Truth

The Proposal
COUPLE OF DAYS LATER
 
Lee Taemin: 3 more hours before we board the plane. While the other members are excited, I am always looking around, waiting for Minji. "Hey, can you sit down?", Key hyung asked me. "I'm waiting for someone.", I said. "​Minzy?", he answered back, making the other members go "Ooooh"
 
"Hey, it's not that, guys.", I said back.
 
Onew smirked. "Alright, whatever."
 
While the others were busy with their phones, listening to music, making last minute calls and texts, I stand in the corner, eyes focused on the main entrance, waiting for her. I hope she's not late, I sighed. Today is the day that I have been waiting for- her answer to my question. And somehow I feel weird about it. When I last talked to her she was acting different and I think, I strongly think that this has something to do with her heart. Love problems. Somehow my instinct tells me that the news I will hear today will not favor me. But I don't care, since that day I saw Minji crying, I have prepared myself for the worst. 
 
From the main entrance, I saw a young lady in brown coat waving towards my direction. Ah, 
 
"Sorry, I'm a bit late", she said. She's smiling today. "Hello, Minzy", Key hyung greeted, followed by the other members. She waved at them with her eye smile.
 
"Well?", I asked. "It's nice that you came to give your good luck to us".
 
"Yes. Oh, here is for you." She handed a small paper bag. "It's a good luck present."
 
The paper bag contains a small blue teddy bear, holding a "Take Care" sign. "Thank you, it's cute!"
 
"Before you go up the stage, take a look at it and I'm sure your performance will be success. I had put all my goodluck prayer on it!"
 
"You're so sweet, Minzy. Thank you. Promise we will do our best." 
 
I placed the teddy bear back in the paper bag and slid it in my bag. "How are you Taemin ah?", she asked. I was hoping for a different question. 
 
"HOW ARE YOU?", I asked back, moving my face closer to hers, emphasizing the question. She smiled and looked down. "I'm okay, I'm always okay!", she said.
 
"The last time I talked to you, you were lonely and crying. Are you sure you're okay now?" 
 
"Yah, that was weeks ago. I'm fine."
 
I smirked. "I see. So, would you mind telling me the reason for your loneliness weeks ago?" She's the type of person that doesn't tell her problems to others ever since we were young, so I'm expecting she won't talk.
 
"Taemin ah..."
 
This is it.
 
 
Minzy: I don't want to make things hard for Taemin as much as possible, but this is the only way for me to tell the truth. My original plan, is to tell him right after I give the teddy bear, but right now questions are coming to my mind.
 
What if he'll hate me and ignore me after? It might affect him on their tour, is this the right time to tell? 
 
One thing's for sure- that Taemin is a good friend to me, and he will always remain a friend to me. 
 
"Taemin ah..."
 
He looked at me, his face so calm. "Yes?"
 
I moved closer and touched his face. From his back I can see the other oppas looking at us. "You're a good man, thank you for being there for me."
 
"Minji-ssi.."
 
I went on and hugged him, hugged him as tight as I can. I feel sorry for Taemin, but I don't want to lie to him. I have to tell him now. He put his arms around my waist and hugged me as well. Now, all of the oppas are looking at us, but I ignored them. I whispered in his ear the words he dreaded to hear.
 
"I'm sorry Taemin, but I can't give the answer that you want. I'm sorry for not telling you right away. I'm sorry for making you expect. I'm so sorry." Tears began falling down from my eyes. It was a complete silence between us, and there was no movement from him. But he must have heard me sobbing and he began to move his arms, hugging me tighter. 
 
"Why are you crying?", he asked. 
 
"Because... because..." Oppas are still looking at us, but none of them tried to come to ask what's going on.
 
He released her arms and looked at me. "This is not right. I think that it should be me crying cause I got dumped."
 
"Taemin ah..."
 
He put his hands on my face and stared at me. "Gong Minji, I told you already before, I hate seeing you crying." He smiled, one of the best smiles I've seen from him. But I know I had hurt his feelings.
 
"You were there for me these past weeks when I was down. I tried, I tried my best to like you but..."
 
"Yah, I know. I know you did your best, and thank you for your effort. It's okay, Minji. Everything will be fine. I will always be here for you no matter what."
 
"You're not angry?"
 
"I'm not."
 
"You won't ignore me?"
 
"Of course not, why are you asking that?"
 
I smiled as he wiped my tears away. I remember the last time he did it was when he found me crying outside our school, after some school girls bullied me and took my snack. That was the time we became friends. And as if it was a coincidence, he was also thinking the same. "You were like this when I saw you crying outside our school back then, remember?"
 
We both laughed.
 
"So now that we're good, would you mind telling me the reason for your loneliness this past weeks?", he asked. Ah, I thought he had forgotten it. 
 
"I think you're going to board the plane now. I can tell you when you come back", I said, trying to ignore him.
 
"No, we still have more than 2 hours to wait. Would you mind telling me now? Is it a heart problem? Who is the lucky guy? Is he as handsome as me?"
 
I laughed as he continued his questions.
 
"Or is it a girl?" I looked at him and smiled, confirming it. His eyes grew wide as he realized it. 
 
"For real?"
 
I nodded. "Mm-hmm."
 
"Waaa, really now!" His reaction made the oppas look at our direction again. 
 
"Tell me, is she a fan? Another idol? One of our classmates before- Hyejin-ah?" I laughed hard at his questions, even including one of our tomboyish classmates.
 
"Well, does the lucky lady know?"
 
"I know she feels the same for me."
 
My response made his eyebrows raise. "I think you should tell her. That way you will be happy."
 
I was about to say something when I heard the airport announcement. Their plane is ready.
 
He looked and gave his best smile. "That's us. I will see you when we come home. You take care, okay?" He gave me another hug and whispered in my ear. "And maybe when I come back, you can tell me more about your love story."
 
I laughed. "Take care of that teddy bear, okay?"
 
"I will."
 
I wished the other members goodluck and safe journey as well. Taemin was the last one to leave, holding the bear waving it at me. 
 
I left the airport in good spirits and high hopes. The heavy feeling I had was already gone, and now I have one more to settle.
 
===
Kyaa!! Sorry for the late update! Having some internet problems lately! Hope you will enjoy this second to the last chapter. And hey, go listen and watch 2NE1's latest single and music video Do You Love Me- super awesome!