Awakening

Guardian

Your POV        

 

                     It's a cloudy and raining day, the roads are fill with many cars driving by to get their destinations. I am inside a coffee shop buying me a latte and some cake. After when I got my things, I went out of the shop and opened my umbrella. On the other side of the street, I see a little girl waiting for the light to change so she can cross the street. After when her light changed, she started to cross the street. In the corner of my eye, I noticed that there was a car coming in her direction. She was in the middle of the street and I ran across to go save her. I grabbed her by side than shoved her aside out of the road. Screeeeeccccccchhhhhhhh! The tires of the car scraped on the road as the driver pressed on the brakes. I could feel my heart beating faster, my mind went blank, than everything became black. Moments later, I was able to see again. My mind was still processing what has happened and there where a group of people around me. I looked around my surrounding but everything was white and bright. I didn't knew where I could be but every one around me was well dressed. They were wearing bright, golden-white, robes; crowns of golden leaves; and golden sandals. I looked down at myself noticing that I was wearing an ugly, white, torn white dress and my feet were bare. Everyone was walking around, while I was just sitting down there confusement. I started to get up slowy to look around but than I saw the little girl come up to me. 
 
"Thanks for saving me," she said. After she thanked me, she dissappeared in thin air.
 
Suddenly, a beautiful woman walked up to me than said, "My, my, you have truly proven yourself to be a guardian." 
 
"Where am I?" I asked while looking around in a daze.
 
The woman said, "You are in the light realm, where we, guardians of the humans and protectors of life, live."
 
"Am I dead?" I asked nevously.
 
The woman looked at me and chuckled, "No, you're not dead but you were never alive either." 
 
"What do you mean by that?" I asked her questionally. 
 
She answered with a smile, "You are one of the new guardians, made to protect. We put you on earth to see if you were worthy enough to become a guardian and you have truly proven yourself." 
 
I looked at the lady than studied her from head to toe. I noticed that she was better dressed than I was and all the other people too. 
 
"Who are you?" I asked her in awe.
 
She replied, "I am Gladyias. High chief of the guardians." 
 
                             I continued to look at her with amazement. She surely looked beautiful, like a goddess. She was truly someone I wanted to look up to, a true role model filled with pure goodness. I found my self zoning off while looking at her. I shook my head than I looked at myself in a reflection. I was having a hard time recognizing myself.
 
"Who am I?" I asked Gladyias.
 
She looked at me, "Kneel down on knee." 
 
I did what she said than she took out a sliver blade from her scabbard and laid it on each side of my shoulders.
 
"From this day forward," she said with a deep, angelic voice, "you will be known as Tyrian. Guardian and protecter of life." 
 
She put her sword back into her scabbard, "Now, rise!"
 
                I got up and smiled brightly at her. Suddenly, my clothes began to change. I was now wearing a golden-white dress with a dark, purple bow on the back and I had gold, sparkly sandals. 
 
"Wow!" I exclaimed, amazed by my new look. In my reflection, I saw that my hair was put into pretty curls and there was a golden leaf pin to keep my bangs out of my face.
 
"It is now your time to protect the innocent lives on earth. You have everything you need in order to help them." 
 
"What am I protecting them from?" I asked her while looking into her eyes.
 
Gladyias: "The creatures from the dark realm. "
 
"The dark realm?" I looked at her with a confused face.
 
Gladyias: "Yes. These creatures will do anything to hurt human beings. They were made to kill and destory. That's why it's our duty to protect all the humans."
 
"Wait, how am I suppose to protect all of the humans by myself?" 
 
 
She laughed at me, "You are not going to be working alone. All the other guardians are assigned to protect one human family." 
 
 
"Oh....." I said while my cheeks blushed in embrassment, "So, who am I assigned to?"
 
 
Gladyias: "Follow me and I will show you." 
 
                She stood up from her golden throne than started to walk across the floor and I followed her like she told me to. We walked into a pure, white room. It was decorated with flower pots hanging from the ceiling and there was a pond of water placed in the middle of the room. When we walked up to the pond, Gladyias said, "Look into the water." I did as she said and looked into the water. The water started to ripple, than it showed an image of a large family. They looked really happy, because they were sitting in the park and they were eating together. There was aleast 12 grown boys and they looked so happy together. I found it strange since I didn't see any parents in sight but I ignored it.
 
 
"Oh, they seem like a nice and happy family."
 
               She told me to look into the water agian and I did. This time, I saw the same family but looked different. This time, they all looked worn out and tired but they were dancing. They didn't look happy at all, in fact, they didn't look the same as they used to. When they were kids, they had happy personalities but now, their personality had dramaticly changed. The 12 boys had split into groups of 6. They didn't get along, in fact, they were competing with each other.
 
"Oh no..... what happened to them?" 
 
She sighed than replied, "The creatures from the dark realm did this."
 
"No way, they did this? But why?" 
 
              She replied, "Like I said, these creatures were made to destroy humans lives. They do that by causing ruckus and bringing trouble to families. They hate it when humans are happy, because if they are happy, then they become weak and if they are weak, we can destroy them. But if the humans aren't happy, than we become weak and the creatures can destroy us."
 
"What do they look like?" 
 
               She touched the water with her index finger and the water began to swirl around.  The water spun faster and faster until an image shown up on the screen. On the screen, there was tons of figures shaped like humans. Each one of them had dark red eyes but their bodies were filled in black.
 
"What are they?"
 
              She replied,"To humans, they are known as shadows but to us, they are also known as 'shifters'. They can take on the forms of a human being and they come on to earth to cause trouble. They never get caught because they know how to blend in with the humans and that's why it's so hard to find them."
 
"So, how do I know if I come across one of them?"
 
              "Simple," she replied with a smirk,"pay attention to how each human being act. If they are acting suspicious or seem like they are going to cause trouble, than you know you have encountered a shifter. Also, look on the ground but only when it's sunny outside. If you notice one human being that has a dark, red-ish shadow, than you have found your shifter."
 
"I understand." 
 
"Good," she said with a booming voice, "now, it's time for you to go to Earth. Off you go!"
 
"Yes ma'am."
 
I bowed to her with respect than I left the room, on my way to Earth.
 

End POV