31

Stay With Me

 

 

Minho’s head was hanging low as he sat down, tied to a chair. He was still wearing the clothes he wore the time he was kindapped. Blood had dried on his lips and forhead, and his forehead was matted with sweat. His hands were tied behind him.

The lady in front of him was flanked with two men as she watched him.

“Good to see you that you’re enjoying your stay. Your sister...seems to be really worried.” She chuckled.

She shook her head and stepped out.

 

Saemi had just left their Songpa branch from a meeting when her phone started ringing.

“Joongki oppa?” She asked as she placed it on speaker.

“I have someone I want you to meet, are you free?”

“I just got off a meeting, I can. Where are you?”

“At my office.”

“Arasso, oppa. See you there.”

Saemi stepped on the gas and drummed her fingers on the wheel.

 

“So, he was kidnapped and tranquilized?” Joongki asked.

His younger cousin nodded.

Then Saemi walked in.

“Your secretary just told me to go ahead.” She said.

The two men stood up.

“This is Shim Changmin, he works for our country’s intelligence team. Changmin-ah, this is Saemi. She’s Minho’s younger sister.”

“Nice to meet you.” Changmin offered his hand, Joongki’s eyes widened. Saemi didn’t like handshakes.

“Same here.” She smiled and took his hand. Joongki blinked, then he smiled.

“My cousin called me and told me about your brother’s case. I looked into it.”

“Did you find anything?” She asked.

“Yes, he was kidnapped on his way to the airport. So,” He took out a sheet of paper and started drawing lines.

“This intersection, this is where his car suddenly stopped. You can tell by the skid marks on the road. He was driving a new FJ cruiser, right?” Changmin asked. Saemi nodded.

“He visited the place earlier.” Joongki said.

“I also found two sets of skid marks. Two heavy sedans, it stopped right in front of your brother’s car.”

“So, these two cars were the kidnappers’?”

“Yes. And I also found something that was tossed on the side of the road.” He said as he took out a sealed clear plastic bag from his bag.

“This is vial of tranquilizer.”

“He...was....attacked with that?”

“It was the only way they could take your brother without any noise.”

Saemi frowned.

“Whoeever kidnapped him knew where he was going.” Changmin stated.

Saemi’s finger curled.

“Firstly, this can’t go to the press.” She murmured.

“Of course.” Joongki nodded.

“I’ll contact you if I find something again.”

Saemi nodded and shook his hand.

“Thank you so much. It feels a little better now knowing what really happened.”

Changmin smiled and excused himself, then he left.

Saemi sighed and leaned back on the chair.

“Who would kidnap him? Tranquilizer? Do they think he is some kind of zoo animal?”

Joongki took the seat across her.

“Be careful, don’t go out too much, arasso?”

“I can’t not go out, I have a lot of branches to visit. A lot of work needs to be done.”

Joongki frowned, then he felt Saemi’s hands on his.

“Thanks oppa for helping me. Your cousin is even better than the whole police force.” She grinned.

Joongki just nodded and smiled back at her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++