It's a Promise

The Proposal

 

Minzy: Her lips are so soft and sweet. Maybe because of the orange she ate, but other than that...
She pulled me closer to her without us parting. "Minji..", she mumbled, trying to part my lips asking permission to enter. This is the first time it happened to me, but somehow my mind and body responded smoothly to what she wanted- slightly opening my mouth for her, and dropping the orange and clinging my hands on her shoulder. "Unnie..."
 
She started kissing my jawline up to my ear which gave me a different sensation I have never felt before. Every area of my skin her lips touched felt burning. "Shhh", she whispered in my ear and continued. I cannot push her back, I felt like all my strength drained with her kiss. But even if I want to stop it, my mind and body tells me not to do so. I let out a soft moan when she slightly bit my left ear. I felt her hand caress my hair, then my shoulders, down to my waist. Oh God, I'm giving in...
 
My phone rang.
 
It all came back to me at once. She looked at me, also surprised and stopped what she's doing. "Unnie, it's my phone", I said. She quickly stood up without saying anything. I can see that she looked disappointed.
 
"Hello? Oh, Taeminah... Really? Congratulations! That's great!... What, you mean this lunch?... Okay then, I will see you... same place?... Okay. Bye-bye!"
 
Ending the call, I looked around only to find Bom unnie gone.
 
Lee Taemin: She looked tensed when we met, she was not in herself contrary to what I've heard on the phone earlier.

"Is there something bothering you, Minji-ssi?"

"Oh, nothing", she said. "I'm just thinking about things. But hey, congratulations, Taeminah!"

I smiled. "Thank you. Yah, this is my treat so go eat a lot!" After years of work, my group, finally, will now embark on a month long world tour. I am so happy I just want to share this to my loved ones, including Minji.

"I'm so happy for you, Taeminah. Goodluck to you, world tours are exhausting"

"I will take your words as an advise, noona", I answered jokingly. We laughed and continued our meal. After our lunch, we decided to take a walk in the park. She's different today. Though she smiles and talks to me like the usual, I can see in her eyes that something is indeed bothering her. But I dare not to ask, it may be a personal issue, and I'm not her guy anyway. Not yet.

Something's bothering me as well.

"Minji-ssi", I told her. She was busy taking photos of almost everything, even me.

"Oh?"

"Well... our tour starts January. I might not be there to greet you on your birthday."

She smiled. "And? You can always call me or send me a text."

"But... I want to be there personally. I want to be the first to greet and sing happy birthday to you, and..."

"Yah, is this about the one you asked me before?"

Yes, I thought. This is about the one I asked you before, I'm glad you still remember. I looked down speechless.

"Taeminah, you don't have to worry about it. The first slot on my list is already reserved for you."

"Is it ajust a word of  comfort?"

"It's a promise."