Kiss

The Proposal

 

 
Minzy: I arrived at the apartment only to find out Bom cooking chicken soup and munching corn. I don't know what to say to her. It was very silent. Usually she greets me with "Yah, how was your day", or "Where have you been", but tonight is not the same. I decided to make the first move. 
 
"Unnie, you saw us at the cafe earlier?"
 
She didn't respond and continued eating the corn up to the last ear. Then she smiled. "Yah, save your story later. Let's have dinner first."
 
I felt relieved and sad at the same time. Why would I feel sad? I should be happy because she's not angry or something, I asked myself. I keep thinking, maybe I expected unnie to be angry at me... or be jealous at Taemin. This is the reason why I'm sad. I want unnie to be jealous, but it seems that she's more excited to hear what happened with our meet up. She wants details. She's the cupid. Aish.
 
After dinner and a quick shower, I headed to the balcony to check on with unnie. Oh God, she was smoking again.
 
"Unnie, please stop smoking, it's bad. Your nodes might get swollen again!" Geez, Park Bom sure is stubborn!
 
"Minji-ah, it's good to smoke sometimes. Besides, do you see me smoke often? You know I only smoke when I am in good mood.". She handed me the pack. "Here you can have one. Just one okay?"
 
"Okay", I said and pulled up a stick. I had experience smoking before. My sister and I used to get cigarettes from my dad's  and secretly smoke it while my parents were asleep. I lit up the cigarette and started puffing.
 
"So what's the status?", Bom unnie began.
 
"Nothing, unnie. It's just pure catching up."
 
"Aish, don't be so secretive. Come on tell me!"
 
"Unnie I told you, it was just pure catching up. Well, he said sorry about what happened in the past and said he will make it up to me."
 
"Did he told you how will he make it up?", she quoted "make it up" with her hands.
 
"No..."
 
"Oh, then did he tell you anything, like he misses you?"
 
"Yes."
 
"And did he also tell you that he loves you or wants to be with you again?"
 
"Aigoo unnie, why do you keep asking those?! I told you I don't feel anything for him anymore!"
 
"Yah Minji, why  are you shouting at me?"
 
"Because I don't like it when you're pairing me to him! I feel like you are pushing me away!"
 
She didn't reply. She looked away for a while then gazed her eyes on me. "Sorry if you feel that way, Minji-ah. I didn't know you are annoyed by it. I just thought you guys are meant for each other."
 
"He was my friend. I liked him once but that's it, nothing special other than that. And I like someone else."
 
Unnie was surprised with what she heard. Her smile grew wider and seems like she's becoming more interested with it.
 
"Really? I didn't know that! Is he from another group?", Bom asked so eagerly.
 
That's it. I cannot contain my feelings any longer. My blood rushed in my head so quickly. The only thing in my head right now is make a move to tell unnie how I love her a lot. 
 
I had a last puff of my cigarette before I dropped it. I move toward her and pushed her slightly at the balcony railing. I  held her face, her skin so soft and white. She was surprised but she just stared at me.
 
"No, unnie. I like someone. In fact, I love someone that is from the same group where I belong. Her name is Park Bom." . Then I kissed her.
 
My first kiss. Her lips... it was the sweetest thing I had ever tasted in my whole life. I felt sensations that I have never felt before. It's windy, but why do I feel so hot? Unnie never moved her lips, she never moved a single finger. I am not expecting. It made my heart sank, as I know that she really didn't feel anything for me other than she loves me as her sister. A few seconds after I pulled away. I looked into her eyes only to find out she was staring back at me, puzzled. 
 
"I'm sorry", that's all that I said. Then I headed back to my room and locked the door.