Reunions and Revelations

Can You Feel My Heartbeat Girl?

 

“…” Junho sat down hard on the ground, and Woo reached out to him, “It’ll be alright-“ The Water Master slammed a hand down on the ground in frustration, “Taren saw us, Wooyoung- she saw everything!!” Chan was back-to-back with Daesung, “Cheer up, Junho- it could’ve been a lot worse, you know… she could’ve run away screaming, but she’s still here.”

Jay looked down at his hands, “…” Taec noticed, “Jay, what’s on your mind?” The 2PM leader only shook his head, “I could’ve hurt her, when we were alone- I barely pulled it back in time when we had to run for our lives.” The rapper patted his hyung on the shoulder, “Don’t think about that, think about now- what are we going to do? She knows…”

Seung snorted, reaching over to tap Taeyang on the shoulder, “ Hey, hyung- you there? Your edges are completely singed, you know,” the singer laughed as Tae jumped up, holding a handful of his braids’ ends and examining them closely, “…I’m going to the bathroom..” and before anyone could stop him, the Korean Usher excused himself quickly to the bathroom.

“Oh~ that woman, Lightning or whatever, dropped something,” Daesung fished around in a pocket(he was still in his stage clothes) and pulled out a neatly folded piece of paper- this he opened up and laid out on the ground for everyone to see. “…Guys, I think these are directions to a meeting place a couple of days from now,” Chan exhaled, and a small puff of smoke came out. “ I’m looking forward to our next meeting- I owe Helios a good dousing of fire for controlling my body,” the maknae added, looking at the others apologetically, but they waved it off.

“…We need to train ourselves- I feel like our will be right around the corner,” Woo said thoughtfully, examining the corners of the plan Dae just laid out, and Jay nodded. “I could barely contain myself around all of that gore, that blood,” the b-boy shivered, and Taec put an arm around him as he nodded in agreement.

“That’s why we have to win,” Taeyang entered the room, and everyone gasped- Taeyang’s hair was gone. Instead of long, flowing braids, the singer had shaved his head until there was only a Mohawk of 3 inches left. “It was time- it had to go sooner or later,” the singer shrugged as Dae jumped up to examine the hair for himself. “I like it-makes it easier for me to move around as well.”

The singer went and put a hand on the door where he could feel Nick’s power humming gently against, and sighed, “I wonder…”

…………………………………………………………………………………………

Nick stood between us, and had a palm facedown over both of us-one over Junsu’s chest, and one over my own. Nick wasn’t speaking out loud, but somehow- somehow, I could hear every single thing he thought. Judging by the calm looks on TOP and Ji-Yong’s faces, I knew that they could feel the same things as well. Why is it that I’m not scared less anymore? Why am I acting as though this is completely normal?  Yong must’ve heard/felt my feelings, for he came behind me and hugged me as TOP knelt in a prayer position by Junsu’s body.

Our Lady, who guides us by day and leads us by night,

Who twinkles and offers us Her strength when it is needed,

…Please, I beg of you- keep this Charmer, the Serpent, a Loyal Friend and Brother to all….

Hold him close, and let him live to fight on…

The room grew chilly and slightly foggy as moonlight entered through a side window, growing brighter and in perfect rays until it fell on Junsu’s form. Nick’s forehead and eyes began to glow in that silver again, and a crescent moon appeared on my adopted brother’s forehead as he continued earnestly:

Please, my Lunar Queen, and prodigy of the Darkness,

Hold him close, and let him live to fight on-live, Junsu!!

On that last rushed prayer, we all held our breath- the gaping wound in Junsu’s chest began to close, slowly at first, and then rapidly as TOP took a staggered step forward, “Oh my,” I exhaled, as Junsu began to stir, the moonlight closed the gash before twinkling and dimming out to normal standards. Nick brought his hands in front of him, “Thank you, thank you, thank you, Our Lady..”

Yong stepped forward, and knelt in front of me, “ I’m going to start the transfer- stay strong, okay?” I patted his arm, “I’ll try- go for it.” Yong brought a hand up to my neck, and expertly hit a pressure point to the side of my collarbone- why the hell does he know that spot?!- and immediately, I felt sleepy as my blood started to flow into the tube and into Junsu’s body. “Mmm, I feel, cold,” I murmured, and instantly Yong appeared with a blanket, draping it over my form.

“Rest up,” the Big Bang leader said, and then Nick appeared next to me, laying down next to me and looking up at the ceiling, “….You did it, Nick- you saved Junsu’s life,” I said to him sleepily, and he nodded at me, “Same to you, Taren-now save your energy, you’ll need it later…”

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

Junho jumped off the couch as Yong opened the door and stepped out into the waiting area with the others, quietly shutting the door behind him, “Junsu!!Is he-did he…?!” The Big Bang leader smiled, and patted Ho on the shoulder, “He’ll be fine- Nick and Taren saved his life. They should be finishing up the transfer in about 15 minutes.” Everyone cheered, and Yong jumped as he laid eyes on Tae, “Oy~ nice hair!!!” He highfived his donsaeng, and Seung winked, “He says it’s time for a change- but we all know who he really did it for,” he snickered as Tae blushed, “…”

Junho retorted quickly, “I know that she thinks my powers are cooler than yours, so I’m not worried about competition!!” Taec looked at the door wistfully, “She’s the first woman to see me in Were form and not run off screaming…” Woo looked at his rapper friend closely, “…..Taec, do you…love her?” the 6 footer jumped. “What?! Where did that come from?! It’s-it’s not like that at all!!”

Just then, the door opened, and Taren, Nick, and TOP came out, followed by a still pale- but smiling, Junsu….

…………………………………………………………………………………………

“My lord, you’re alright!!” “We knew those ers couldn’t keep you down!!” “Everyone, give him a chance to breathe!!” The cheers were contagious as everyone surrounded us, and I felt Nick smile, even as I leaned heavily on his shoulder. TOP, who was Junsu’s vanguard, growled playfully at the others, “Oy~personal space!!” Junsu hobbled into the living room, where he promptly collapsed on the couch, tired but smiling, “Yes- Big Brother Daegu lives to babysit you chicks yet again…”

Everyone took up various seats on the floor, couches, rugs, and positions on the windowsill. I turned to see Taeyang, “Whoa~cool hair!!” I said, and he smiled, taking my hand and letting me run my fingertips over the new hairstyle gently, “Do you like it? I just felt that it was time for something new,” he smiled at me, and I felt my heart start to beat box. Jay spoke up quietly but firmly, “No more dawdling.” Everyone looked at him, as he came forward, and took my hand from Tae and brought me forward, “We owe her the truth- everything, right here and now. I want no more drama-we almost lost you tonight,” he said, with a nod to Junsu, who was sitting between mother hens TOP and Chan.

The atmosphere suddenly sobered up, and I sat down slowly between Woo and Tae, “Yes, please- I saw a lot today, please help me….ease my troubled mind…”