The omma

The bad boy, the omma, and her 12 babies

 

 
Author’s POV 
 
 
Dara’s last class ended at 7 pm. She hurriedly fixed her things as she glanced at their classroom’s wall clock.
 
“! It’s already this late!”Dara exclaimed. I can’t be late for work! It’s Friday today and I need to report at 8 pm but I still need to go home to prepare. She nervously thought.
 
Bom noticed Dara’s actions. She stared worriedly at Dara. 
 
Dara noticed Bom staring at her. 
 
“I’m sorry Bom-ah! I can’t go home with you today. Today is Friday and the bar will be surely fully packed today that’s why I need to be early. Yoona and Taeyeon might have a hard time serving a lot of customers. I’ll see you on Monday neh?” She told Bom as she grabbed her bag.
 
“Arasso. Promise me that you will eat dinner first! Chanyeollie sent me a text message and told me that you skipped breakfast today. Make sure you eat before going to Blackstar okay? I’ll know if you didn’t eat!” Bom reminded her friend worriedly. I need to text Chanyeol and the other boys to force her to eat, she thought.
 
“I promise Bommie-ah! Mianhe! I really need to go now. Take care arasso? Text me when you get home” Dara replied and hurriedly left even before Bom could react. 
 
You are the one who needs to take care of herself more, Bom thought.
 
 
 
Bom’s POV
 
 
This girl, really
 
I looked at my best friend’s small frame while I stare at her retreating back as she left. I noticed her thin arms and legs. 
 
I think that she gets skinnier every day that I see her. 
 
That’s not good. I shook my head in disapproval.
 
She has a lot of burden on her shoulders. 
 
But she doesn't want others to worry, especially the boys.
 
When she's with them, she always smile and acts like she's not getting tired from her studies and work.
 
She is really different towards the boys and her friends.
 
 
Totally different.
 
 
She is known as the Ice Geek in school. 
 
In school, she acts like a robot that has calculated movements and limited conversational abilities. The only time people hears her talking a lot is during class reports and recitations. Her intelligence is no joke. Even our senior professors get amazed by her. But she doesn’t let that get into her head. She remains silent and cold that’s why she is always isolated from others. Although we have other friends, Yoona and Taeyeon, they are from a different school that’s why in our school; she only hangs out with me. Unlike her, I have other friends in school and I tried persuading her to be friends with others as well. Not that I’m getting tired of her but because I wanted her to experience having many friends.
 
That would never happen, I guess.
 
Her trust issues got worse when we entered this university. I know that she was just shy around other people but they had thought of her as a cold and distant person. That’s how she got the title Ice Geek. She didn’t do anything about it and just lived by it.
 
But what puzzled me was when I returned from my 2 weeks trip to US. It was supposed to be for one week only but my grandparents requested us to stay one more week. I felt sad since I know Dara would be lonely. However, the day I returned, I noticed that there was something different. She acts the same towards me but her stares are sharper and colder. 
Her coldness rose at the highest peak.
 
 
I never dared asked why. She would tell me when she’s ready, that’s what I thought. Her change includes her look of hatred towards Lee Donghae, the son of one of the board chairman of this school. I can feel her anger towards him. Others bully Dara just like what Donghae does. But her anger for him was very much in another level. I know.
 
 
I wanted to ask her but I couldn’t. Donghae may just be a little addition to her bigger problems that’s why I decided not to. But I would know soon enough. I need to know and I must know.
 
 
Her trust issues are just the smallest point of my worry for her. 
 
Dara who is obviously really small with a weak looking body is actually working hard to feed her 12 babies who are actually young boys near our age. She named them as a whole and called them Exo which she got from the name of a planet. Her reason for doing so was unclear. 
 
 
She’s not actually the mother of these boys. Who would believe that? Heck.
 
 
They all came from one home which was owned by the very generous and loving Grandma Tae Hee. She took care of orphaned children and provided for their needs. Unfortunately, she got sick and died. Dara was 18 years old then. I saw how Dara tried to act strong in front of the 12 younger boys. She’s the oldest that’s why she needed to be strong. 
 
 
However, at the day of the funeral, she broke down and cried hard, all her sadness pouring out. I tried comforting her but I am too shocked to see her that why. Our other friends, Yoona and Taeyeon were shocked at her outburst as well.
I saw how Kris and Chanyeol comforted her. She began to calm down after an hour.
 
 
When the funeral was done, Dara asked me if I could stay with her for a while at Grandma’s graveyard. The Exo boys and our 2 friends reluctantly left us however, Chanyeol secretly told me to cheer Dara up. 
 
We stayed and she shared me her plan.
 
 
She planned to take care of the boys just as how Grandma took care of them.
 
 
I was shocked. How would she do that?! I thought.
 
