MAMA Awards

Triple Threat

11/15/13

It was 7PM and the girls have been practicing the whole day. They've been practicing for months now on their comeback stage for the MAMA awards. All members were going through a lot of pressure. It was their first award performance as well as their comeback stage. They weren't the only ones having a comeback that day there was also T.O.P and 2NE1. There are so many great artists attending which made them even more nervous. Sadly, Teen Top wasn't attending, but Sistar, Apink, and EXO were. The members were fine with EXO except for Soora and Kai. As the girls were rehearsing the remix dance part of the performance they were all sweating and breathing hard. 
YAH! Do you not want to attend this award show at all?! 
Aniyo
Then c'mon and pick up the pace! 
 
Haneul was in her strict leader mode again. By the time it was 9PM their manager brought dinner and the girls took a break. 
 
Manager: So the performance is in a few days what do you think?
Can we bring in the performance outfits and the props we talked about by tomorrow?
Manager: Don't worry about that it's here already you all focus on the choreography now then tomorrow we'll start working with all that. 
Did you see the stage? How is it like?
Manager: Ne I saw the stage it is very big and it looks a nice stage to have fun with audience
We should also have moments where we let the audience participate. Or we dance with them.
We could get off the stage and jump with the audience then go back. And we could pause at certain times and let the audience sing. 
Sounds good
Okay let's go to practice! 
 
11/22/13
The next day was the MAMA awards and all artists were in Hong Kong rehearsing for the big night. 
Worker: Triple Threat
The director was explaining to them about how things were gonna work. The girls were going to be lifted up onto the stage as they perform the first song "New Dreaming". Then the dance remix part and after that they were to stand on their own platform which will take them down and they'll run to the front stage. Then they'll go on another platform and then they jump on stage (the platform that pushes the performer up that they jump really high). Then they perform "Ugly". 
After practicing that five times they were finally able to go back to their dressing room and rest. In there they heard that Stevie Wonder was in the same roof as them they broke down.
Are you serious?!
He's a musical genius!!!
He's like my ultimate role model
Hyorin is so lucky she gets to perform with him!
Well, she is super talented
Manager: One day you'll be able to share the same stage with a mega star like him.
 
11/23/13 2PM
It was the day of the MAMA awards and the girls were getting their final touches done before hitting the carpet. They all received encouraging text messages from their families and TOP media family. Surprsingly Changjo even sent one to Soora
keke yahhh he sent a text that's the beginning of something
It's just a text I received like 20 today
Wooaahh sorry bout it
Aishhh whatever
Say thank you to him!
I know I know calm down 
 
The members then piled into the black car that would take them to the awards. When they got there they noticed a line with black cars. 
They're all probably celebrities waiting for their turn to go on the carpet. 
Daebak
It's like the Red carpet for the Grammies or something
 
Then it was their turn
 
 
Fans were already stretching their arms as high as they could with their phones and cameras to get a glimpse of the next celebrity. Their driver opened the right side of the car and the memebrs all stepped foot onto the carpet before walking. They were all welcomed with bright flashes as well as screams from every direction. 
MC: It's the threatning rookie group Triple Threat! 
Haneul:
Jihyun:
Soomi:
Hyojin:
Soora:
The girls walked onto the stage in front of hundreds of reporters, photographers, and TV station staffs. They all smiled and waved as the MC started the interview.
(Interview in English)
MC: So how do you girls feel tonight?
We have mixed feelings tonight. We're extremely excited since this is our first award show, and honored just to be invited and be nominees for numerous awards. But, we're also feeling pressured and nervous since it's our first award performance. On top of that we'll be with top artists like Big Bang, 2NE1, SNSD, and Sistar! We also have our comeback stage tonight but 2NE1 and TOP also have their comeback tonight. So it's pretty scary but it's that kind of feeling where you're scared but you still want to get out there and do your best. 
MC: Great answer! So, this is Triple Threat's first time in Hong Kong. What do you think about this place so far?
All the members and I agree that this place is amazing. The people are all so kind and welcoming and we really want to try out more food. We're really bummed that we can't stay long and do some sightseeing but, we hope to come back as improved artists, stay longer and put on a show for our Chinses Fighters.
MC: Yes, this place is very beautiful. Since this is the MAMA awards who are you really excited to see perform?
We're all excited for everyone's performance! All the artists performing have produced great songs and we can't wait to see what they have in store for tonight's major event. Just like how the Grammies are big in America, this is like the Grammies of Asian music ahaha. But, we heard that Stevie Wonder was performing tonight and I think we're most looking forward to that. He's a musical inspiration and one of our group's role model so just being in the same place as him is already a huge honor for us.
MC: Alright well, good luck tonight and rock that stage!
 
