S4C7: Danny's POV

Before The Sunset

It was New Year's Eve and Danny's parents were having a small get together at their house like the do every year. By small get together, it meant really small as in they just invited Bang's family over. They all came, including Yongnam and Lita, who just came back from their honeymoon. The only one missing was Bang, who decided to go to Himchan's party instead. That party was on everyone's mind in the entire school, if Danny was into going out, he'd probably be just excited. The good thing was that Danny convinced his parents to let him invite Brooke and Daehyun. They were always fond of Brooke and fell in love with Daehyun as soon as Danny revealed their relationship. Danny remembers waking up one day to see his mom leaving with Daehyun to go shopping. It wasn't his thing, but Danny was highly offended he wasn't offered to go with them.

"Your father's dip is amazing!" Brooke said, digging another tortilla chip into his dad's dip until it was practically drenched in it.

"Yeah, he adds lime and cheese in it," Danny told her. Daehyun was right next to him, holding his hand as they all stood on the porch and watched the fireworks light up the sky. Danny looked at the other boy, who hasn't really talked the entire night. He only mumbled one worded answers to people when they asked him a question. Danny squeezed his hand and when he caught the other's gaze he smiled. "Is everything ok? You don't seem like yourself."

"I'm fine," Daehyun said. When Danny didn't look convinced he leaned down and kissed the boy softly on the lips. "Nothing I can't fix." Danny noticed that the familiar sparkle in his eyes returned so he nodded and turned his attention to Brooke, who was whistling at the boys kissing.

"Shut up!" he told her.

"Excuse me?" She said, acting offended. "Who was it that arranged you two to get the together? Oh right. Me!" She patted herself on the back and Daehyun chuckled.

"I would've figured out another way to spend time with him," He said, wrapping his arms around Danny. "As soon as I saw him I knew I needed him in my life." Danny smiled and turned his head to kiss him again.

"Aw, now I need to find myself someone so I can be all lovey dovey too!" Brooke said, taking a drink out of her cherry coke. Danny noticed a glint of sadness in her eyes as she put the can down and stared at the night sky. Lita walked outside from the living room.

"Hey guys, Danny's dad wants you all inside. Only five minutes before the new year!" She smiled at us and left. Daehyun tugged my hand and lead us through the living room and into the kitchen where my mom was pouring everyone a glass of champagne.

"Are we allowed to have one Mrs. Wilson?" Brooke asked. My mom laughed.

"As long as you don't tell your parents," she said.

"Eh, my mom's probably passed out in some alley anyway" Brooke said, taking the glass. Danny grabbed two and handed one to Daehyun. We all headed to the living room where his father and Bang's parents were watching the tv screen. Yongnam walked over to Danny.

"Hey sorry Bang couldn't make it," he said.

"It's fine," Danny assured him.

"No it's not," Bang's mother complained. "You two used to be so close!" Danny smiled awkwardly and shrugged his shoulders.

"High school changes you. He grew closer to people on the track team and I got closer to these two," He said, smiling at Brooke and Daehyun. Daehyun wrapped his arm around Danny's waist and pulled him closer before pecking him on the cheek.

"The crystal ball is falling!" Danny's dad announced. Everyone started the countdown.

"Three, two, one- HAPPY NEW YEAR!" They all cheered. Before Danny could join them, Daehyun had turned him around and planted his lips on him, giving Danny his first kiss of the year. Yongnam kissed Lita, while Danny's parents kissed each other and the same with Bang's. Brooke stood around awkwardly until she downed her glass in one gulp and walked away. Danny pulled away from Daehyun, who gazed at him lovingly.

"I love you, Danny Wilson," Danny stared back in shock. It was the first time he said I love you. Danny smiled.

"I love you, too."