The Proposal

The Proposal
 
Park Bom:  It's Minji's birthday today, and while she and Chaerin are out, Dara and I went to the nearest supermarket to buy goods for our surprise party. "Ah, I remember Mingkki back then, she was this little trainee everyone loved by other YG artisits... now I can't believe she's already an adult!", she exclaimed while picking fresh pickles for salad.
 
"Minji is still adorable and still loved by everyone at our company", I replied. "I think it would not be hard for her to join the adult world."
 
"That is because, she thinks and acts like an adult even before!" We both laughed at the thought that Minji is an adult in a young girl's body.
 
"Bommie, do you think she'll like home made pizza? I'm thinking I could make one for tonight." 
 
"I think she'll love it, she loves to eat bread, right?"
 
We passed by the cakes and pastry section when I saw a beautiful, chocolate cake with cherries on top of it. "Excuse me", I asked the grocery assistant. "Was this cake freshly baked?"
 
"Yes Madam, it just arrived today. It's the only chocoloate cake available at the moment, I suggest you buy it while it's available.", he said.
 
"Do you like it?", Dara suddenly asked. 
 
"Do you think she'll like it?"
 
"Well, she's into healthy foods you know. But I think she'll give it a try this time hihi." I gave Dara a sconful look.
 
"Okay, seriously. Do you want to give that cake to her?"
 
"Yes."
 
She smiled. "Do you want to give her that cake with all your heart?" 
 
"What? Of I course!"
 
"Like with all your heart, like... you know..."
 
"Yah, Sandara!", I shouted enough for the other people to look at us. Even the grocery assistant was surprised.
 
"I'll take it", I finally said. "Great then!", he replied. "Is this going to be for a loved one?"
 
"It's for a friend's birthday." I can hear Dara giggling behind me.
 
After loading all the items in the van, we went back to the apartment. Throughout the trip back, I was silent, not talking to Dara, the driver.
 
When the van stopped at a traffic light, she finally talked to me. "Bommie yah."
 
"Oh..."
 
"Do you have any plans to fix anything with Mingkki? It's her birthday, it would be a perfect for her if you two patch things up."
 
I didn't answer her. I want to have this day to be special for her, but some idea just kept popping in my mind. I smiled.
 
"You crazy woman smiling all by yourself there, Park Bom. Whatever you want to, you know we will support you." 
 
"Even I confess to her?", I asked.
 
"Even if you confess to her."
 
After we arrived at the apartment and preparing all the things to cook, I went to my room and opened my personal safetybox. I thought I forgot to bring you, I sighed as I grabbed a small box put it in my pocket.
 
Minzy: After a birthday breakfast with my family, Chaerin unnie picked me up from our house and headed straight to our company. Today, I will host a mini fan meeting and unnie will help me, since it's my first time to hold a service for my fans. When we arrived at the company, I was surprised to see GD, Daesung and TOP oppa outside holding  flowers.
 
"See, your oppas love you more than they love me", unnie joked. "Happy birthday sweetie." I gave her a hug before going out of the car. Oppas circled me around and gave me a group hug singing 'Happy Birthday' at the same time. People from neighboring buildings who happened to be outside also greeted me. "Thank you" was the only answer I could give them. I was overwhelmed with the surprise.
 
"Maknae is now old! Does this mean we can go clubbing tonight?", Daesung said
 
Chaerin, being a mother-like unnie reacted. "Yah, Daesung!" Everyone laughed. 
 
"Hey Jiyong, we have lots of new, young artists here at the company, is Minjiyah still your favorite maknae?", TOP oppa asked.
 
"Of course, she still is. She's still GD's Pet", he answered, emphasizing the word 'Pet'. He then handed me a box 'From BigBang' printed in it. "Happy Birthday, Minjiyah."
 
"Thank you Oppas, and thank you for the flowers and the gifts."
 
"Oh, that's okay. We decided to deduct it from your next salaray, so don't mind it", TOP said joking, and everyone laughed again. He then changed his demeanor and turned to Chaerin and acted bossy. 
 
"Yah, Chaerin, how can you let the birthday girl carry all her gifts? It's her special day, that means you're her assistant today don't complain, okay?"
 
"Yeah, yeah, yeah Boss Seunghyun", unnie said bowing down to him while getting the flowers. 
 
We went inside the building laughing hard.
 
