Rehearsal Musings

Can You Feel My Heartbeat Girl?

 

…”Alright guys-take a 5 minute break, and then we go into the next set!!” Minkyung, the female head technician called out to everyone, clapping as 2PM, Big Bang, and the other performers bowed tiredly before heading offstage to the refreshments table.

“... I know she’s a grown woman, but I don’t want to take any risks right now,” Junho spoke quietly to Chansung and Wooyoung as he sipped on his banana milk, and Woo nodded. “I know, but we still have to give her time to breathe, you know?” Chan reached around and squeezed his hyung’s shoulders, “Junho’s a man in love-he won’t take any chances when his one true love is in danger,” the maknae chuckled as said star-crossed lover punched him in the arm.

Meanwhile, Taeyang was holding part of his costume, a silver rose belonging to his tuxedo jacket, and he sighed as he twirled the delicate prop between his fingers…

“You will never be conquered by your enemies, my love-your quiet strength and humility will carry you farther than you think…” you said, as you put your hand on mine…

“Please order this for me- I don’t think I can read this Hangeul properly!!” you giggled, pointing at the menu, and we both laugh as I call the hostess over…

“In reality, my dear Taeyang-yah - it was actually the BEST lunch date ever!!” and then, you kissed me…

The crooner that had nations at his fingertips with just a few honeyed notes, had all of his thoughts revolving around one woman in particular, Taren, why can’t I stop thinking about you? I’ve never felt this way about anybody before; is this what is known as….love?

The Big Bang peacekeeper was so wrapped up in his own thoughts that he didn’t see the boot whizzing through the air, flying at his head until the very last second-

-he stopped it completely, putting up one hand and halting it in its line of trajectory, much to Seung-Ri’s dismay and Dae’s joy- the former sighed dejectedly while his hyung clapped. “Oh, I’ve been calling you for the past couple of minutes and you don’t respond- but as soon as I toss a combat shoe at your face you come back to life? No fair!!” The crooner merely chuckled and tossed the maknae back his shoe as Ji-Yong jumped on his back. “We all know that he’s got some of the best reflexes anyone’s ever seen-he must have been distracted by Taren-noona!!” the Big Bang leader mock swooned as Taeyang blushed, then TOP appeared. “Don’t get too lost in your mind, Tae-ni~ I understand how you feel, but we still have work to do,” the eldest said calmly as he tapped Tae-ni on the back once. “Rather, invest all of that love energy into a concert that she will never forget!!” Ji-Yong cheered and dashed out of the door-the picture of a highly photogenic ball of never-ending energy. Taeyang chuckled, and pinned his rose back on in agreement, “You’re right- if I’m going to get any stellar singing down, I have to concentrate on who/what I’m singing for…”

“…And as she was talking, I had no idea what language it was in, but she was so involved in it-her level of concentration was so invested that she didn’t hear/see me until she turned around,” Taec was saying to the other 2PM members as they stood around on stage, rearranging their equalizers and microphone volumes. Junho bit his bottom lip (unknowingly causing the nearby make-up artist to swoon and slide to the floor in a faint), looking concerned, “Do you think she was really planning on leaving after all, and didn’t want to hurt our feelings?” Woo patted his donsaeng on the back, saying heartily, “I don’t think Taren’s the type of girl who would just pack up and leave us like that-she’s stuck with our craziness so far, right?”

Junsu was looking around at all of the various people putting the show together, and Chan noticed this, coming and standing next to the Daegu Big Brother, saying, “You’re thinking that one of these people have to be involved in the M revolution somehow?” the Charmer nodded, and sighed, pinching his nose. “Yes, I can feel it- I want to stop this nonsense right now, but I fear the unseen consequences might still throw us for a loop…” Nick put a hand on Junsu’s shoulder, and smiled kindly at him. “Don’t worry-no matter what, we are still in this together- we can triumph against anyone as long as we stick together.” Jay nodded sagely, and he pulled out his phone, exclaiming, “Hey~it’s Taren-ni!! She says she’s heading out to the gym for a bit.” Chan, Woo, and even Junsu laughed as Nick/Junho spoke at the same time, “What-she should be resting!!No work outs!!”