23

Stay With Me

 

 

As soon as they were out, Saemi’s dog immediately dashed out and she sighed and untied his leash.

“What if he gets lost?” Ilwoo’s gaze followed Furby.

“His trained, it’s fine oppa.” Saemi nodded.

“I heard you helped Joongki the other day.”

She sighed.

“Rumors spread fast.” She mumbled.

“I heard...people..are starting to talk about you.” Ilwoo started.

“I know, Gangnam’s Party Girl, Spoiled Brat..you name it.” She shrugged.

 

“Don’t worry, rumours are just rumours.” Ilwoo offered.

“It’s not a rumour oppa. I used..to be like that.” She nodded to herself. Ilwoo glanced at her.

“It’s one of the reasons I didnt want to announce I was back, all those...things would come back too. How I was before, how I acted and it’s just something that I dont want to be reminded of.”

Ilwoo remained quiet, then he shrugged his cardigan off and placed it on her shoulders.

“I used to be so reckless...that’s why I transferred schools.” She looked down.

“It doesn’t matter how you were before Saemi. The only thing that matters is how you are right now. And from what I see, you’re not that person anymore.” He smiled with his eyes. Saemi chuckled lightly.

“Is that a lawyer thing? Knowing the right thing to say?”

Ilwoo shook his head.

“It’s true. ”

 

“Is everything ready?” Khun asked as he saw Saemi and Ilwoo walk in the lobby.

“Yes. I just need to call oppa.” Saemi grinned and wrapped one arm around his.

Ilwoo blinked.

“Then let’s go.” Saemi nodded to them and walked.

As soon as they stepped in, Joongki and Minho were waiting for them.

“What is all this?” Minho asked as he regarded the meal on the table.

“You actually think your only sister would forget what day it is today?” She grinned and hugged him.

“Saengilchukhahae, oppa.” She smiled.

“She’s right, do you think we’d just let it slip?” Joongki grinned and smacked his shoulder, then Ilwoo walked in the room with a cake in his hands.

“I chose this, it’s pretty right?” He smiled, the two blinked at him.

“Don’t try to act like Saemi, it only suits her.” Joongki shuddered, Saemi laughed and walked to Khun.

“Sit down, let’s eat.” She nodded to him and produced a small box from her purse.

“Oppas too, you eat.” Saemi smiled, then she pushed the box towards her brother.

“You got me a gift?” Minho looked at her.

“Sort of.” Saemi shrugged and grinned at Joongki.

“A key?” Minho had opened the box.

“It’s waiting outside, dude. You like the color red, right?” Joongki piped in.

“Red....you got me the FJ cruiser?”

Saemi just smiled.

“Try driving it around later, oppa.”

“But....how did you purchase this? You can’t even speak fluently.” Minho blinked.

“Joongki oppa helped me.” Saemi nodded before sipping on her wine. Khun’s brows rose, she went alone with a guy.

“Really?” Minho asked. Ilwoo’s brows rose briefly, he had no idea the two went out together.

“I had to pay her back.” Joongki grinned at her.

Saemi just nodded back with a smile.

“Ya, if you two got together for some secret agenda, wouldn’t that mean world war or mass destruction?” Minho asked.

“You’re welcome, you punk.” Joongki rolled his eyes at him.

“Anyway, oppa. I need to go somewhere with Khun after this, dont wait for me.”

“Is this true?” Minho asked.

“Yes, she has to...show me something.” Khun nodded.

“Arasso, dont stay out too late, and thank you, dongsaeng-ah.” Minho smiled and reached to squeeze her hand once.

“I’m glad you’re finally back.”

Then the doors suddenly opened.

 

“Me too, my daughter.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++