Confession

The Proposal

Minzy: It's cold. Freezing cold. I woke up to the warmth of the sunlight on my face. What happened, I thought. Looking up at the ceiling, I realized that I was not in my room. Nor was wearing anything but the blanket that covered my body.

I was in Bom unnie's room. And beside me is her, sound asleep, her left arm around my waist. I tried to move her arm away. "Minji-yah"she mumbled. It's not the first time I slept on her bed, but last night was different.

 


Oh God, we had ...


"Minji-yah..."

Carefully, I placed her hand beside me and slowly got up and went to the bathroom. I stood in the mirror staring at my body, as the memories of last night. She was my first. Bom unnie was my first...

It felt good. I don't remember being scared or hesitant, it was just pure ecstasy. Closing my eyes I put my fingers onto my lips, remembering how soft and sweet unnie's lips were. But reality came back to me. Unnie never loved me. Well- she loved me, but not how I wanted to be loved.

I took a bath and put on my practice shirts and training pants. I made breakfast for us two, when I checked her into our room, she was still asleep. I eat and went straight to our company gym.

When I arrived, I saw Chaerin unnie practicing.

"Unnie you're early today", I said.

She stopped the music and grabbed water to drink. "Dara went out for quick grocery, and I don't want to go with her to I went here to practice. How are you?"

I just smiled at her.

"Looks like you had a good night. Omo- did Bom unnie came home?"

"Yes."

"Oh, okay."

I joined her to practice the routine practice. It was not long when Dara unnie arrived and joined us as well. We continued to practice the foot routines, but my mind was filled with what happened between me and unnie. I kept forgetting the steps even if we were already dancing it for how many times.

"Yah, Mingkki what's wrong? We've been repeating this part for hours now. Are you focusing?", Chaerin unnie said. So, she also noticed.

From my left side I saw Dara unnie signalling the other to stop and take a rest. I grabbed my bag and went to sit at the corner. Chaerin went out of the room. Seconds later, Dara unnie came to me with a big smile.

"Mingkki-yah! How are you? Are you feeling bad today?", she asked.

"I'm okay", I smirked.

"Yah maknae, I think you're not okay. Is there something bothering you? It's unusual for you to forget those steps, usually you are the fast learner and even teaching me."

A couple of minutes more, Chaerin unnie returned holding cup cakes and water she got from the cafeteria. She joined us in the corner.

"CL-roo, our maknae's got a problem, something's bothering her.", Dara said.

"Ooh, is this going to be our break time topic then?", Chaerin added, seemingly excited.


I let out a deep sigh, and saw the girls stare at each other. I don't even know how to tell this to them. I am not the type of person that shares problems with others, I tend to keep it myself as I believe I am the only one who can solve whatever issues I have. But Chaerin and Dara unnie are family too. We may not be living in the same house, but they've been with me for years now. We work in the same group, we went through the same rigid training, we laughed and cried together. And my unnies are worried about me. They also care for me.

"Chaerin unnie, Dara unnie... you all know that I be on legal age in a few days, right?", I started to open up.

"Of course!", Dara exclaimed. "We've been preparing a surprise for you, I can't wait for that day!"

"Unnie, you know the articles about me and Taeminah being a couple... they're not true. But... I made a promise to Taemin that once I get legal, I would consider him as my first, you know..."

I saw Chaerin unnie's eyes became wide while munching the cupcake.

"First boyfriend?", Dara unnie asked.

"Yes."

"Aish, Minji-yah it's too early for love!", she said. "Being of legal age doesn't mean that you have to be with a guy or have a boyfriend! Look at me! Look at CL-roo! She's just crushing with Teddy oppa, but does not have a boyfriend!"

Chaerin unnie stopped eating. "Yah, why I am included in your examples!", she shouted.


"Aigoo Ciel, our maknae is just turning 20 and she's already going to have a boyfriend! Don't you think it's too early? And me? I'm almost 30 and still don't have one!"

We laughed together. Dara unnie's real funny, always ranting about her wanting to have a boyfriend.

"Aigoo, aigoo unnie that's not what I meant!", I told her. "It's just that... I feel that want to break that promise now to him, but I'm sure he will be hurt... aish I shouldn't have said yes to him!"

"You made promised him something without thinking if you really want it or not.", Chaerin unnie said.

Silence filled the room, me looking down and my two unnies looking at me.

"Mingkki-yah, what's on your mind?", she continued asking.

"What?"

"If you don't want to keep your promise anymore, then why?"

Letting out another sigh, I decided to confess to my unnies.

"I like someone else. Actually, I love someone else."

They both looked at each other with excitement. "Oooh, so Mingkki-yah is in love!", Dara exclaimed. Both crawled up closer to me, more  interested to hear what I have to say.

"Unnies, if I tell you this would you be mad at me? I know you might say it's wrong, but I have been having this feeling for a long time now. And it's hard for me to keep it because when I am lonely or depressed you always ask me why and I only result to telling lies. I don't want 
to lie anymore to you unnies."

Again, silence filled the practice room.

"I like girls... and I think I'm in love with Bom unnie." After bursting out those words, I quickly covered my eyes, too embarassed to see my unnies' reactions.

"Omo... Ohmygahd", it was CL unnie. From the silence and the tone of her voice, they were both surprised. Or shocked. I slowly turned removed my hands and looked at them, and almost laughed when I saw their faces- CL unnie with her jaw dropped still holding the cupcake, and Dara unnie with her eyes wide open.

"I know it's bad, I know it's bad. I shouldn't have let my feelings for her grow. Gah! This is wrong!" They were both silent for a couple of  minutes. I didn't know what to say next, I feel bad at myself I want to cry.

"Come here, Mingkki-yah", Dara unnie said. I moved forward to her. To my surprise, she then hugged me tight. CL unnie, who must have recovered from shock, also joined us.

"Our maknae is indeed grown up now."

===

Hello again! This is a quick update on the chapter, since I've been thinking about it for days now. Hope you liked it!