The building's mini hall was filled with fans clapping and screaming 'Mingkki happy birthday' when I entered. They then sang 'Happy Birthday' altogether and made me cry in front of  them. Just like my unnies, our fans have also been supportive and were always at our backs everytime, even we were not active.
 
One of the fan club's officer came forward and gave me flowers and a paper bag containing lots of letters. "These were letters for you from your fans all over the world", she said. "Thank you, this means so much to me." Chaerin unnie put the gifts on the table then started speaking. She acted like the host of the event, I am grateful for the help she gave me today. Throughout the meeting there were lots of fan questions that I needed to answer.
 
One fan, from another country who came to Korea just to attend the event asked, "Minzy, is it true that Taemin confessed to you but you dumped him?" The rest of the audience screamed.  CL unnie handed me the microphone. "Taeminah, well for you guys who don't know yet, Taemin was my classmate back in Gwangju. We had a chance to meet up and reconnect before they went on their tour, but there's nothing more between us other than friendship." Everyone went Ohh.. after that.  She then asked me another question.
 
"So if it's not Taemin, is there someone you like or makes your heart flutter at the moment?" I looked at Chaerin unnie, and with her nod as a signal, I answered her back.
 
"There is someone special to me today, and I hope I can confess my feelings one day."
 
It made the audience giggle and scream. Even unnie was surprised at what I said. 
 
After some song numbers and more questions, we ended the fan meeting with a group lunch and some photoshoots. CL unnie was a good assistant to me today, and she 
 
generously took photos using the fans' phones, even made us do some wacky pose. It was a memorable birthday to me, not only that it's a celebration of me becoming an 
 
adult, but I get to celebrate it with people who supported me and my unnies all the way. 
 
"Your fan meeting was amazing, Mingkki!", unnie said as we take a rest at the lounge. "Thank you for your help unnie."
 
I was about to doze off when she leaned on my face. "Minjiyang, what are you gonna do today? Are you going to tell Bommie?"
 
"I don't know..."
 
"I don't know? What if she also likes you? Are ou just going to let this pass?" Unnie has a point, but the thing is, I know Bom unnie has feelings for me as well.
 
"Well, it's still up to you. Whatever your actions will be, you'll always have my back, okay? Minji birthday girl fighting!"
 
It was almost dinner when we decided to go home. Arriving at the parking lot, CL got a call and said she would have to go out for a while to meet someone, and I was left with Jjangmae to unload the gifts and flowers. When I arrived at our unit, I noticed the door was not locked, when I pushed it to open my unnies are there, including CL unnie holding a 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' sign and candles. Bom unnie holds the cake. They sang another Happy Birthday to me and for the second time, I cried. It's the first time I cried in front of my unnies. 
 
"Yah, don't be a baby. Come on, blow your candle.", Bom unnie said smiling at me. I smiled at her then blew the candle. When the lights , I was surprised to see lots of balloons and foods on the table.
 
"We decided to throw you a children's party hihihi," Dara unnie giggled.
 
"You're not surprised, aren't you?", Bom unnie asked.
 
"I... thank you unnies. This is the birthday I ever had I will forever remember this."
 
For the first time in months, I was able to talk to Bom unnie the same way as we were before. We enjoyed eating Dara unnie's home made pizza and salad. We even managed to eat all the chocolate cake and just took photos of each other. After dinner, Chaerin unnie took a bottle of wine and cans of beer from the ref.
 
"Mingkki, since you're already an adult, you now have the priviledge to hang out with us whenever we go out and you don't have to stay here all night waiting for us while we're busy partying. And to prepare for the future clubbing, you will have your first alcohol tonight."
 
"Wooo! Mingkki in beer!", the other unnies chanted.
 
I had no choice but to drink the wine they poured in for me. I thought it tasted awful, but then little by little I was able to enjoy it. They also opened a can of beer for me and we drank all available beers. Funny, as I didn't feel any dizziness at all.
 
When CL unnie started to get tipsy, it was a sign that she and Dara unnie had to go back to their apartment. We had our goodnights together and gave their gifts before they left.
 
 
Park Bom: After Chaerin and Dara left, I started cleaning the place. It was not that messy, aside from the confetti from the party popper and the balloons. I was able to wash the dishes and get things in order in less than an hour. It was already it's almost 12:00AM and not yet sleepy, I took the remaining cans of beer and went to the balcony. The winter breeze still covers the rest of Seoul, and the lights from the buildings from the main district was beautiful. Minji came back a few minutes after helping Dara with CL.
 
