Story

The Proposal

Park Bom: Of all 2NE1 members, Minzy and I are the best buds. We may have a 10-year , but we really get along so well. It's not that I am not close with Dara and CL, I love both of them, but in a group, there is this one person that you are particularly fond of, and in my case, that is Minzy. She has been my housemate ever since we moved to a new apartment. Maybe because I don't have a younger sibling, that's why I love looking after her. I consider her my baby sister, and in return she also looks up to me as her big sister. We have been together since our training days, though we have different stories. While I failed the audition many times, Minzy was scouted by YG himself after the video posted in YGE site. Minzy is a talented young lady- she can sing and dance at the same time, fierce onstage but shy and childish off camera. At first since she was the youngest I always bully her, making fun of her, imitating her dancing, even exposing her secrets on camera, but as time passes our relationship evolved into a sisterly-like one.

For the past couple of years we've been living in one house and pretty much we already got used to each others routines- unusual routines. And we also shared some secrets that only the two of us know- family, likes, and love. It is no secret to Minzy that I am into women, though she told me it doesn't look like I am. When I was in the US I had a relationship with one of my roommate- a college girl. We lasted about 5, 6 months then after that I had 2 other girl relationships. I know that our maknae is a minor and is too young to know these things, but I personally believe it's time for her to get to know more about how life and love works. In just a year she will be an official adult and I know that it will be a time to discover herself, what she really likes. I am not saying that she will also be into girls, but who knows?

 

Minzy: I am the youngest in our group, and yet I feel like I am the most matured one. Whenever I see my unnies goofing around, I can't help but laugh at them thinking, Are they really older than me? I love them a lot, but my favorite is Bom. From our trainee days she took care of me, especially when we learned that we will be living in one house. I was away with my mom, dad, and my sister but Bom unnie made me feel like they are always with me. Yes, she sometimes bullies me- kicking me, putting socks on my face, and telling my secrets but above all that, she's still sweet and treats me as her little sister. She once told me, "When I was in the US, I was away with my family and my Aunt took care of me and told me not to stop reaching for my dreams. Now you are away with your family, we are here to take care of you. I am here to take care of you." 

It is no secret to me that Bom is gay. When we have time, she tells me stories of all her adventures in America- that includes her relationships. I kind of understand her somehow and I am open to it. As they say love is not based on gender, but on feelings. One night she asked me something I didn't expect. "Minji, I know at your age you had some crushes back in Gwangju. I think it's your turn to tell some stories, I don't have anything to tell now."

"I really don't have much to tell. I already told you who my crush is.", I answered back.

"You mean the Shinee boy?"

"Yes."


Lee Taemin. He was my childhood friend back in Gwangju. We were neighbors, we went to school together, go home together. I really admired him for being so nice and very kind I think what I felt for him is what they call puppy love. Our classmates used to tease us as married couples. His family moved to Seoul. As best of friends, he promised he will write me letters everyday, call me, and all that. But that was before, everything's changed now since he became a member of a popular K-Pop group. I received no calls, no letters from him after he moved. Maybe he had forgotten me after all.

"That was so long ago, maybe you are not on his list anymore, hahaha.", Bom said. "But who knows, your paths might cross again, maybe dancing on the same stage?"

"We will see." That was the only thing I said. I don't expect much from that "promise" anymore. If it's our fate to meet again, then let it be. Besides, I don't feel anything for him, I have already moved on. As of now, I have this feeling for someone I know and I adore a lot. Ah, if only I can confess to her right now.