 
“I’ll try my hardest, Bommie-ah. Those boys are still too young. Sehun and Tao are both 12 years old only and the others are mostly 14-15 years old. The next oldest, Kris is just 17 years old which is still considered underage”. She stated
 
 
“And since I’m the only one who’s at the legal age, I’ll try searching for a part time job with a decent salary. We had actually discovered that Grandma had left us a huge amount of money. When I calculated it, it would be enough for the educational expenses of the boys. It was really a big amount but it won’t be enough to cover our living expenses and other necessities”. She continued.
 
 
“But you know that it would not be easy right? It’s like being an omma to 12 children!” I exclaimed as I started tearing up. I can just imagine the hardships that she would have to face. It won’t be easy. It will never be. 
 
“I know Bommie-ah. But I have to do it I’ll never know unless I tried right? Besides, I treat those boys like my real blood brothers already. I can’t afford this family from crumbling. I can see how Chanyeol had become happy when we arrive at Grandma Tae Hee’s home. I’ll protect him, and the rest of the boys as well.” She sadly stated as she started tearing up once again.
 
 
She then stood up in front of Grandma’s niche. I heard her promising Grandma Tae Hee that she would love and protect the boys. 
I couldn’t hold it in any longer.
 
 
I stood up and hugged her. 
 
 
 
There in front of Grandma, I promised that I will become Dara’s bestfriend and sister forever.
 
 
She really did what she had promised.
 
 
And I will do my part as well.  I thought as I sent a text message to Chanyeol.
 
 
 
-----------------
 
 
Chanyeol's POV
 
 
I'm waiting for Dara-noona to come home. it's just about time that she arrive anyway.
 
 
"Baekhyun! Help me later okay? We must make sure that noona would eat dinner before she leaves again for work." I exclaimed at Baekhyun who was busy watching tv with the others.
 
 
"Arasso!" He shouted back. "We'll also help Chan-chan!" The other people in the living room shouted.
 
 
"Thank you! And please don't call me Chan-chan, only Dara-noona is allowed to call me that."
 
 
Chan-chan is noona's special pet name for me. I feel happy when she calls me that that's why I don't want others calling me that name.
 
 
I was about to join the others in the living room when I heard a loud thud.
 
 
"I'm home!" Dara shouted.
 
 
I hurriedly ran towards the door and gave my noona a hug.
 
 
"I missed you noona!" I told her while pouting.
 
 
"Aigoo! My Chan-chan is acting like a giant baby!" She said as she pinched my cheeks. "I missed you too! But you have to release me now. I still need to prepare for work. Okay?"
 
 
"Alright. But you need to promise me that you would eat dinner first."
 
 
"But Chan-chan, I need to be early today. You know that today is Friday and that--"
 
 
"No, noona. That won't do." Baekhyun interrupted her as he went out the living room and the others one by one.
 
 
"That's right Dara-noona. It's either you eat dinner or don't go to work." Suho-hyung added with a charming smile on his face.
 
 
"Okay. You're not giving me any choice anyway."
 
 
"Very good!" I exclaimed as I released her and pat her head.
 
 
"Geez! You guys treat me like a baby!" We heard her mumble as she went upstairs.
 
 
"Time to prepare the table!" Suho-hyung exclaimed as he walked to the kitchen and signalled us to follow him.
 
 
 
---------------
 
 
Author's POV
 
 
Sandara hurriedly prepared. She wore a casual attire since they have their own unifom at their workplace and went down. It was 7:40 already.
 
 
I can still make it on time. But I won't be able to eat again. I'll just eat whatever food I can get at the bar later. Dara thought. But those boys will surely not agree. 
 
 
She was thinking of how to escape them and when she peeked at the kitchen, she saw that everyone was busy preparing.
 
 
Now is my chance! I'll use my ninja skills to escape!
 
 
She made small, silent steps and made her way pass the kitchen. She was about to grab the door when she felt someone hugged her from the back.
 
 
"Hyung! Hyung! I caught noona! She is trying to escape again!" Sehun shouted.
 
 
"Let me go Sehun! I'm your noona! You should listen to me!"
 
 
"No! Your health is important to me noona!"
 
 
"Sehun please I--"
 
 
She was interrupted when the boys arrived at the scene.
 
 
"See! I told you! She'll try to escape again!" Xiumin exclaimed while nodding his head in disapproval.
 
 
"How could you noona! You promised me!" Chanyeol sadly exclaimed while he fumbled on his phone. I'm telling this to Bom-noona!
 
 
"I thought we were clear on this noona. You'll have to eat before you leave." Suho calmly explained.
 
 
"Be a good girl noona." Tao added.
 
 
"Yah! I'm older than all of you here! You don't get to tell me what I should do! If you don't let me go right now and I become late for work, I'll cut all your allowance into half and I'll sell our television!" She warned us seriously.
 
 
Sehun had let her go and she took this chance to leave. But a voice made her stop.
 
 
"You are not going anywhere Sandara"
 
 
She looked back to see the owner of the familiar cold voice is
 
 
Kris,  she silently mumbled as she stared at him.
 
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 3 is up!
Please comment about this chapter and give your suggestions for the next!
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!
Thank you very much!^^