Tears

Snowy Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A snowy spring. I looked up to see the sky. The snow fell ever so lightly, glistening beautifully in the sunlight. The wind blew slightly, and I caught something blowing in the corner of my right eye. I turned to see a girl with long brown hair staring at me. I couldn't see her face properly because the sun was in my eyes. Just as my eyes got used to the brightness, I woke up. The alarm clock rang loudly in the quiet. Dazed, I got up and went to wash up and get dressed. Father said I could rest for a while because of my accident back in America.

------Sarang------

Was it just a bad dream? Or had it actually happened? Did Hongki really not recognize me? I flipped over to my stomach and sighed. I rolled out of bed and got dressed. After I finished putting on my clothes and washing up, I went down to eat breakfast. I poured myself a glass of milk and just as I was about to put two slices of bread into the toaster, when someone knocked on the door. I went to go open it and found a woman I've never seen before standing outside my door. She wore an expensive looking dress matched with diamond accessories. Her hair was up in a tight bun and she was holding a Louis Vuitton handbag. I've never seen her before, yet she seemed kind of familiar. After a few seconds of just staring at each other, I decided to speak up.

"Um, hi," I said. She ignored my greeting and was now searching for something in her bag. She took out an envelope and held it in front of me. I took a step back, dumbfounded. Who was this woman?

"Take it," she said. "and leave Hongki alone." Ah. No wonder why she looked so familiar. I saw some of Hongki's features in her.

"Are you... Hongki's mom?" I asked, hesitantly. She sighed and lowered the arm that was holding onto the envelope.

"Yes," she replied. She looked at me from head to toe and rolled her eyes. I tried asking her why she was here.

"But why-"

"I want you to leave Hongki alone." That shut me up. I let my mouth close and looked at the ground.

"When Hongki was on his way from the airport to the hotel in America, he got into a car accident and went into a coma for a few weeks. When he woke up, he couldn't remember anything that had happened in the last 2 years." She made a tight line with her lips, but then continued.

"He could remember everything fine, but he doesn't remember entering his last year in high school." I was on the verge of tears. If the accident happened on the day Hongki got to America, that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter