46

Stay With Me

 

Minho narrowed his eyes as he stepped in the empty house, it had two floors and wide rooms. There was a big space for the living room and the kitchen was set just a few steps from it.

“Alone?” Ilwoo blinked at Saemi, who was talking with Khun.

“Not really, oppa. I’m talking Furby with me.”

“I still don’t like this.” Minho shook her head at her, Inhee smiled and rubbed his arm.

“Don’t worry, Saemi’s going to be fine here. Joongki’s just across the street.” She nodded.

Saemi looked away and pretended to be curious about the windows. Joongki watched as Saemi called for Khun.

“Khun? I have something to ask.” She murmured as she held onto his arm.

“It’s about that book shelf we saw earlier, do you think it would match the living room’s colors?”

 

Joongki watched as the two conversed, Saemi was still holding onto Khun’s arm and it made hims fidgety. He didn’t like it.

Ilwoo and Minho elbowed each other while trying to control their laughter.

“How about we go somewhere for dinner, oppa?” Saemi turned to them.

“That sounds nice, I’ll have the car-”

“Oppa, I’ll ride with Khun.” She said then she grabbed her purse, Joongki’s brows furrowed and he walked towards the door and went out.

Saemi blinked at she saw Joongki’s car speed away from the gates.

“We’ll meet him there.” Ilwoo nodded before following his friend.

 

“He’s being bipolar again.” Saemi said as they walked towards Khun. Khun shook his head.

“Ya!”

Saemi jumped lightly and looked at him.

“What’s with you?”

“Why are you so….blind?”

“Did I step on your foot again?”

Khun groaned and saw the necklace around her neck.

“Did you buy that?”

“Ani, Joongki oppa he-”

“That, think about that. Why would he give you that?”

“It’s a present, he said-”

“Enough, Saem. Just get in the car.” Khun shook his head at her.

Saemi rolled her eyes at him.

 

“This is a good place.” Inhee nodded as they settled down, Ilwoo glanced at Joongki who was reading the menu.

“Saemi? What would you like to eat?” Ilwoo asked.

“Nothing to greasy oppa, salad will do.”

“That’s it?” Ilwoo blinked.

“Yes, but I was thinking-” She froze.

“And, about that necklace, it has a meaning. It’s all up to you to find out what it is.”

All those times Joongki had always come out just to help her, he ditched meetings and parties just to be with her when the police called and when she almost had gone crazy when Minho was kindapped.

“Saem?” Khun nudged her.

She shook her head and slowly stood up.

“I—have to use the restroom.”

 

 

Saemi was about to push the door open, but she heard someone speak behind her.

“You figured it out, huh?”

She spun around and found Joongki looking at her intently.

“Oppa-”

“I’m only going to say this once, so listen well.” He stepped towards her.

 

“I like you, Lee Saemi, so don’t look at other men.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++