Masquerade

Snowy Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's been a month Sarang," Mina said as she sat next to me on my bed. "You don't even leave your house anymore. What about your part-time job?"

I listened healf-heartedly as I stared out my window. It was already summer and I still haven't gotten over the break up.

"I'm fine," I told Mina without looking at her. "You can go home now." Mina visited me practically everyday. She was a great friend, but sometimes, I just wanted to be alone. She sighed and got up.

"Okay, call me if you want to come out of your house sometime..." And with that she left.

I lied down on my bed and closed my eyes.

"Sarang, would you like to be my girlfriend?"

"I like you much more than I thought,"

"Because I'm that one percent,"

The words he said to me played in my head over and over again until my eyes were filled with tears. I was sick of crying, yet I couldn't stop. Why did it hurt so much? As I lay there, playing the breakup over and over again in my head, Mina suddenly barged into my room.

"Wait!" she yelled. Surprised, I got up.

"What?" I asked, worried if something had happened.

"Come to the masquerade ball this weekend!" she told me. I lay back down on my bed.

"No thanks," I responded. Mina put her hands on her hips.

"You have to get over it some day. You can't just stay here forever!" I sighed. She was right. Slowly, I sat up and looked at her.

"I don't even have a dress..." I said. Mina smiled and pulled out a plastic bag from the hallway outside the door.

"For you," she said smugly. She gave me the plastic bag. "I'll text you the details later." And with that she left.

I took a look at what was inside the bag. It was a dress. I took it out and laid it out in front of me on my bed and smiled. It was a beautiful, white, chiffon dress with white, oval-shaped rhinestones forming a flower at the waist.

I sighed and looked around my room. There were empty icecream containers all over my desk and empty bags of chips on my bed. Mina was right. Maybe it was time to move on.

*

It was the day of the ball. Beautiful lights and flowing dresses were all I could see. I looked down at my own dress. Did I look normal, and not like someone who can't get over their breakup even after it had been a month? I sighed as Mina grabbed my arm.

"This way!" she called. She dragged me over to the food table and we were greeted by a group of guys. They were all wearing masks but I could recognize Jonghoon, Yonghwa, and L right away.

"Oh, and who might this lovely lady be?" Jonghoon asked with a smile. I laughed and playfully punched his arm. I then noticed someone I've never seen before. He was also wearing a mask so I couldn't see his face, but he looked somewhat familiar. Hongki? I shook my head. It couldn't be. Besides, he had dark, chocolate brown hair instead of blonde hair.

I tried to forget about Hongki. This was a time to have fun.

I didn't know what I was doing here to be honest. Jonghoon and Mina thought it would be a great idea to drag me to this ball as a way for me to see Sarang again.

"Don't worry," Mina had said earlier. "she won't even recognize you! You'll be wearing a mask. You even dyed your hair!"

"Yeah, and you'll get to see her without her even knowing!" Jonghoon added.

I sighed at the memory of the conversation we had yesterday. I still couldn't believed they talked me into this. As Jonghoon was talking about how he managed to get the phone numbers o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter