Broken

Not Another Fairytale

 

I'm not good at this (angst). Please bear with me.

--

Myungsoo rubbed his temple while doing his paperworks. He wants to take a nap but there’s too much to finish right now.

He checked his phone and contemplates whether to call his wife or not. He wants to eat lunch with her today but he’s not sure if she’s busy. He realizes that Hee Rin was quite busy these past few days and she barely talks when they eat dinner. She looks so tired always.

A knock on the door make him looks up from his paper works and groaned in annoyance. He’s too busy to entertain guests.

His eyes widened when he saw Min Ae stepping inside his office with a big smirk plastered on her lips. *What is she doing here!?* He thought, shocked.

They haven’t talked since they broke up and Myungsoo has no plans of meeting her again. He knew she would nag at him if they will to meet again and that she will do anything to get what she wants. Somehow, Myungsoo regretted ever meeting this girl.

“What are you doing here?” He asked as calm as possible.

Min Ae walks towards him and sat on the table, making Myungsoo cringed. “I just got home from France. I miss you Oppa” She smiled and placed her hand on top of his which Myungsoo quickly pulled away. Min Ae rolled her eyes, knowing that she will be having a hard time getting him back.

“Get off the table Min Ae, I’m busy” Myungsoo stated and looks back on his paperworks.

Min Ae stood up and flipped her hair. “I can’t believe you’re playing hard to get now” She mutters and Myungsoo looks up at her with cold eyes.

“What do you want?” He asks, irritated.

Min Ae smiles and walk round the table till she’s in front of him. “You” She said and Myungsoo sighs. “Stop this, Min Ae. We’re over” He says while rubbing his temple.

“You’re just saying that because you’re still mad at me. I know you still love me” She says confidently.

Myungsoo closed his eyes and took a deep breath, making sure to control his anger. “Min Ae…” He shook his head and Min Ae gritted her teeth.

“You really thought you’re in love with that fake wife of yours, don’t you?!” She pointedly asked, crossing her arms against her chest.

“I love her” He answers almost immediately while staring straight at her. Min Ae clenches her fist, she can’t lose.

“Is that so?” She raised a brow.

“Does she already know about your fake marriage then?” she suddenly asks while tracing circles on the table with her fingers. Myungsoo’s expression hardened and he knew. He knew what she is asking. And he knew this ain’t going good.

Min Ae smirks when she saw his expression and laughs heartily to herself. “I see… She’s still innocent huh?” She smirks. “I wonder what she will do if she finds out~~” She even sang and Myungsoo gritted his teeth.

“You wouldn’t” He says through gritted teeth while glaring at her.

Min Ae shrugs. “What?” She smiled and raised a brow. “How about I’ll invite her for dinner?” she taps her chin.

Myungsoo was about to stand up but Min Ae pushes him back to his chair and sat quickly on his lap. “What the hell, Min Ae!” Myungsoo shrieks, trying to push her off of him but Min Ae just encircled her arms around his neck.

“You know what… We can make a deal…” She says with voice full of seduction. She leans on his ear “I’ll leave her alone, but you have to comeback to me” She whispers. Myungsoo cringed as he smells her perfume.

“I don’t have time to deal with you” He sneered and was about to push her off when Min Ae suddenly cupped his cheeks and slammed her lips against his. Myungsoo gasped and his eyes widened. Her lips don’t taste good, it was bitter. It was full of lust and desire and Myungsoo was struggling to pull away. The more he would push her off, the more she would tighten her grip on his face.

She’s so desperate that Myungsoo had to push her harshly, as if she’s not a girl. She almost falls to the ground but she manages to reach her hand to the table for support. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!!!” Myungsoo sneered, wiping his lips furiously.

“You can’t love her!!!” She shouted. “You can only love me!! Just me!!!” She added as she grabs his collar and was shaking him hardly. Tears started streaming down her face and her mascara was messing her face.

“Min Ae” Myungsoo calls. He kind of felt pity seeing her like this. “Just stop” He says and held both of her wrists. She looks up at him.

“I love Hee Rin. So please stop doing this. Look at you…” He says as calm as possible but Min Ae only pursed her lips and shook her head.

“No.. No..” She says. “That girl, she stole you from me!!” She yelled, yanking Myungsoo’s hands off of her. “She will pay…” She says while breathing hardly and Myungsoo narrowed his eyes.

“Don’t do this, Min Ae” He pleaded.

Min Ae wiped her tears away and flipped her hair before smirking. “Oh I will. I’ll make sure she will suffer” she says before walking away harshly.

