Comfort

The Proposal

 

Minzy: Right now all I can say is that I am confused. After what happened with me and unnie and my liking for Taemin, I do not know what to do anymore. Promising him something made me feel bad about myself, how can I do that to him without even making sure that that is what I like?

And Bom unnie... I'm not even sure why she did that to me. She clearly stated before she treats me as a sibling, and now... was she trying to take advantage of me, because she knows that I have feelings for her? If that's the case, then this has to stop!

Park Bom: I am so mad at myself right now after what I did to Minzy. God, she's so innocent and pure, and she deserves better than me- a man, not me.

I knocked by CL and Dara's apartment to get some air. Luckily, they're at home watching movies. "Unnie, what's up?", CL greeted me. I immediately saw a pack of cigarette on their table. "Can I have this? I'll buy one later". I went to their balcony and lit a stick. I heard Dara's whisper.

"She only smokes when she's bothered."

A few seconds after, the two joined me at the balcony, CL, holding bottles of beer and Dara holding couple of cigarette packs. "Wow, a celebration?", I asked.

"No, we just want to join in", Dara answered. "Is something bothering you?"

"You had a fight with Minji?", CL butted in.

I puffed my cigarette few times."What would you do if... you have a friend, a very close friend, so close that you treat each other as siblings... and just one day you wake up realizing you are falling for that friend?"

The girls went silent, their faces looked puzzled. "So, this is a love problem, I guess?"

"You can say that, yeah."

"Then this calls for a longer discussion then". CL went back to the kitchen then came back with more cans of beer and chips.

"Now tell us, Bommie, we're here to listen."

At first I haven't had the courage of telling them who I really am, not because they might judge me but because it might affect the whole group. But this time I had to. I need their help.

"You know, when you were out there living alone by yourself, you get to experience lots of things- meet new friends, experiment with love. I've had some boyfriends in the past, and also had relationships with girls, and I thought because I was young, it's okay to explore. But during those years of exploring up to now, I can really tell that I love women more than men. I am telling this to you guys because you are my friends, my sisters and I hope you don't judge me and walk away from me."

I felt like millions of thorns were removed from my chest. That heavy feeling within my heart immediately disappeared. I sighed waiting for what they will say. Both of them were surprised. It was CL who broke the silence.

"Yah, Park Bom unnie", she said patting my shoulder, smiling. "No matter what you do, no matter what gender you love, we will support you and here for you. We will love you always. We're sisters, right?"

Uknowingly tears came out of my eyes. I'm extremely happy and overwhelmed of what the girls told me. "You do?"

"Of course! And we're glad that you trust us that much, unnie. Does Minji know about this already?"

"Yes, since we moved in to this building."

"Aigoo and you just told us today?", Dara said. "That's not fair! The maknae should be the last one to know!" Then they laughed.

CL then continued asking questions. "So unnie, so is your problem related to what you told us? Love problem?"

I looked away from them and kept silent. I looked at the buildings around us. I looked at the beautiful Han river and the ferries sailing. I looked at the beautiful sunset slowly going down. But I couldn't admire them. I stared back at the girls then lit another cigarette. They were silent, waiting for me to talk.

I took a deep breath. "I am in love with our maknae."

"What?"

"I am in love with maknae. I am in love with Minji."

I didn't take my eyes away from them, waiting for their reaction. They were silent but then moments later both their jaws dropped, eyes wide open. I giggled silently.

"Omo, omo", CL said "Yah unnie, why- omo...", she covered in shock.

"Bommie, why Minji...", said Dara. They were both shocked with what I told them. God, they might not hate me for being a gay, but for me loving Minji...

I began to tell them the whole story. From the night the kiss happened, up to the last incident. They listened to me carefully, though I see their reaction getting worse.

"I know I've been bad. And this is all my fault, I shouldn't have told her things. I felt like I've corrupted her mind. She was so young and-" This time I couldn't hold back my tears. I cried hard. And none of them came close to comfort me. Oh, God now they really hate me.

"Bommie, I don't think you don't have anything to do with this", Dara said. I continued sobbing. She came close and hugged me. "We all know Minji is not yet an adult, but we all know she's more matured than us. It's just age, Bommie. What she feels or likes or hates is still her call. Maybe she do likes girls even before, we don't know."

"Dara unnie's right.", CL said. "Or we might not even know she was just exploring, like you before."

"I just feel bad about myself, for telling her before that I love her as my sister, and now- I don't even know how to face her after all that happened."

"You don't have to worry about it. I will talk to her tonight. If you don't want to go back, you can spend the night here. So what are you going to do now, unnie?"

"Thank you so much for all your understanding". I hugged them both. I hugged them like I have never hugged them before.

"Ciel, Dara-ya, I don't know how to thank you enough. Now I feel better. I've been thinking, since we are still on our initial preparations for our comeback, I could leave this country for a while and clear my mind."

"We understand, Bommie", Dara whispered. "If you need some time off you can go. You deserve it."