I Can Wait

The Proposal

Minzy: I really don't have appointments today. I just want to get out of the apartment and avoid unnie as much as possible. I don't want to feel awkward to her. I decided to visit my sister when I received the message:
 
Taemin: Minji-ssi, are you free today? Let's grab some lunch later! You know the beef soup I've been telling you the other day? I want that! 
 
As far as I can tell, Taemin is still Taemin that I know- still caring and sweet. I smiled and replied to his message. Few hours later I found myself waiting for him at Lotte World. I was busy with my chocolate popsicle when someone covered my eyes. "Hello there", said a guy's voice. Of course I know the voice and I didn't hesitate to answer back. "Yah, Lee Taemin".
 
"Who is Lee Taemin?", he replied.
 
"That's you, silly boy."
 
"No, I'm NOT just Lee Taemin. I'm Lee Taemin, your long lost husband."
 
And he kissed my cheek. I was surprised and caught off guard. I felt my cheeks become hot.
 
"Hey, you're blushing. Was that your first kiss?"
 
"Hello no!", I quickly defended myself.
 
"Then why are you blushing? Yah, Gong Minji, it's your first kiss right?? Right??"
 
I couldn't say anything. I just smiled. Gosh my cheeks were still hot.
I expect that he would tease me more, but instead he just smiled back at me and wrapped his left arm around my shoulder. "Well, I guess I'm lucky then. That's my girl.".
 
Why do I feel this way? His arms around me feels like volts of electricity is running around my body...
 
 
Lee Taemin: There's this feeling of joy when she smiled after the kiss. So it means that I am her first kiss? Oh my, I can hear angels singing right now! I wrapped my arms around her shoulder when I felt an some tiny jolts of electricity surging. "Well, I guess I'm lucky then. That's my girl.".
 
We went to a local restaurant and ordered the best beef soup. Though Minji watches her diet, she enjoyed the meal while talking about other past activities. She's very lovely, especially her smile. I still love the way, her eyes become smaller when she smiles.
 
It's 2PM when she decided to go home. "I have to go now, Taemin-ah. I enjoyed the lunch, thank you for inviting me again."
 
"Let me go ahead and drive you home.", I offered her.
 
"No, that's fine. I can ride a cab from here."
 
"I'd really like to drive you back, Minji-ssi. It's me who invited you so I have to return you safely to your place."
 
"Yah, Taemin-ah. You can drive me home next time, I promise. The next time we go out, I will treat you to lunch, okay?", she patted my shoulder and smiled. To me her smile made my heart beat more faster. I grabbed her hand. She was surprised by my gesture. This is it, I have to let her know.
 
"Minji-ssi, do you remember the last time we met, I told you I have so much more to tell you?"
 
"Oh?", she said, puzzled.
 
"Minji-ssi, when we were kids our friends used to tease us and call us married couple. Did you know that I like it when he tease us that way? When we moved away I really cried a lot, because I thought you would be lonely because your husband won't be beside you any longer." I held her hand even more tighter and stared her. In return she stared back at me but this time her eyes don't look puzzled anymore. They're calm and hypnotic.
 
"Gong Minji, I know you are not on legal age yet, and not allowed to date. But I am asking you, will you go out with me once you reach 20 next year? Because I really, really, really like you a lot."
 
I quickly released her hand and pull her towards me. I hugged her and kissed her in the forehead. This is it, Lee Taemin, I told myself. It's now of never. Either face the consequences or you will regret not telling her how you feel for the rest of your life. To my surprise, I felt her hand went to my back. God, she's hugged me back. She hugged me back!
 
Seconds after I looked at her. I swear we were both blushing after that moment. "Taemin-ah", she said. "Do you think you can wait until next year?"
 
I smiled. "I can wait for you, Minji. I can."