Myungsoo can only stare at the door with his blank mind. Hee Rin’s face popped up in his mind and he swears he was in the verge of tearing up. He was scared.

He was not scared of Min Ae. But he was scared of what Min Ae is capable of doing. Hee Rin was the type of girl that is easy to trick and with her kind heart, she will sure does can trust anyone.

Myungsoo plopped on his chair as his body felt numb. His heart was beating so fast and his head was pounding that it hurts. He knew he has to do something. He knew he has to think fast.

He has to think fast in order to keep her.

And Myungsoo knew that he needs to tell her everything. Everything. Not tomorrow or the next day but today.

 

When he arrived home, his shoulders deflated when his wife wasn’t the one who opens the door for him. “Where’s Hee Rin?” He asked the maid as he enters the house.

“She’s not home yet, Sir” The maid says and bows before walking away. Myungsoo furrows his brows. Hee Rin never comes home late or if she will, she will definitely give a call to her husband to inform him.

He quickly dialed her number and calls her immediately, but her phone was off. “Where is she?!” Myungsoo think, frustrated and called Ms. Kwon, but she didn’t know where she is too.

 

--

 

Hee Rin walks lifelessly with her head duck down and feet aching. She doesn’t know where she is but she could care less.

People were bumping her along the way and were shouting at her to get off their way but she can pretend not to hear them.

She can tell that she’s still in the city judging from how massive people are still outside at this hour and she could hear horns blaring everywhere she turned. She found herself craning her neck to look up at the awe-inspiring skyscrapers.

The lights were so bright and even the stars were glaring down at her, making her feel small. Her eye gentle fluttered close as she felt a cold wind pass through her long hair. Then she suddenly felt a lump in , tears were threatening to fall from her swollen eyes but she tells herself she can’t. She’s tired.

She managed to drag her feet to the nearest park and sat on the bench with a heavy sigh escaping her lips. She looks around and saw people strolling around with someone by their side. She cries.

She was alone.

She tries to call her parents earlier but then she thought no way… They can’t see her like this. She doesn’t want to burden any of them. She also tries to call her friends but she knew she’s just going to make chaos if she did so.

Somehow, she realizes that living her life means she has to live on her own. She has to stand on her own because there is no one who will save her.

This is terrible than she could imagine. This moment when she needs someone to comfort her and lend their shoulders for her to cry, but then finding no one was there. No one was there but her.

She cries and holds her own hand. She was broken yet there was no one to fix her.

There were many thoughts passing her mind and she can’t think properly. There were questions she wants to ask but she knew it can’t be answered.

Somehow, she feels like she was at fault why all of this happened. Maybe she lacks of something and Myungsoo found it in Min Ae. Maybe she was being too busy to bond with her husband and Myungsoo felt lonely. Maybe… she wasn’t a good wife.

Her heart squeezes and she can’t breathe properly. She can’t see clearly because of the tears that were blurring her eyes. Her lips were trembling and her hands found its way to cover her face. She looks miserable.

“What am I going to do?” She cries to no one and hugs herself.

There was this horrible thought in her mind that makes her heart shatter. *divorce* she thought. But then she remembers the Queen and the King’s smiling face including Woohyun and Ms. Kwon. Tears streaming down her face that it stings her cheeks.. She can also imagine her family smiling at her proudly.

And the nation that was giving her a bow and respect as the Prince’s bride.

And with Hee Rin’s kind heart, she chooses not to risk their happiness and expectations. She chooses everyone’s happiness over hers.

She knew that if she will to divorce Myungsoo, there were lots of people who will be at risk. The royal family may be in big chaos if that happens and criticism about her family will follow too.

All she ever wanted is a peaceful life. And in order to keep her love ones safe, she will sacrifice her own happiness.

--

 

“Where have you been?!” Myungsoo barks when Hee Rin steps inside their mansion. He doesn’t want to sound mad but it was freaking 3 in the morning when she arrived!!

Hee Rin gulps. “Out” she simply stated. She can’t look up at him. She can’t meet his eyes because she was afraid she would burst out. She was afraid that she would cry in front of him.

Myungsoo exhales exasperatedly and rubs his temple. He slowly walks towards her and was about to grab both her shoulders when Hee Rin jerks back which made Myungsoo shock. “I… I’m tired” She stammers and bows lightly before walking up the stairs. Her steps were light and her shoulders were deflated that Myungsoo already knew that there is something wrong..

 

---

[OFF TOPIC] Who's watching WGM and shipping Taemin and Na eun here? 
Because I love them so much T_T