35

Stay With Me

 

 

 

Ilwoo rushed in the emergency room and found his friend sitting on one of the plasti chairs.

“How is she?” Ilwoo asked.

“She’s fine. She needs to rest a little before they release her.” He replied.

“What exactly happened?”

“I found her and this one guy was trying to harass her, then..she fainted.”

Ilwoo’s fists curled at his sides and he looked away.

Joongki blinked in shock, he never saw such anger in his friend’s eyes.

“You can go, I’ll take her home.” Ilwoo turned to him.

“It’s okay, I was the one who brought her here, I’ll stay.”

“No, I’ll-”

“Where is she?” A voice joined them.

The men turned to him with annoyance in their eyes.

“She’s inside, resting.” Joongki replied tersely.

Khun frowned.

“Did it happen?” He asked.

“What do you mean?” Ilwoo replied.

“Her panic attack.” Khun stated, Joongki slowly nodded, the doctor had told him the same thing earlier.

“What happened?”

“One guy tried to touch her-”

Khun cursed in English and walked towards the room.

Ilwoo glared at his back and followed Khun inside.

 

Saemi was looking at the ceiling when Khun pulled the curtain and walked to her.

“I heard, are you okay?” Khun said as he brushed her bangs away from her face.

“Been better, I thought you were at Busan.” Her voice was slightly raspy.

Saemi slowly sat up, Khun sighed and walked to her, gently wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

“Who helped you?”

“Joongki oppa was there.” She replied, Khun smiled and rubbed her back.

Somehow he had the feeling he knew who the winner was.

“It’s good to know you trust him, Saem.”

Saemi just nodded.

 

Ilwoo stepped away from the curtain. He couldn’t hear what they were saying but he didn’t like the way Khun held Saemi. It bothered him.

He frowned and walked out of the ward, he was met by Joongki who was speaking on the phone.

He looked away and headed for the exit

 

 

After an hour, when Saemi had fallen back asleep, Khun stepped out and found Joongki outside.

“Did the doctor tell you something?” Khun asked.

“He told me she was having a panic attack....he said something must have happened to her before.” Joongki trailed off.

Khun nodded, he remembered talking to Minho on the day he arrived.

“Do you know why Saemi doesn’t like..making physical contact with other people?” Joongki asked him suddenly. Khun nodded.

“You noticed that?”

“I did.”

“Actually I’m quite surprised she let you help her. Saemi...she had a bad experience before she came home here.” Khun started.

“We were attending some after party a few days after graduation, then she was on her way to her car when a bunch of guys suddenly...attacked her.”

Joongki’s chest tightened.

“They wanted to do...unpleasant things to her, fortunately, I saw them. Those guy ran away before I could call the police, but thank goodness, nothing happened to her well...except for trauma. Ever since that day...Saemi changed. She never let men touch her, not even a handshake. Well, except for her brother.”

“And you, she trusts you.” Joongki stated.

“Well you could say that.” Khun smiled ruefully.

“She trusts you too.” Khun added, then he stood up.

“I’ll be heading out to get her some clothes, will you watch over her?”

Joongki nodded.

 

Joongki walked in the room where Saemi was transferred, he found her lying on the bed, fast asleep.

“I didn’t know you had such...past.”

He brushed the strands of her hair from her face, he smiled lightly and squeezed her hand.

“I’ll protect you, Saem.” He whispered before bending down to kiss her forehead.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++