Who Is M?

Can You Feel My Heartbeat Girl?

 

…..These people are so kind; it’s good for the boys to be in a positive environment as much as possible, I thought as I shifted through the various items on my personalized table. There were various welcome stickers from some of the other managers, a tassel for my phone, and other things to make me feel at home.

Taecyeon promised to meet me in front of the office, even though I insisted I could find my way back ho-to the Mansion. Wow, I almost called it home; it’s growing on me faster than I expected. Boom, the boys’ main travel agent and companion, introduced himself to me as the ‘go-to guy for any of your needs, lady T’. I made sure to keep that in mind as I signed off on everything that officially made me a member of the team. As rain began to fall outside, I went into all affairs with light-hearted feelings.

There was a planner with all of 2PM’s upcoming shows, events, press conferences, and show sponsorship meetings so that I wouldn’t have to juggle everything in my head. Opening it, I saw spaces that were blank that I could place individual and group meetings with the boys for talking sessions. The dates for my paydays were also enclosed.

As I started to shuffle everything into my messenger bag, a folded piece of paper slipped out and fell to the floor. Hmm? Never seen that before…I thought and I knelt to open it. It was a cutout of many different letters from different magazines, and my eyes put the pieces together to say: “Beware of what you don’t see at first, counselor. It may come back and kill you in the end. Heed my warning well, innocuous woman, and all will go well-if not, then watch as I pick them off, one by one. I’ll even come for you, too- M.”

A quick tremor ran through my system as a million and one questions danced their way through my brain. What the hell? Where is this from? Who is this from? What could this mean? Are the boys in danger? Glancing upwards, I noticed that it was getting late. Crap-Taec’s coming to pick me up soon, I’d better play it cool until I leave. Who knows who might be watching me right now..

I gathered my things in a dignified manner, mysterious note and all, and walked out into the lobby to the grand glass double doors to see Taec talking to a group of people and signing autographs. He turned and, seeing me, separated from his awestruck fans; as I walked up slowly, he smiled at me. “Hey Taren-unni-I decided to stop by early and come get you-hey, what’s wrong?” My head snapped up quickly-I had been so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn’t even realize I let it show on my face. I waved it off with a small laugh, “Nothing, nothing at all, my friend.” Taec looked me up and down, then shook his head slowly. “Come on.” He put his arm around my shoulder to steer me towards the exit. I chuckled sadly. “But I don’t have an umbrella..”

In the next moment, Taec took off his outer shirt and put it over my shoulders and head, making me look like a monarch of Egypt. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror going out the lobby and this time I laughed, peeking out of the massive shirt to look up at him, now getting soaked to the bone. “Thank you, Taec.” He laughed and nodded, then grew serious. “Tell me what’s wrong. What happened today?”

I sighed as we walked the last block to the train station. “I’d rather just tell everyone while we’re in the same room together-who knows who might be listening right now..” I looked down as we boarded the standing train, the people coming in to fill the space around us and I felt that fear creep up on me again. What if the person who sent me that message is on this train at this very moment? I shivered, completely forgetting who I was with.

All of a sudden, two strong, warm arms encircled me and pulled me into a body that radiated its own heat. Taec’s comforting presence drew me in and I rested my head on his shoulder as he whispered huskily, “Don’t worry, I won’t let anything happen to you, or anyone else I care about.” I sighed into his collarbone for the rest of the ride. “Thank you..”