34

Stay With Me

 

 

 

“How was work?” Khun asked as he sat down in front of his friend. Saemi picked up her fork and looked at the pasta.

“It was...okay.”

Khun smiled and began to eat.

“How was your date with Song Joongki?”

“It wasn’t a date, Khun. We just met there and he helped me look for a dress.”

“A dress for what?”

“Ah, right Ilwoo oppa asked me to be his partner for this ball.”

Khun looked up with his cheeks still full, then he blinked.

“What?” Saemi looked at him, then she grabbed a napkin and wiped his lip.

“Khun-”

“They’re competing over you?”

“Mwo?” Saemi blinked at him.

Khun sighed heavily and put the napkin down.

“I think you should move out, what if they kill me?”

“What?” Saemi blinked at him.

Khun sighed again and just continued eating.

Saemi shook her head in exasperation.

“Anyway, tomorrow I will be out of town.”

“Where?” Saemi asked.

“I have to drive to Busan, my father wants me to check the land he wants to purchase there.”

“Fine.” Saemi nodded and began to eat.

 

Saemi looked up as Changmin entered her office.

“I found something.” He said, Saemi welcomed him in and made him sit.

“I spoke with some witnesses, that today, your brother’s car was blocked.”

Saemi nodded slowly.

“Armed men with masks had stepped out and carried him to their vans.”

“Vans?”

“Yes, we found CCTV footages of that day and we got the vehicles’ numbers.” Changmin put out photos from his coat pocket.

“1109-20 and 1205-12, both them are Seoul plates.”

“So, the owner of those cars is a Seoul resident?” Saemi looked up, her eyes widening.

“Yes, as of now I am still contacting the police to find out the owner.” Changmin stood up.

Saemi nodded.

“Thanks for coming.”

Changmin smiled and shook her hand.

“My cousin’s worried about him too. Have a good day.”

 

Saemi stepped out of the building, it was already seven in the evening. She had to stay over till late office hours due to a project she had failed to review.

She clutched her coat closer to her as she walked crossed the street towards Caffe Bene.

She was about to pull the doors open when she felt a hand wrap around her wrist.

“Hey there,sweetie.” The man grinned at her in his drunken stupor.

Saemi’s stomach tensed and she turned to the man.

“Don’t touch me.” She pulled away, but the man just grinned and tightened his grip on her.

Saemi’s forehead started to dampen and her shouljders started to shudder.

“S—Stop it!”

 

Joongki parked in front of Leesan’s office, he glanced up at the building and looked around.

“I should get her something to drink.” He murmured to himself before turning away from his automobile and crossing the street.

“S—Stop it!”

Joongki looked up.

“Saemi!” He yelled as he ran to the man who was trying to grab her.

“What are you doing?!” He hissed as he kicked his stomach and pushed him away. The man smirked at him.

“I know her!....She-”

Joongki turned away from him and looked at Saemi. His eyes widened as he saw her state. She was sitting on the pavement, leaning on the brick wall, her lips were pale and she was sweating. She was shaking as tears fell on her eyes.

“Saemi-” Joongki kneeled next to her, but Saemi flinched away.

“Saemi, it’s me, you’re okay now.”

Saemi covered her ears.

“Saemi, please look at me.” Joongki grabbed her shoulders, Saemi flinched away from him.

“Get...me...Khun...now.”

Joongki looked around them then he gently made her stand.

“Don’t touch me!” Saemi tried to pull away from him, he ignored her as he pulled her towards his chest.

“..Relax. It’s me. You’re safe now, Saemi. It’s Joongki oppa.” He murmured, Saemi started to relax slowly and pressed her cheek on his chest.

 

“You’re safe with me, Saem.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++