19

Stay With Me

 

 

 

“I’ll eat this well.” Saemi grinned as her eyes glittered at the sight of the large plate of spicy rice cake in front of her.

Ilwoo chuckled as she started to eat.

“When we were still in high school, we used to eat here.”

“How long have you been friends with my oppa?”

“Since fresheman year, then we went to business school together.” Ilwoo explained.

“Ah, so you met him during high school, thats why I never saw you before.” Saemi nodded, then she winced.

“Too spicy?” Ilwoo grinned and pushed the glass of water towards her, Saemi nodded and picked up the glass. After drinking, she looked at Ilwoo.

“But where were you during our high school years?”

“I went to an all-girls academy here in Cheongdam then I transferred to Jeju.” She briefly looked away.

Saemi swallowed a piece of the spicy dish and looked up.

“Saemi? Lee Saemi?” A voice came from behind her.

Saemi winced as Ilwoo looked up.

“Oh my gosh! It’s you!” The girl grabbed her hand and shook it. Saemi could only smile weakly.

“It’s been so long, girl! Last time I saw you was at Club Ruby, how have you been?”

Saemi’s brows furrowed.

“I’ve...been doing well, thanks for asking. How about you, Yejin?”

The girl nodded enthusiastically.

“Ya, how about you drop by later? I’m sure the guys would love to-”

“I’m quite busy right now-” She stood up and grabbed Ilwoo’s sleeve, Ilwoo stood up and followed her.

“Maybe next time. Goodbye” She nodded as she dragged Ilwoo with her to the door.

Ilwoo smiled in amusement as she let her drag him out. In fact he was a little confused, he knew Saemi doesnt like people touching her, but here she was, pulling him out.

She exhaled as they stepped out of the place.

“Mianhae oppa, I just...didnt want people to know I’m back.” She murmured, then she remembered her hand on his arm. She smiled wanly and put her hand down.

Ilwoo smiled.

“It’s okay, Saem.”

Saemi smiled and they walked towards the car. But she knew that by tomorrow, everyone would know that she’s back. Then her past would come to haunt her again.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++