, what's up?", I said.

"Hey, Minji-yah."

I opened the door for him. With Jjangmae is a big brown luggage.

"Oppa, how are you? What's with the luggage? Are you moving in here today?", I joked.

Jjangmae smiled. "No, I just came here to deliver it. It's Bom's luggage, she just arrived."

I was surprised. I felt time stopped when I heard what Manager said. Unnie's already here...

"She went out for a meal, she asked me to bring this", Jjangmae continued. He went inside and put the luggage in the living room. I'm still on the door standing.

"Well I have to go now, see you around Minji-yah"

"Oh... oh yes... Oppa, thanks."

I stared at the luggage. God, she's here. She's already here. I felt my blood rush to my head and my heart beat faster. The excitement of seeing her again filled my thoughts. I checked for the tag, and found one written: PAR. She went to Paris. She was in France for the past 5 months.

Suddenly, the excitement I felt earlier was replaced with nervousness. Nervous of how would I react once we see each other. I instantly felt that I am not ready to see her and talk to her yet. I have to get out of her before she arrives.

===

Hello! Sorry for the delay of the update! Kind of busy with work and seminars lately. Anyway don't worry I promise to update this fic. Enjoy it!