4

Stay With Me

 

 

Saemi turned as her phone vibrated on her bed. She was fixing her luggage in her room. She lifted her MCM backpack slung it around her shoulders.

“Are you ready?” The door opened slightly, she looked up.

“Yeah.” She nodded, the man smiled and picked up her bags.

“Dont worry too much.” The man smiled at her before leaving.

 

Minho frowned and tossed his phone. His secretary jumped lightly.

“President, director Park has requested your presence for tomorrow’s Jamsil opening.”

He looked up.

“I can’t reach Saemi. Will you call her school for me?” He asked, completely ignoring his schedule.

“Yes, I will get to it soon.”

 

Saemi looked at the airport and glanced at her luggages.

“Will you be okay?”

“I will.” She mustered a smile. The man sighed and placed his left palm at the back of her neck.

“I meant flying alone, it’s more than ten hours, will you be fine alone?”

“For all this time, thanks for taking care of me.”

He shook his head and pulled her to his chest.

“Take care.”

“Dont forget to visit me when you have time.” Saemi chuckled as she kissed his cheek and grabbed the handles of her luggages.

The man nodded and gave her a small wave.

 

Minho loosened his tie as he walked in his two floor condo unit. He dropped his coat on the couch and walked to the kitchen. His cleaning lady had prepared a full meal for him, he sat down and eyed the dishes. It was already around 9 pm.

He was about to start eating when he heard his doorbell ring.

He stood up and walked to the door.

“Oppa annyeong.”

“Saemi!” He smiled and pulled his sister in, Saemi chuckled as she hugged her brother back.

“You’re a week late, you told me you’d here in two weeks.”

“Mianhae oppa, I..had some things to finish.” She grinned. Minho rolled his eyes at her and helped her with the bags.

“I wanted to check in at the hotel, but it was full. I wont be disturbing you here, right?”

“What are you saying? Stay here, besides, abeoji and his wife are at Hong Kong now, you’ll find our Gangnam house empty.”

Saemi shuddered at mention of their stepmother.

“Have you eaten?”

“Not yet, I cant digest airport food.” She winced, Minho chukled and ruffled her hair.

“I’ll order some take out, go to your room and wash up.”

 

Saemi changed into a pair of shorts and a loose top, she stepped out of her room which was on the second floor, then she noticed the glass doors across her.

“Oppa, how do you maintain this?” She called out as she saw the pool beyond the doors.

She smiled as she saw the night view of the city.

“Ya, it’s time to eat! Get down here Lee Saemi!”

Saemi chuckled, it has been a while since she felt herself again.

What happened to her a week ago destroyed something inside her, she was willing to fix it back once she adjusts to her life in her motherland.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++