A Trio's Balcony Meeting

Can You Feel My Heartbeat Girl?

 

Nick closed the door behind him, then looked at the others kindly before going to the next level in the house. The others followed him onto the third floor balcony, where the boys would go to think, or to just free their mind.  

Taren may have heard about the controversy surrounding them as of late, but she had no idea of who, or rather what, her new friends really were. Taec spoke first. “She’s amazing-I sniffed her, a little, and the Beast likes her, too.” Nick smiled and nodded as he raised a hand slowly over a nearby flowering bush on the ledge. Immediately all of the flowers sprouted into full cherry blossoms as Nick twirled one in his hands. “I agree- I felt a connection with her; that has never happened with the ones we’ve had in the past.” The Beast and the Prince looked over at their leader, who had hopped up on the ledge and was looking at the stars with a peaceful expression on his face. “Jay? You there?”

Jay came back to reality with an apologetic smile on his face to the others. “Yeah, sorry-I’m here.” The leader bit his lip, and it would have been an innocent gesture enough-except for there was a fang poking out between his lips. “I like her…a lot. I feel like she could help us, if she chose to stick around longer than the 6-month-trial period.” Taec clapped him on the back. “It’ll be nice to have someone to learn your own culture with, jah?” He snickered as Jay shoved him back and came to stand with Nichkhun. “You know how I feel about that…”

Nick placed a hand on both of their shoulders. “Now now, let’s not get out of hand here. We’ve got to at least try and be helpful for Taren-ni’s sake,” he said, pushing the both of them inside. Taec yawned. “I’m too tired to misbehave, even if I wanted to,” he murmured, climbing the stairs ahead of them and coming to a slow stop in front of his room. Jay looked at his normally energetic co-rapper with realization. “That’s right-the moon is waning now.” The Beast nodded at him. “Yeah-but don’t worry; I’ll be back starting next week.” Taecyeon smiled, and the leader and prince saw the flicker of a very dangerous creature lurking behind their friend’s eyes before it disappeared. “Goodnight guys,” Taec closed the door gently behind him; Nick turned to Jay. “And what about you, oppa?”

Jay was caught slightly off-guard, underneath the concerned look of Nick. “Wha-? What do you mean?” Nick folded his arms. “Our Lady the Moon only affects some of us, but not you- are you okay? Do you feel the Lust?” Jay straightened up. “I’m fine Nick-I survived in the States without killing anybody, and I can still carry my own here,” Jay retorted. With a softer voice, he put an arm around Nick, “Thank you for looking out for me, at least someone still cares about me.”

“However…” Jay drawled, and Nick was the one caught off-guard this time as the leader ruffled his hair in a surprise tickle attack. “Don’t forget Nick-hyung; I’m the oldest and the leader here, so I do what I want!!” Nick laughed and pulled himself out of Jay’s grip. “Okay okay, I hear you-just play it safe, okay?” Jay was already stepping into the shadows with a grin of his own. “Yeah Yeah, goodnight, Omma.” Nick sent a playful spark at his leader before nodding his own goodnights and retreating to his cove.

Jay travelled around in the dark for a little while, before sudden inspiration hit him. Creeping around to Taren’s door, he allowed himself a few deep breaths….I can control this…..1….2….3!! On his own cue, Jay successfully phased through Taren’s door to enter his friend’s presence.

Taren was just as they had left her- peacefully cuddled on her bed, underneath a plethora of comforter and sheets. He crossed the carpet and peered at her, smiling and brushing a few wisps of hair back from her cheek. She’s gorgeous…wait, what am I saying? Without warning, his fangs came out in full force, and Jay had the sudden urge to protect and keep Taren from all the negativity this world had to offer.

Taren mmmed in her sleep, and Jay took that as his cue. Stepping back as quickly as he came, he was up and out of the room in a velvet crossing of black and in his room before Taren rolled over. Plopping down on his bed, Jay smiled as he began to drift off, thinking of a brighter future, involving a certain girl from New York….Sleep well….my dream girl….