9

Stay With Me

 

 

Joongki is known for his being good in multi-tasking.

Even though he was talking to some businessmen, his eyes would fret about the Lee siblings. He was observing the younger daugther.

Saemi never greeted someone physically. She would kiss a lady’s cheek, but she would never shake a man’s hand.

And earlier, when he offered his arm to her, Saemi refused him with a smile.

It made him curious. He felt like Saemi was a mystery.

And he wanted to know.

 

Saemi stopped in front of the drink table and got herself some punch. She exhaled as she put the glass down. Then she assesed the party before her. Majority of the guests were males, she flinched.

“I want to go home.” She murmured as she picked up another glass.

She turned her back to place the glass back on the table.

“One gin tonic, and a margarita!” A voice said from behind her.

Saemi turned and found a group of men around her age making her way to where she was standing. She was about to step away, but they already crowded the area.

The waiter behind the bar stepped back to get their drinks.

Then one of the guys accidentally bumped on her shoulder.

“I’m sorry.” He said. Saemi nodded and looked away, she felt cold sweat run on her forehead.

She tried to step away.

“Are you new here? I havent seen you at any of Leesan’s party.” The other said to her as he sat next to where she was standing.

Saemi felt her stomach contract. She winced and placed her hand on her stomach.

“Agasshi? Are you okay?” One of them started to reach for her arm. Saemi pulled away.

“I’m....okay.”

“Are you in pain? Would you like us to-” He started to stand.

“She’s fine, just give her some space.” A voice said from behind them.

 

Saemi closed her eyes and clutched on to her stomach. The guys stepped away from her.

“Are you okay?”

Saemi looked up.

“Oh, I’m fine.” Saemi replied as she stood up straightly.

Joongki closed his mouth, not knowing what to say. He just noticed that she was having a hard time when he decided to help her.

Saemi brushed the hair out of her face.

“Oppa, if my brother looks for me, could you tell him I stepped out for some air?” She asked. Joongki nodded.

“I’ll tell him.”

 

Saemi nodded and started to walk for the doors.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++