8

Stay With Me

 

Being the eldest son and the male heir, Minho was already at the party. He was dressed in a classic black and white tuxedo as he greeted their company’s investors and guests.

The purpose of the party was for their new opening at Gangwondo.

“Yes, then enjoy the party.” He smiled as he politely stepped back and looked around.

 

“Who are you looking for? Secretary Yoon? I saw her exit the hall earlier.” Ilwoo said as he approached his friend.

“Aniya, not him. Oh, Joongki?” Minho asked.

“I dont know, I guess he’s coming in late again.”

“How come your alone? Uncle?”

“Abeoji can’t come. There are some pressing matters in Japan right now.”

Ilwoo nodded and looked around them.

“Ya, have you seen my sister?”

“Saemi? No, you didnt come in together?”

“I left earlier.“

 

Joongki walked in the event hall wearing a charcoal gray suit and a black tie that fit his lean frame snugly. He saw some of his colleagues and he gave them a polite nod.

“Oh, mister Song, nice to see you here.” A middle aged mand approached him.

“Yes, President Lee invited me.”

“I heard about the new innovation at your marketing strategy, I admit, I praise you for that.”

“Yes, thank you Representative Jang-”

“Who’s that?” The man said as he looked at the entrance, Joongki followed his gaze.

 

Saemi bit her lip as she stood in front of the doors. She was wearing a mauve silk dress that reached the floor, the dress accentuated her hourglass figure and long legs.

She didnt like parties, mainly because there were a lot of people and she didn’t like enclosed spaces at all.

She briefly touched her hair before moving forward.

She stepped in the place and took a deep breath.

 

Joongki watched as Saemi stepped in.

“What a beauty. Who’s daughter is she?” The man he was talking to blurted.

He saw Saemi’s eyes wander around the room.

“Do you know her, Mister Song?”

Joongki couldn’t look away from her.

“Yes,...I do.”

Saemi’s eyes landed on him, then she started to walk to him.

“Oppa, have you seen my brother?”

“I just arrived myself, but I think I know where he is, come.” Joongki nodded and his breeding kicked in, he offered his arm to her.

Saemi looked at his arm, then at his face.

“It’s fine, oppa. Just walk ahead.” She smiled amiably.

 

“Finally.” Minho sighed as Saemi appeared behind Joongki.

“Why are you so late?” Minho chided.

“I..had some things to finish.” Saemi reasoned. Joongki glanced at her.

“Why are you two together?” Ilwoo asked.

“When I walked in, I couldnt see oppa, then I saw him. I asked for help.” Saemi replied. Minho smiled and offered his arm to her.

“Come with me, I’ll introduce you to some people.”

Saemi nodded and wrapped her arm around his.

Joongki’s brows furrowed a little as the siblings stepped away.

 

“Nice to meet you too.” Saemi bowed politely at the man.

“She’s my sister, Lee Saemi.”

“Really? I didnt know the president had a sister, I’m Jeon Iljeon.” He offered his hand. Saemi just smiled at him.

“Lee Saemiimnida.” She replied.

The man looked taken aback and dropped his hand.

Minho glanced at his sister. Saemi never shook anyone’s hand. He was afraid that people would label her as a snob.

“Saemi-ya.” Minho said as they walked to get some refreshments.

“Do you have  OCD?”

“OCD? Obsessive Compulsive, oppa?”

Minho nodded, Saemi chuckled.

 

“Oppa, what are you thinking? Let’s go get something to drink, I’m thirsty.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++