"Unnie, you're not yet sleepy?", she asked.
 
"You're not yet drunk? You drank a lot of beer tonight.", I replied.
 
"No, I'm doing good."
 
"That's a good sign. Come join me then."
 
She returned with a blanket and sat with me to drink. Since it's allowed, I offered her my cigarette as well. She had her first puff and coughed. I just laughed at her. 
 
"How are you?", I asked.
 
"Fine. You?"
 
"Doing pretty okay." There was a silence for a while. "Happy Birthday.", I said.
 
"Thank you unnie. Thanks for the hardwork today. Must be hard making the home made pizza hehe."
 
"Oh no, it was Dara who did all the cooking. I just did the decorations."
 
Another round of silence.
 
"How was your vacation by the way, unnie?", she began asking.
 
"The weather in Paris was cold, but not as cold as here. Seoul weather today is freezing!"
 
"But you get to go out and have fun, right?"
 
"Yes, in a way. But most of the time I'm at the hotel and just watching... or sleeping or smoking."
 
And then another silence.
 
"But why?", she again asked.
 
I cannot answer her directly that I was lonely back in France, that I missed her a lot.
 
"I don't know. I was quite lonely, 'cause I missed you girls?"
 
"Ohh.."
 
I stared at the lights for quite a while, ignoring the silence between us. Though we're not talking, I can see from the corner of my eye she's looking at me. Thoughts began to fill my mind. 
 
Is this the right time to confess? I don't want to let this moment pass, but I don't want to give her a hard time. Should I do this today or should I just forget it? 
 
But I love her. If I there's just a sign...
 
Suddenly she spoke, amazed. "Look at the stars, unnie. They're beautiful." I looked up and saw the night sky filled with shining stars- big and small stars, blue, red and yellow stars. Not even a single cloud was present.  They're perfect, I said to myself. This is it. 
 
"Minji-yah", I started.
 
"Yes?", she answered, still looking at the  sky.
 
"Do you remember the night I came home drunk?"
 
"Which one, unnie? There are lots of nights you came home drunk."
 
Smiling at her answer, I continued asking. "Do you remember the night you told me you would propose to me once you become and adult?"
 
She might have realized what I've asked her. She looked at me suddenly. "Unnie, you..."
 
"You said you would propose once you become an adult and if I'm not drunk, right?"
 
"You were drunk that night..."
 
"Those words were clear to me, Minji. Because they were words from the lady I adored and cherished in my heart." I looked at the sky. "I've been waiting for that day on when that proposal will happen. It just seems you have forgotten about it." 
 
I chugged the remaining beer I had, then stood up and grabbed the little box from my pocket and handed it to her.  "Unnie..."
 
"Happy birthday, Minji." I picked up the necklace and wore it around her neck. "It's beautiful, thank you...", she said. 
 
"Wait, the pendant is half heart. Where is the other..." I showed the other half to her already around mine. She looked at me surprised. She was really pretty...
 
"Minjiyah, I cannot wait for the day of the proposal you told me before, so I'll do it this time." I knelt before in front of her and held her hand.
 
"Gong Minji, Minji, Minzy, Mingkki... I've been bad to you these past days, but you don't know how much I regret those actions, and you don't know much I cared and loved you. Will you be my forever?"
 
I can see tears falling from her eyes. I too began to get teary-eyed, but I am sure that they're tears of joy this time. 
 
"Unnie, you don't have to do this-"
 
"I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you."
 
"I love you too." She gripped my hand. We both cried and hugged.
 
"I will forever thank you for this special moment.", she whispered.  
 
"And I will forever thank you as well."
 
We spent the rest of the night together watching the beautiful night sky cuddling in the same blanket she took out earlier. From this hour on, I promised myself I will cherish every single day I spend with Minji as I really love her so much. And I know in my heart I will be her forever.
===
Kyaa! Thank you dear readers for your patience. This is the final chapter of my first fanfic. Did you like it? Please share me your views on this! I am now working on another BomJi fanfic and I hope to read your inputs and comments so that I can do better on my next one. Again, thank you so much for the views and comments. 2NE1 Blackjacks fighting!