The girls went inside the stadium and were greeted with thousands of screaming of fans looking for seats and already holding up their signs. The staff directed the members to the artist area where SISTAR, Busker Busker, and Infinite were already sitting. Triple Threat bowed to everyone and sat next to SISTAR. 
Bora: Owahhh you girls are so cute and pretty.
Soyou: Jihyun you look amazing!
Kamsahamnida
Dasom: How are you feeling?
We're so nervous! Our first performance on MAMA and it's our comeback stage
Soyou: You'll all do fine! You're all pros on stage
But, 2NE1 and TOP are also having their comeback today. We're gonna look like a bunch of nobodies compared to them
Hyorin: Don't care about what people think, just do your best. If you keep thinking negative like that then that's how it'll turn out. 
Bora: Besides 2NE1 and Big Bang started off as nobodies now look where they are. You just have to keep working hard and love what you do then pretty soon everything will go so fast that the next thing you know you're the lead role in an American movie!
I guess you're right.
Apink arrives to the artist area and they bow to everyone. Once reaching Triple Threat they hugged them all and sat behind them. 
Bomi: Yah *hits Hyojin* 
OW! APO!
Bomi: You girls are gonna rock tonight don't think like nobody will like you guys
Namjoo: You're way to awesome
Arasso we'll trust all of your words
Hyorin: You should since we've been around longer and know from experience
Hayoung: Hyorin sunbaenim is right *pats Soora's head* don't worry dongseang-ah
Then more screams were heard as the artists turned their heads and noticed EXO coming on. EXO bowed to everyone and high fived Triple Threat members while Soora and Kai just stared and smiled at each other. When EXO sits next to Apink and Infinite there is an awkward silence between Kai and Soora.
Wheeewww look at all these fans! (filling in the awkward silence)
Unnie that was.....stupid
What?! Are you calling fans stupid?!
No I'm calling you stupid for trying to fill the awkward silence. You could've at least excuse yourself
Fine miss smarty pants!
Naeun: Aigoo Soomi you and your cold personlity how does Niel put up with you 
It adds to my charm :D
Tao: What charm? ahaha xD
YAH! Wanna die?!
Tao: Wanna fight with the King fu panda?!
Aisshhhh you won this one
Suho: Don't mess with my son he's really good at fighting and super strong
I said he won! You wanna fight now
Dasom: Aigoo how does Niel deal with you?
 
When all the artists were finally here the lights turned off and the stage lights turn on. The fans scream as the MAMA awards begin. 
(Skip to only Triple Threat cuts)
Host: And the winner for best new girl group is........CRAYON POP! Chukahaeyo!
Even though sad at the loss Triple Threat stood up and clapped for Crayon Pop. 
(EXO performing Growl & Wolf)
Yahhh they're daebak
They're taking after SHINee
I seriously can't stop listening to Growl
*Starts dancing along*
Owahhh *flashback to how Kai's back was always in pain* I hope he's alright
 
Host: Now as the award show nears it's time to present the awards that everyone is waiting for. First, Song of The year
And the winner is..........TRIPLE THREAT New Dream!
Ahhhh! Bwo!?
THe girls held hands and ran to the center stage. 
SISTAR and Apink loud cheering and EXO jumping and GD clapping like a proud father.
The girls were already crying while sending their speeches.
We really didn't expect to win an amazing award like this. We'd like to thank TOP media family, Teen Top 100% Shinhwa and most importantly Andy oppa and manager oppa. Thank you to our friends who supported and always encouraged us to work harder. Our family back home for always loving and supporting us. But even more important
Triple Threat: Our dear fighters *fans scream* 
THANK YOUUUU!!!~~~~
Sarangheyo!!! *forms heart*
*keeps bowing and crying*
*Forms a heart then hugs Hyojin and cries with her* 
 
Performance:
The performance starts off with the girls standing all across the stage. The spotlight is on each member as a piano is played for "New Dreaming". Jihyun takes a deep breath then sings the first line softly but beautifully
Jeo meolli hwemihwajeneun
The girls sing with the piano until Hyojin finishes her part then the lights turn off and the fans scream. Then a strong guitar is heard followed by sparks shooting up. Then Soomi begins the chorus followed by Soora. The song was almost done now all that's left is Soora's backflip. She does a backflip and crowd goes wild. 
....Hold up.......DJ gimme a beat that's super bumpin. 
*Rhianna's S&M starts playing*
The fans cheer even more loud after the special dance was done and the girls are lowered backstage where they rush to the front center stage. The members take a quick sip of water then Soora gets lifted onto the stage sitting on a chair while holding a guitar. She plays the beginning of "Ugly" and sings the English verion softly. 
Trying to smile but I can't 
I'm not pretty enough, just not perfect enough ohhh~
Trying to sing but I can't
Cause nobody's listening
I'm not pretty enough just not perfect enough ohh~
(only up 0:36)
The lights turn off again and this time "Ugly" Starts playing and the girls perform with every bit of strength and emotion they had and threw it at the audience. Them in return felt it too. 
At the end of their performance they received a standing ovation from the artists area followed by the loudest screams they've ever heard. 
That night the girls won "Song of the year" only. THey didn't win the best new group award but to them that didn't matter as long as they had fun on stage with their fans.