7

Stay With Me

 

“Tomorrow night?” Saemi asked.

They were making their way out from the restaurant.

Minho nodded, he was walking in front of his sister.

“Nobody knows I’m back. Not even appa.” She said.

“Exactly, thats why I want you to come with me.”

Saemi was about to reply, but then the heel of her shoe caught on one of the dents on the floor.

She felt a hand reach for her elbow and steadied her.  She suddenly gasped and pulled away at the touch.

 

Ilwoo looked at her and put his hand down.

“I’m sorry, I didnt mean to-”

“It’s okay oppa, thanks.” Saemi said hurriedly as she gave him a polite bow and proceeded to walk again.

Ilwoo watched as she walked to her older brother.

He found it odd, she turned pale when he touched her.

“What was that?” Joongki asked.

Ilwoo shook her head.

 

“It’s a company party, our company’s party, you must come.” Minho said as Saemi walked to the car. Her older brother was leaning on his Audi.

“Fine. I’ll look for something to wear before coming home.” Saemi made a face at him, Minho chuckled.

“Drive safely.” Minho said before she went in the car.

 

Saemi sat down inside the car and watched as the three cars parked beside her left. She placed both of her hands on the steering wheel and gripped them. She felt cold sweat run on her forehead.

When Ilwoo had pulled her to steady her, unwanted memories start to rush back to her.

The night at the club.

She trembled lightly.

She knew she was safe now.

Saemi sat up and leaned back on the chair.

“I’m okay, I’m okay.” She murmured.

 

 

Saemi walked inside the famous Lotte Mall. She eyed the stores as she passed by. She had no plans of going out yet but the party for Leesan tomorrow had pressured her.

Then she made her way to the elevator.

The doors opened.

“I’m sorry, but could you take the next elevator?” A female dressed in a pantsuit said to her.

Saemi looked up as she clutched on her Hermes purse. Her gaze met with her brother’s friend.

“It’s fine,” He said to his secretary.

“Come in.” Joongki said to her. Saemi nodded and went in.

“I see Minho forced you into going to that party.” Joongki started.

“He did.”

“And you’re here to look for something to wear?”

“You could say that.” Saemi nodded.

“Bring her to the seventh floor.” He said to his secretary.

“But, there’s one thing.” Saemi turned to him, Joongki was taken aback at how she could look at him straight in the eyes.

“What is it?”

“I might need a translator. My Korean has...gone down.”

Joongki nodded.

“I’ll request a personal shopper for you, just wait.”

 

“Sir, who is she?” Mister Seo, Joongki’s secretary asked as they reached the top floor. Saemi had stepped out from the elevator earlier.

“She’s a sister of Minho’s. She’s been out of the country for a while.”

His secretary nodded.

“Before you get any ideas in your head, I just wanted to help her. Since Minho’s like family already.”

“Yes, I understand.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++