The Serpent Reveals His Fangs

Can You Feel My Heartbeat Girl?

 

We hurried through all of the service entrances that I could think over, avoiding people for obvious reasons as Junsu gasped out that we needed to find the main broadcasting room. “We *huff* need to stop *wheeze* that person from putting on the video!!” Junsu pushed us away as he hobbled ahead, and Tae and I hurried after him as he flung open the double doors to the corridor of the tech room.

Three people grinned at us as a burly chick pulled out twin swords, “You’re too late- the tape is about to play after this commercial!!” Before she could go any further, Taeyang raised an arm, “Get out of our way!!!” and a gust blew them back into a wall of security monitors. I hurried forward and pulled the door open quickly, just as a girl in front of me opened up a CD case to put in the video disc. “Freeze!!” I cried out, “Drop that CD, it’s not worth it!!”

The girl merely laughed, “Oh? And who do you think you are?” she stepped closer to the main out-putter as Tae and Junsu appeared behind me-

-and then Tae murmured to me, “I’m sorry,” as he pinned my hand to one of my own ears while blocking his own-

-and then Junsu stepped forward, glowing an iridescent maroon, and he spoke with a tone of voice that made me want to curl up and wither away-

- “You are now in my domain, and you are under my control, my dear, misguided friend,” Junsu gazed over the girl, and she dropped to one knee and moaned, “No……I mustn’t listen to you….I must…continue with my mission…?!” Taeyang grimaced, but he dragged me to a corner as purple wavelengths began to appear in the room, “Taren, whatever you do- do NOT let one of those things touch you no matter what..” I nodded, “Wasn’t planning on it, don’t worry…”

The girl backed up, but there was no more room behind her- her but hit against the control panel and some of the cameras in the room flickered out as Junsu grew brighter. “Stay, stay back!!I’m warning you…?!” Junsu grinned, and even from where we were I could see that his eyes were like the eyes of a snake, and then I felt fear.

You cannot harm me, you cannot harm my friends, you cannot do anything, you know why? Because you love me. You worship me, and you will do anything I ask because my wish is your command,” Junsu’s voice made an impact, and the girl let out one final wail before becoming completely silent, and as I watched, her eyes turned purple and she brought both of her hands down to her sides and stood completely still, the CD still in her hand. Junsu nodded at her slowly, “ Say it- my wish….is your command.” “Your wish….is my command,” the girl finally conceded, as tears came down her face, and Junsu smiled, but it was not a friendly smile.

You will turn slowly and turn all of the switches back to normal, and then you will face me.” She did as she was told, turning all of the switches so that the main screen stopped saying ‘Intermission’ and went back to commercials, and turned to face him. His wavelengths hit her directly in the chest, and it stayed there, connecting the singer and the enemy in a link that Tae and I dared not interrupt…

I have one last thing for you to do, my dear, obedient friend.” She cried, but it was no use- I could see that she was fighting against his power, but her body was no longer hers. “Whatever you desire, my master…” Junsu raised one hand and pointed at the CD in her hand, and his next words chilled me to the bone: “Eat the disk. Now, without delay.”

Immediately, the girl brought the CD to , and there was the crunching noise of metal, flimsy glass, and plastic as she ate everything, case and all. I gasped, bringing my hands up to my own mouth as she fell to her knees, choking on her twisted meal, and Junsu looked at me with apologetic eyes before turning back to his victim, “Now go back into your car. Drive until you cannot drive anymore. Your car will run out of gas, and your phone battery will die. When you are finally alone, eat all of your CDs and die. Be at musical peace.”

“It shall be……as you say, master…” The girl fixed herself slowly, just like a robot, bowed to Junsu, and left the room quietly. The purple faded out of the room, and Junsu slid to the ground in a daze, and I went to him on not-so-confident legs. “Junsu…you just told someone to…” I trailed off as he looked at me, “I did what had to be done.” Taeyang grabbed the both of us, “We have to go- now.” There was a noise behind me, and I turned to see Ji-Yong waving at me congenially from a ing portal in the corner of the room. “Hey guys- partytime’s over, the concert is ending and technicians are on their way up here.”

He looked at me, and for the first time since I knew him, he looked regretful, “Come with me, Taren- it’s time you knew everything…”

Junsu began to cough up blood, and that made my decision. I looked Ji-Yong square in the eyes, “I want it from the beginning-everything, and no more bull,” and he bowed as Tae picked up Junsu and led him through the portal, “Of course- anything for you.”He held out his hand to me, and I took one look back at the room as he guided me through the portal.