Proposal

Snowy Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sarang," someone whispered into my ear. I opened my eyes and saw Hongki smiling at me. I smiled back.

"It's about time you woke up," I said to him, reaching for his hand.

"Sarang," he said again. "Wake up." I frowned. Wasn't I already awake? I closed my eyes to rub them, but when I opened them again, Hongki was gone. I looked down at my hands. They were covered in blood. Panicking, I looked up but saw that the hospital scene was replaced by the road where Hongki got hit by the car. I wanted to scream but no words came out.

"Sarang," I heard someone say again. I tried turning around but nobody was there. I started breathing heavily when someone hit my back. Then I woke up.

The lights in Hongki's hospital room were off but it was bright because of the opened window. I looked down at my hands and saw that they were holding Hongki's. I turned to see who had hit me. Mina had a worried look on her face.

"Hey," I said in a quiet voice.

"Are you okay? You started murmuring Hongki's name and I thought that I should wake you up..." I smiled at her.

"Thanks, it was just a nightmare." I yawned and stretched. "Where's L?"

"He couldn't come today so I thought I would come fetch you on my own," Mina replied. I rolled my eyes.

"I can leave on my own, thank you very much,"

"Yeah, but you won't unless someone, aka me, drags you. Come on, I wanna go to the mall," She grabbed my arm and dragged me out.

When we arrived at the mall, Mina and I walked around for about 2 hours before we decided to get something to eat.

"So," Mina said while eating her salad. "how's Hongki?"

"The doctor said he's doing fine," I told her.

"Oh, so-" Suddenly, my phone rang.

"Hold on a sec," I told Mina. I looked at my phone to see who the caller was and it said 'Jung Yonghwa'.

"Hello?" I said.

"Sarang? It's me Yonghwa," he said from the other side of the phone.

"What's up?" I asked, wiping my mouth with a napkin. There was a pause.

"It's Hongki," he said. "he woke up."

I rushed to the hospital as fast as I can with Mina following me.

When I reached Hongki's room, I stopped for a second before entering. Yonghwa said that there was something wrong with him when he called. I bit my lip. Could it be something serious? Mina put her hand on my shoulder and smiled encouragingly. I nodded then opened the door. Inside, I saw Yonghwa, L, and Jonghun standing around Hongki's bed. Then there was Hongki. He still had bandages around his head, but most of his injuries were almost healed. I put a hand to my mouth and tried to stop myself from crying.

"H-Hongki?" I said quietly, taking a step towards him. He was staring back at me, and I felt myself smile. I walked up to his bed and kneeled down beside his bed.

"A-Are you okay?" I asked hesitantly, afraid of the answer. Hongki blinked a few times then opened his mouth to speak.

"Who are you?" he asked in a quiet voice. My heart dropped. I thought back to the days where he didn't remember me after his trip from abroad. I was about to stand up when Hongki smiled.

"I'm just kidding," he said. I dopped my jaw as I looked up to see L, Yonghwa, and Jonghun silently laughing. L even had his back turned, but Mina lightly punched him on the arm with a frown.

"Oh my gosh," I breathed. "You scared me!" I put my hands on my face, trying to cover up my tears. Through my fingers I saw Hongki's eyes grow with worry. I thought stress wasn't good for him so I wiped my tears quickly.

"Don't ever scare me like that again," I told him, than lightly hit his stomach. He winced and I gasped. I forgot about the broken ribs.

"I'm so sorry!" I told him. I then laughed. Hongki took me hand it pressed it to his lips. Then his eyes grew wide again.

"Sarang, about the masqu-"

"It's fine," I told him, putting a finger to his lips. "I know." Hongki eased back into his bed. Suddenly, Yonghwa cleared his throat.

"Well, we'll leave you two to uh... talk," he said, and with that, he and the rest left the room.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Hongki.

"Good, good..." he murmured. He looked a bit dazed and worn out.

"Maybe I should lea-" I started getting up but Hongki grabbed my hand.

"Stay," he said. "please?" I nodded and grabbed a chair. He closed his eyes and I his hair until he went to sleep.

- 5 years later -

"Sarang!" Mina called as I ran out the door.

"Sorry, I had to get my coat!" I yelled as I got in her car. It was spring but it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter