Information

Snowy Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"His... fiancee?" I barely managed to get the words out of my mouth. Haneul smiled then looked at Hongki, who was still looking away from her.

"So technically, he's my boyfriend!" She hugged his arm tighter and I felt a lump in my throat.

"Con-congratulations," I whispered. "I have to go inside now, bye." I turned to leave. Hongki finally snapped out of it then yelled,

"Sarang, wait!" but I didn't stop to answer him.

The next day, I went grocery shopping. It was Sunday and I really hoped I wouldn't run into Hongki today. I felt miserable. And embarrassed. Damn. I probably should've answered him yesterday when he called out to me by saying, 'I'm alright,' or something like that, but I really wasn't alright. I couldn't even lie about it. I got all the things I needed to make dinner, then went to the check out counter.

"Sorry, you're four-thousand won(s) short*," the cashier said after checking out all my stuff. I looked at the stuff I needed to buy.

"Oh, then you can take away-"

"Just give them to her," someone interrupted from behind me, handing the cashier four one-thousand won bills. I turned to see Hongki's friend, the one I've never talked to. The cashier took the money, then gave me my groceries. I waited for Hongki's friend to finish paying for his stuff so that I could thank him. When he was done, I approached him.

"Um, thank you," I said. "I promise to pay you back at school." He smiled then put his hand on my shoulder.

"No need for that," he responded. He pulled his hand away, then asked me, "would you like to go for a cup of tea?" I stared at him for a second, then snapped out of it.

"S-s-sure," I answered. We went to a cafe and he payed for his green tea... and my bubble tea.

"So, how are you liking our school? Oh, I'm Yonghwa by the way. Jung Yonghwa." he said after taking a sip of his tea.

"Nice to finally meet you," I said back to him. "I'm liking this school just fine." He took another sip of his tea.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter