Sweet Melody

Guardian

Your POV

 

                      After receiving the kiss from Kris, I haven't been able to think straight lately. I hoped that I wouldn't run into him today, because I didn't know what to say to him. I look at the calendar, seeing that Chen's birthday was almost here. 

 
"Ahhhh, I haven't even found a present for him yet....." I sighed.
 
 
I wanted to give the perfect present, something that would make up for all the times he helped me. I knew that I would have to give something that he will like but I didn't know much about him. I looked around his room, trying to see if I can learn more about what he likes. I could tell that he really liked music alot but I couldn't buy him an instrument, he already had some. I sat on my bed than sighed, upset that I couldn't think of anything special to get him. Suddenly, the door began to open and I hid under the blanket, hoping it wasn't Kris. 
 
 
"Ty?" the familiar voice said.
 
 
As soon as I heard the voice, I recognized it immediately. I stopped hiding under the blanket, than I greeted Xiumin.
 
 
"Oh, hi Xiumin. I'm glad that it's just you......"
 
 
Xiumin smiled at me than went to sit down by me, "Is there something that's bothering you?"
 
 
I nodded my head, than replied, "I don't know what to give Chen oppa for his birthday. I want it to be really special."
 
 
Xiumin chuckled than replied, "Oh, is that so?" 
 
 
I nodded my head again than asked, "Do you know what he would like?"
 
 
"Mmmmm," Xiumin pondered, than he said, "he really likes to listen to pianos."
 
 
"THAT'S IT!" I said, "I'll play the piano for him!"
 
 
Xiumin: "That's great! You've found your answer."
 
 
"Yeah but, I don't think I know how to play the piano......" I sighed.
 
 
Xiumin smiled at me than grabbed my hand. 
 
 
"Come with me." He said.
 
 
I hold onto Xiumin's hand tightly, as we walked around the building. We finally came to a stop, than Xiumin opened the door. When the door opened fully, the room had a huge piano in the middle of it. As we sat by the piano, I admired its beauty. 
 
 
"Play it." Xiumin said.
 
 
"But, but I don't know how........." I replied.
 
 
He chuckled at me than said, "Just give it a try."
 
 
"Okay," I said. 
 
 
I looked at the piano, thinking about what song I should play. Suddenly, I remember the song I heard from the music box. I pressed the piano keys lightly, trying to find the notes. As soon I found them, I continued to play the song. I got a little embarrassed when I messed up but I still continued to play it. I didn't know the rest of the song, so I stopped playing. Xiumin clapped at my performance.
 
 
"Wow," he said, "that was amazing! But why did you stop in the middle of the song?"
 
 
"Thank you," I replied, "that's because, I didn't know the rest of it."
 
 
Xiumin laughed than said, "Would you like me to teach you?"
 
 
"Yes, you know the song?"
 
 
Xiumin nodded his head than said, "Very well, it was our sister's favorite song."
 
 
"Well, your sister and I must have the same taste in music. I like this song a lot also and I would love to know how to play the rest of it."
 
 
Xiumin smiled at me than said, "Should I start teaching you now?"
 
 
"Yes, I would like that." 
 
 
I watched Xiumin play the piano, making sure that I remember each key he played. After when I was done watching him, I tried to follow him exactly. I was pressing the right keys but I was playing in the wrong tone. Xiumin helped me find the right tone than placed my fingers on the keys. I blushed from embarrassment than finished playing the song. 
 
 
"You should play this song for Chen's birthday." Xiumin said, "you played it pretty well."
 
 
"Thanks," I replied, "and you really think so?"
 
 
He nodded his head than replied, "Chen really likes this song also."
 
 
"Okay, I will. Thanks for helping me oppa." 
 
 
"Oppa?" Xiumin said, looking at me in shock.
 
 
"Oh, I'm sorry...... if you don't like me to call you that, I'll just call you Xiumin." I replied, my cheeks were burning red from embarrassment.  
 
 
Xiumin shook his head than said, "No, it fine. You can call me that, I was just a little shock at first."
 
 
"Oh, alright. Thanks again oppa."
 
 
 "No problem." he replied with a smile.

 

End POV

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Xiumin's POV

 

                            I was walking towards my room, seeing that it was empty. I was wondering where Ty was, than I saw something hiding underneath Chen's blanket. 

 

"Ty?" I called out.

 

She came out of the covers, than said, "Oh, hi Xiumin. I'm glad it's just you."

 

She let out a small sigh and I knew something was wrong with her. 

 

 

"Is there something that's bothering you?" I asked her, worried.
 
 
She nodded her head, than replied, "I don't know what to give Chen oppa for his birthday. I want it to be really special."
 
 
I chuckled than replied, "Oh, is that so?" 
 
 
She nodded her head again than asked, "Do you know what he would like?"
 
 
"Mmmmm," I thought for awhile, than said, "he really likes to listen to pianos."
 
 
"THAT'S IT!" Ty shouted in joy, "I'll play the piano for him!"
 
 
"That's great! You've found your answer."
 
 
"Yeah but, I don't think I know how to play the piano........." she said, letting out a small sigh.
 
 
After hearing Ty say that, I became a little disappointed because I didn't know how I could help her. Suddenly, a thought came to me, I looked at her than smiled.
 
 
I grabbed onto her hand than said, "Come with me."
 
 
She held onto my hand tightly, as we walked around the building. When I found the room, I stopped in my tracks than I opened the door. When the door opened fully, the room had a huge piano in the middle of it. As we sat by the piano, Ty examied it, admiring its beauty.
 
 
"Play it." I said.
 
 
"But, but I don't know how........." she replied.
 
 
I chuckled at her than said, "Just give it a try."
 
 
"Okay," she agreed.
 
 
She pressed on the keys, looking for the right notes. As soon as she found them, she began to play the song. When I heard the song that she was playing, I quickly regonized it. I watched her in amazement as she played the piano beautifully. I was almost brought to tears, because the song brought back so many memories. She suddenly stopped playing in the middle of the song, but I still applauded her. 
 
 
"Wow," I said, "that was amazing! But why did you stop in the middle of the song?"
 
 
"Thank you," she replied, "that's because, I didn't know the rest of it."
 
 
I laughed at her than said, "Would you like me to teach you?"
 
 
Ty: "Yes, you know the song?"
 
 
I nodded my head, than said, "Very well, it was our sister's favorite song."
 
 
Ty: "Well, your sister and I must have the same taste in music. I like this song a lot also and I would love to know how to play the rest of it."
 
 
I smiled at her than said, "Should I start teaching now?"
 
 
"Yes, I would like that." she replied.
 
 
I pressed on the keys slowly, making sure that Ty would be able to catch everything I was doing. As soon as I got the rythmn going, I began to play even faster, so she would know what it actually sounds like. After when I was done teaching her, I let her finish the song. She was playing the wrong tones at first, but I helped her by placing her fingers on the right tones. When she had finally finished the song, I applaud her once more. 
 
 
"You should play this song for Chen's birthday." I said, "you played it pretty well."
 
 
"Thanks," she replied, "and you really think so?"
 
 
 I nodded my head than replied, "Chen really likes this song also."
 
 
"Okay, I will. Thanks for helping me oppa." she replied.
 
 
I was shocked whenever she called me that, I looked at her than replied, "Oppa?" 
 
 
"Oh, I'm sorry...... if you don't like me to call you that, I'll just call you Xiumin." Ty replied, her cheeks were burning red from embarrassment.  
 
 
I shook head than said, "No, it fine. You can call me that, I was just a little shock at first."
 
 
"Oh, alright. Thanks again oppa." she said.
 
 
 "No problem." I replied to her, with a smile.
 
 
I felt very happy to hear Ty call me oppa, because that means we have become very close friends. I knew that I had to do something nice for her, to show her how thankful I am of her. As I looked around the room, I noticed how small our room was. Even though I knew Ty liked staying in our room, it was just getting a little to crowded around her. Suho was the only person who had a room to himself, everyone else shared a room with someone. Kris shared a room with Tao; Luhan shared a room with Sehun & Lay; D.O. shared a room with Kai; Baekhyun shared a room with Chanyeol; and I shared a room with Chen. Also, Suho's room was big enough for two people to share and he also had a two closets. I knew what I had to do, I'm going to buy Ty a bed of her own.
 
 
End POV