Taren's Fun, Taec's Message

Can You Feel My Heartbeat Girl?

 

The six of us stood in the parking lot as people started to swarm out the double doors of the club, looking confused and talking amongst themselves as the manager and fire chief stood in front and talked to a late night electrician. “What in the world could’ve caused this blackout?” I wondered. Indeed, the whole side of our city block had gone out. Taeyang went to go and talk to his teammates, and TOP said curtly, “I think it was just faulty wiring this time around-we are on a shared electrical grid that needs to be updated.”

Seung put an arm around my waist as Tae said goodnight to his friends, coming back over with his trophy. “Other than the freaky lights, how did you enjoy your first Korean Dance Battle?” I beamed at him, “I loved it- it was amazing!!!I’m only sorry that there could only be one team winning tonight,” Dae clapped both me and Tae on our shoulders saying, “ So you think that Tae and his team were on the same level as the enemy?!” I punched his arm as everyone laughed, “No~ I know that Tae and the Solar team would win, no matter what- they’ve got everything in a perfect package!!”

“Hey~ we need to take a picture, for your scrapbook Taren-unni,” Yong said, and everyone agreed. We all took various pictures with Tae, his team, the club, and miscellaneous people who saw the performance before we agreed to go our separate ways. Tae and I piled into his car, and all to soo we were back in front of the Mansion, where he walked me to the front door. “Tonight….was amazing, Tae,” I hugged him, and he held me, chuckling warmly in my ear, “I will carry this night in my memory for a good long time.” Tae looked at me, and shook his head, “No- I will outlast you because I will carry this memory forever,” as he leaned into my face… me…..BAM!!!

 “Oh hi guys~ glad to see that you all are safe!!” Junho flung open the front door and stood there, grinning from ear to ear as Chan, Woo, and Su appeared behind him like the opening to a musical. Tae stepped back from me and scratched his head, blushing deeply as I laughed and lt myself be pulled into an embrace by Ho. “Aww~ did you miss me, Ho-ni?” Nick, Taec, and Jay appeared at the staircase as well, and Taec took my bag from me, grinning, “That is the understatement of the year- if you stayed out for even a minute longer he would’ve driven and picked you up himself!!”

I laughed as well, as Woo shut the door behind us and I climbed the stairs into the main living room. “Aww- I’m touched, really I am, but nothing dramatic happened other than a blackout. No one got hurt, and Tae and his Solar Team won the Dance Battle either way!!”

Nick smiled as he and said dance high-fived congenially. “Congrats on your win, my friend- I know that you guys will ace the Southeastern Division in a couple of weeks!!” Taeyang smiled, and then he looked over at the clock, “Guys- I have to head out now- we’ve got curfew the night before the concert!!” I linked my arm through his as the clock tolled for 11:30, and groaned, “Aww~ but we were having so much fun!!” Junsu smiled apologetically as I led Tae outside, “Such is the life of a performer, Taren-ni~ now say your goodbyes quickly so he doesn’t get in trouble with his manager!!” I laughed and waved behind me, “Yes, of course, Appa!!”

We stood outside and looked out at the stars twinkling in the cool night, and after a moment Tae spoke up, “And they have the perfect timing…” I was confused for a second, “Who, my dear?” Tae turned to me, smiling, “Your friends- 2PM. They know, especially Junho, what I wanted to do…” I put my hands on my hips, chuckling, “You sound like an evil villain whose plans have just been foiled again, my love.” As I looked up at the sky, he laughed and said, smoothly, “Actually, I like to think that I’m the anti-hero in a comedic play…”

Before I knew it, Tae had grabbed my chin gently but firmly to face him, and he quickly kissed me on the lips. His mouth was warm and tender-and it quickly tuned out the building chill around me, I swayed in the moment….Oooh Lord this feels nice….

The moment didn’t last long- the door behind me flew open, and Junho came out like a gunshot. “Oy~ he’s manhandling her!!Code Red:Swarm!!” We quickly separated, us laughing as Tae merely skipped out of range of Junho’s hands and walked with a bounce in his step to his car, as the others appeared in the doorway. “Best night ever,” he sang to me, laughing and avoiding the thrown flowers from Junho (who had nothing else in his armory, his heel and saw the poor innocent garden). “I loved every moment of it~ see you tomorrow!!” I waved at him, as he waved from the window of his Jag and peeled out.

I skipped past Junho, giggling as I raced for my room and plopped down on the bed, squealing like a rebellious teenager who just met her idol in life- or this case, a musician.  Nick came in, his arms folded and tryning to look stern, but it crumpled away as I jumped up and gave him a big hug. “See? Nothing happened, and it was a great night,” I cooed to him in his ear, as Taec and the others came in after him. “I know I know~ I’m glad you got to have fun,” Khun said back, as he beamed at me while pushing me into the bathroom to prepare for bed.

Junho was whimpering as Woo patted him on the back, saying to Chan, “Did she have to enjoy that little kiss so much?” I laughed, coming out of the bathroom in my pyjamas, and said coyly, “If you wanted a kiss from me, then why didn’t you just say so in the first place?” Before anybody moved, I bent low and kissed Junho on the lips the same way Tae did with me, and everyone cheered as the vocalist spazzed out in Woo’s arms and fell backwards. “Finally~ he can shut up for once,” a laughing Junsu said, as Jay clapped me on the back, “Way to be American, Taren.”

Taec didn’t say anything for a moment, only looked at me in slight concern, “How are you feeling? How’s your stomach?” I held up my shirt, “It’s fine, see? No worries,” Chan looked up at the clock, “Guys, we should turn in as well- we’ve got to get to the Concert Hall pretty early tomorrow!!” Everyone said their goodnights, and Taec was the last one to leave my room. On the way through my doorway, he stopped suddenly in the threshold, causing me to bump into his back gently. He turned to me, and I was surprised to see slight pain in his face. “Taec? What’s wrong?” The rapper looked at me, before taking in a deep breath and saying, “Taeyang, do you love him?”

I took a slight step back, and thought about it for a second. “Yeah, I love him- but I don’t know if it’s romantic love yet,” and Taec nodded once before saying, “Just please- don’t push others out of your heart yet..” before I could process the meaning of his words, the rapper had already patted my head and crossed to his room, closing his door for the night. I padded to my own bed and just sat underneath the blanket for a minute, thinking about his words, What could he mean? Was he trying to tell me something? I’ll have my chance to talk to him more in the morning…