Together

The Proposal

 

Minji: I just want to forget everything. Every detail of that moment. I love Bom unnie but I know that she only looks at me as a sister, a friend. I don't want to stain our friendship with just one foolish action from me. She's my friend and I'd rather forget my feelings than to lose her.

 
And it seems my feelings understand me. I've been in constant communication with Taemin for the past weeks and he is really nice. He's still the old Taemin I knew from Gwangju, only he had become more handsome. And what he told me before made my heart almost explode. Lee Taemin really liked me from the start? And he's going to wait for me 'til I become legal? 
 
While I am trying to forget my feelings for unnie, I'm starting to like him a lot. Yes, I've liked him before but this time it's different. I get excited when I see his messages, his jokes make me laugh whenever I'm having a bad day. He likes doing random stuff and surprises me, just like what he does before. He is they kind of guy every girl would love. Could it be that what Bom unnie said before is true? That we are perfect for each other and would make a good couple?
 
(Fast forward few days later)
 
I received a message frm Taemin. It was a joke, a very old joke but I can`t help but giggle. "What`s the giggle all about?", I realized Bom unnie was watching me from the sofa.
 
"It's a joke text from a friend.".
 
"Taemin?"
 
"Umm yes.", I tried not to look at her.
 
"So how are you two doing?"
 
"It's good. We had happy times going out and catching up.". Gah, I don't feel comfortable telling her about this!
 
Seconds later she broke the silence, "Good then.", then she stood and walked to her room. I looked at her, I thought she walked unsteady. 
 
It was after that when I heard a noise. I quickly rant to check and found out Bom unnie had passed out in front of her bedroom door.
 
"Unnie!", I held her head on to my lap. "God, she's burning!" Being quite strong, I put her arms around my shoulder and carefully walked her to her room. Then I grabbed my phone to call my other unnies.
 
"Hello, Dara unnie, Bom unnie's got fever!"
 
"Aigoo", Dara said. "We got caught in the rain last night on our way home. Chaerin's not feeling good and I'm sneezing as well."
 
"Aish, you unnies should be more careful next time!"
 
"Yes, we know.  Minji-yah, take care of Bommie, okay? I will try to you guys tomorrow. Call me if anything happens, okay?"
 
After the call, I went to the kitchen to get some water, went back to unnie's room and got a clean towel to put on her forehead. It was the first time I saw unnie like this. Usually, she's the one who takes care of me whenever I'm sick. Now I think it's time to give back all the goodness she's done to me.
 
While wiping her forehead and face, I looked around her room and saw lots of photos. Wow, I thought. On her bookshelf are our group photos- both our pre-debut and concert photos. On her wall, a big poster of us during our trip to L.A. with a big caption "SISTERHOOD". It made me smile and think about the past, how we've grown and matured, from trainees to artists.
 
Then on her bedside table, I saw a photo- a photo of me and unnie in Jeju on a cute picture frame with an engraved word "Together".
 
Together- that's what I wanted unnie and I to be. But it's far from reality.
 
I put the wet towel on her forehead, and I can't help but notice her beautiful face. She looks sick- her lips were pale but she's still wonderful. My fingers slowly caressed her cheeks- soft as silk. My mind is telling me not to kiss her, but my heart tells me to do so. I slowly bowed down and my lips touched hers, I felt warm all over. 
 
Stop it, Gong Minji! I realized I was doing wrong. You don't have to do this, unless you want your friendship to be over. 
 
I sat beside her for quite a long time, watching her sleep, checking her temperature. It was during this time when my phone rang from the living room. I was about to go out to check, when I heard Bom unnie.
 
"Minji-yah... Minji-yah... you're so wonderful..."
 
===
Sorry for the late update, guys! I was on vacation for the past couple of days. But anyways, I am here now and hope you liked this chapter. Please leave some comments. Or violent reactions, if there are any. Jjang!