Elevator

The Proposal

Lee Taemin: I received a call from Minji. She wanted to see me. I had to skip our group practice for today.

"Oh, you're leaving?" Key hyung said. "It's our last batch of practice session before we head abroad."

Only a few more days before we leave the country for our world tour. Hyung is right, the few days left are for us to practice on our numbers and choreography. And I am ditching one of those days just to be with the lady I like.

I found her sitting at our favorite spot in the park. From what I see, she was a bit worried. 

"Minji-ssi, what's wrong?"

"Oh Taeminah, you're here. I'm glad you came.", she said. I sat beside her. 

"What's up? Any problems you have? Oh, did you missed me?"

"Oh, nothing. I just want to see you." Hearing what she said 'I just want to see you' just made me smile.

"So indeed, you missed me!" I knew something's bothering her, whatever that is, I don't want to ask. If she has problems, I would let her tell me herself and not force her to speak.

"No, I don't miss you. I just want to spend the whole day with you. Sorry if you skip practice with you hyungs, but you'll be with them in the coming weeks, right? For now you spend the day with me and after this you can go practice with them."

"Alright, as you wish, my princess.", I told her. "I will be your chaperone for the day.". And there she goes, flashing the prettiest smile I've ever seen.

 

Park Bom: I missed eating lunch with my girls, and I today I feel good because I get to sit down with them again and chomp on our favorite meal. Sadly, Minji is not with us. I wonder why.

"Unnie, how are you? How was your vacation?", CL asked. "I envy you, because you were able to get some relaxation.

"Yes, and you didn't tell us that you'll be heading to Paris. Minji asked us one time and we just told her we don't know. She's maybe thinking that we don't want to tell her your whereabouts.", said Dara.

"It's okay. Good thing I didn't tell you guys either. How is she?"

"Hey, we asked you first. How are you? Like how are you now after..."

There was silence. I know what the girls exactly they're asking about.

"I'm fine. It's good that I got some rest.", I told them. But to be honest, I don't know if I am really fine or not.

"Unnie, you're both staying at the same apartment. Is that okay for you? Or you can go home at your mom's place first and stay there if you want."

"No, it's okay. I miss the apartment and my bedroom anyway!"

"Oh", Dara replied. "Your room is always clean. Maknae cleans it everyday and opens your window to let sunlight in. We went there one time and found her sweeping your bedroom floor."

"Oh, that's good. At least I could just lie down once I get there tonight!"

I don't know, but somehow I felt happy when I learned that she visits my room everyday to clean it. I suddenly remembered how she gets grumpy when she sees a single trash in the apartment. Maybe she missed having someone like me, who constantly makes the place messy. That thought made me smile. I continued with my meal not knowing that Dara and CL were staring at me.

"Unnie", CL said. "Did you miss Minji?"

"Of course yes, just like I miss you two!"

"No, did you miss her... like miss.. you know..."

"Do you still have feelings for her?", Dara asked, interrupting the other one.

I looked down at my meal, looking for an honest answer. Did I miss our maknae? Yes, I ing miss her so much I want to cry right now

I let out a sigh and looked back at them. "Yes.", I answered.

"So what are you going to do now? I mean what are your plans-"

"I don't have any plans. I have no plans of getting her and me together. She's happy with she has right now and I don't want to be someone that will just mess up her life. I think it's better off that way." 

CL replied. "We understand. We just wanted to know if there's something we can do. But if that's what you want, you have our backs... But you know what, unnie? I think you and maknae looked cute together".

 

Minzy: I hadn't told Taemin the reason why I'm really with him today. I actually feel guilty with what I'm doing right now. I think I should tell him the truth. But telling him the truth might hurt him. I have a promise to keep, and he's waiting for it.  

"Taeminah, thank you for being with me today."

He smiled at me. "No worries.  Hey, we still have one more activity today. Let's go watch movies, I need to watch a Hollywood before we go out of the country. My treat!" 

"Taeminah, I have something to tell..."

"Yah, you can tell that to me later. Let's go watch the movie!"

We hurried to a nearby theater and got tickets. Good thing I had my cap and sunglasses, and he's wearing a hoodie as well. We had some disguise to walk around the movie house. We managed to get a good seat, and when the movie started, he suddenly held my hand tight.

"Yah, Taemin-"

"Shhh, the movie's starting.", he smiled, staring at the screen.

I didn't protest or tried to remove my hand. The truth is it was cold inside the theater, and his hand gave me warmth. He held my hand the whole time, caressing my fingers in between his. I kept staring at him once in a while and see that he's enjoying the moment. He will be far away on my birthday. I understand why he's acting this way towards me. Still I feel guilty with what I'm doing. 

We walked back to the park after the movie. He was quiet, looking far away and thinking. 

"I hope you enjoyed the film. Thank you for the date.", he said.

"Date? No, I should be the one thanking-"

He suddenly pulled and hugged me, hugged me tight that I almost can't breathe. I saw people at the park look at us.

"You know, if you didn't call me today, I wouldn't not be here to spend the day sitting in the park with you, eating ice cream with you, riding bicycle with you, watching movie with you, and I wouldn't be here hugging you right now. Thank you for today, Minji-ssi." 

"Taeminah..."

"I really want to ask you a favor- to stay with me forever. But I don't want to rush you or give you no other choice. If ever, in case you set your eyes on someone, please let me know. I'm still your friend, remember that." 

He held my chin up and kissed me. It was sweet, full of emotions. Thoughts came rushing on my mind as I slowly put my arms around his neck.

Taeminah, why are you doing this...

We walked together to my apartment, holding hands. Again, he kissed me and this time it was a good night kiss.

"I'll see you soon. Goodnight."

 

Lee Taemin: I don't know, but it came to me suddenly that Minji got some serious problem. Love problem. Could it be that she's in love with someone? I want to ask her, but I'm scared to hear of what she's going to tell.

 

Minzy: I looked at my phone- 6:30PM. I went inside the apartment building and ran to the elevator. Unfortunately someone came in first and it closed on me, so I had to take the stairs. I quickly ran up to my apartment, thinking of it as a workout since I wasn't able to do my daily jogging with Ssabunim earlier today. In just 2 minutes I was able to get to the floor where my place is. I continued running towards my door. I was about to pass by the elevator when it opened. The passenger came out. I accidentally bumped on her.

 

"Oh, sorry... Sorry", I said as I picked her purse on the floor.

"Minji-yah."

I looked up and froze. "Bo... Bom unnie..."