Meeting

Snowy Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

140, 141, 142, ah, here it is, 143. My new locker. In my new school. In this new city. Sigh. My parents move a lot because they find cheaper places to run their store, and now here we were, Seoul. It was spring, and the new semester had already started. Although it was spring, it was still pretty cold outside, ugh. I put all my stuff in my locker but my bag, then headed to my new classroom. I entered the room, and a female teacher smiled at me.

"Oh, you must be Kim Sarang! Class, from now on, Sarang will be joining us!" she said, enthusiastically. The kids looked wide awake now. Some even laughed. Yeah, Sarang, weird, huh? 'Love'. Funny, considering I've never been in love before. The teacher told me to sit at the empty desk beside a girl in pigtails. I quickly took my seat, hoping that nobody is staring at me. Just as the teacher was talking about the importance of learning English, the girl next to me elbowed my arm.

"Hey, I'm Park Mina!" she whispered. She looked... happy.

"Hi, I'm Sarang. Kim Sarang..." I almost muttered. I wasn't fond of making friends. Besides, we were probably going to move again in a few months. After English, it was Lunch. I went to the cafeteria and ordered a salad, then took a seat at an empty table. Just when I thought I could peacefully eat my lunch, Mina came to sit next to me.

"Do you want to be friends with me?" Mina suddenly asked. I kind of choked. I've never been asked that before. Usually, you have to get to know someone before being their friend, but I didn't want to be rude. Also, the eager smile on her face made me feel almost sorry for her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter