Karaoke With The Boys and Bedtime Fun

Can You Feel My Heartbeat Girl?

 

Under the guise of heading back to the Mansion, we all piled into the company van and Jay maneuvered us through the streets of the Doeungam District. The boys were almost like tour advisors, pointing at different things that I should check out when they opened in the morning. “No not that one-keep going-right there, now park!!” The leader gladly obliged, and soon we herded up the stairs into a VIP karaoke lounge.

 Junho and Wooyoung immediately grabbed for the microphone. “I’m going first!!” Nick shoved them apart quickly. “Guys-there’s a lady present remember?” They pouted, but smiled sheepishly in my direction. Junsu clapped. “I know I know- let’s settle this with Pa Ju Set!!” As I watched, the boys immediately settled into a circle of what I would come to know as the Rock Paper Scissor Circle. Chansung won, and he squealed as the others groan, making me laugh. He picked his song out and turned to me, pushing me back until my legs hit the back of the loveseat. “Please sit down-I dedicate this one to you,” he said, swaying back to the front. Nick sat next to me, Jay flanking my other side. “Oh, this should be good.” He jabbed a finger at the screen as Jay snickered. Taec laughed outright. “Mamma Mia?! Oh my God……”

When Chansung finished, we all applauded enthusiastically. Junho chose to serenade us all with a very funny rendition of “I Believe I Can Fly”; Wooyoung sang “Jenny On The Block” with Junsu’s help, and somehow I was coerced into singing “I’ll Take You There” with everyone. After that lovely piece was over, Woo pointed the mike at me like a gun. “Now you must sing a solo song for all of us!!” he exclaimed. I grinned as Taec handed me the revered solo mike. “Don’t mind if I do.”

I picked a song that I really grooved to from back in New York, “Bang Bang Bang” by Selena Gomez. Dancing around the room, I got into it, pointing to each of the boys in turn, and slowing down in Jay just to mess with him a little. It worked like a charm-his cheeks burned red as Junho swooned and pretended to faint into Chansung’s arms. When the song was over, Woo wiped imaginary tears from his eyes as Junsu seriously suggested I sign myself onto the label. “Where did you learn to sing like that?” I winked at him and tossed my hair like a diva. “Don’t worry about it.” I high-fived Nick and we laughed through the next set of songs..

…….As we piled back into the van, I casually looked over at the clock on the dashboard and jumped, startling and amusing the boys. “What’s wrong, noona?” “Guys it’s 3am!!”Woo shrugged and put his head on my shoulder. “Time flies when you’re having fun-or drinking,” he said, looking over at a swaying Chan in the seat next to us. He as giggling something in a drunk reverie of sorts…”We must’ve sung like, 17 songs…is there a world record for that?”Jay laughed as he steered us back to the Mansion. “I’m sure we can look it up when we get home.” I slapped myself on the forehead-the alcohol was slowly seeping in my system- and groaned. “Oh gosh-I don’t remember telling the doorman where to put my luggage when I came in at Incheon...” Taec reached over with a long arm, like a backseat guardian angel, and patted my leg with his eyes closed. “Don’t worry, we’ll sort it out in the morning.” A very drunk Junho blurted out, “But it IS morning-who’s the drunk one here, Taec?!” The Beast’s ‘are you serious’ look made me cry laugh all the way home…

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

Nick took my hand and guided me up the stairs to the place that I would call home for the next 6 months. “And here we are-home sweet home.” The place was enormous-at least 25 people could live there comfortably. There was a living room area, a den, two kitchens, a dozen bathrooms, closets, an indoor pool, gaming room, and study library area. I could only gape in awe for a second, and Woo laughed at me as he helped Junho into the house, with Taec carrying an unconscious Chan bridal style. Jay caught my eye and shrugged. “They only get this crazy for special occasions-we’re not always this bad.” I smiled. “Boys will be boys.”

Woo waved goodnight as he went to Junho’s room to drop him off. Nick smiled as well, and led me up to the second floor, where all of the bedrooms were. As we walked by a few doors I could guess who’s room was which- Nichkhun’s had a piano, Taec a wall of rap collections, Jay some street art- and Nick opened the door to mine. “Here we are at last!!”

 I gasped-it was more than what I had imagined. Everything was set in the colors of Spring-sage, maroon, saffron, and royal purple-with a splash of teal thrown in for a bit of fun. My bathroom was a Mistress suite style, with walk in bath and shower stall and individual vanity area. I had my own loveseat in the room, with a couple of plushies from the boys waiting for me. Nick had let go of me, and stood there with his hands clasped behind his back, like a school boy. “Well? Do you like it?” I hugged him around the neck. “I love it-thank you, so much.” He chuckled and hugged me back.

Taec and Jay walked in a moment later, the former dusting his hands off in a final sort of way. “Well, Woo and Junsu are fine-I got them into bed fine; Junho and Chan will be…hmm….less than pleasant in the morning…” Nick rolled his eyes as Jay shook his head, and I laughed. “Sounds like fun.” Nick looked at me, and put a hand on my shoulder, pulling me close to him. “She is still pure-we must protect her from the corruption of this house, guys,” he said, putting his hand around my waist and steering me towards the others. I laughed as they nodded back quite solemnly, and winked at them. “But hey-you caught me. I was going to sneak in and steal some pajamas, but then again, I digress…” I trailed off, looking at the growing look of apprehension on Nick-hyung’s face. “Then again, I could just go and CUDDLE in with Junho-hyung..” Taec laughed outright as Nick shuddered and put a finger on my lips while Jay’s eyebrows hit his hairline. “Just-stop. Please.” “I was kidding!!” I looked at the bed. “In all seriousness, I don’t have anything to sleep in tonight.”

Taec spoke up. “Say no more-I’ll be right back,” he said, strolling down the hallway in long strides. Jay watched me with light, careful eyes as I held up a plushie to his face. “I bet that you don’t even know which one is from us,” he said jokingly as Nick caught the one I tossed in his face. “Sure I do- the Kitty is from Chan, the Icecream Doll is from Woo, Junho gave me the Cookie One, Junsu the Microphone, Nick the Thai Princess, Taec the Puppy, and you,” I said, holding the last one close to my s, “you, my dear Jaebeom, gave me this one-the dragon with a rose around it.”

Nick nodded his approval. “She’s good-Jay?” I giggled as he smiled and shook his head. He’s blushing again, what a kind guy. “She is good-nothing but the best with us,” Jay turned to go as Taec came back in holding a small bundle of clothes. “Here, Taren-unni-these are mine. They might be too long…” I leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. “No-these are perfect!!Thank you!!” I dashed into the bathroom and quickly pulled on a shirt, which alone came down to midcalf. I skipped out and did a twirl. “Ta-Da!!” Air caught in the sleeves and puffed up, making me look like a marshmallow dancer. The three men burst out laughing.

Nick pulled back the sheets, chuckling, “Come on, yoona-let’s get you in bed now.” I crossed my arms and pouted, “And what if I don’t wanna?” All of a sudden, I was scooped effortlessly from behind by Taec, who was grinning. “Then the Beast will take care of it for me,” A smug Thai Prince said, moving out of the way so that he could deposit me gently on the king sized bed. Laying me down like a rose to lay on the river, he was amazingly soft in the way he laid me out. I could feel the drowsiness come over me, now that I had stopped moving and was actually sitting on a really comfy mattress. “Mmm, I’ll let you win this time, Nick-hyung..”I yawned and pulled up the blanket as they all laughed again. Jay came over and smiled at me, drawing circles on my forehead and cheeks. “Goodnight Taren.” “Goodnight Jay, and Nick, and Taec, and….thank you..” I drifted off, I heard someone turn off the light and close the door before I let sleep overtake me completely….