She loves him

Not Another Fairytale

 

Woohyun went to the library where Hee Rin was right now. He was shocked to see her so down today and as if her world has crashed down in front of her. “Hey!” He beamed and clapped his hands once in front of her face, making her yelped.

“What are you doing here?” Hee Rin asked as she gathers her book that she is supposed to read today, Ms. Kwon was out to talk with the Queen.

“Nothing. Just making sure you’re not feeling lonely. Just look at those eyebags” Woohyun laughs and Hee Rin shot him a look. “Really… What’s wrong with you today?”

“What?”

“Come on, you look like you got rejected or something” He shrugs and sat on the chair and rested his feet on the table.

“Feet off” Hee Rin says and Woohyun ignored her. “I just… I didn’t sleep well these past few nights” She sighs and Woohyun snorted.

 

“Is it Myungsoo?” He asked. Hee Rin opens to protest but when she saw Woohyun’s serious eyes, she knew she can’t lie.

“I guess so…” She mumbles and ducks her head down. “He’s very confusing, you see… I don’t know how to deal with him sometimes” She says while playing with the hem of her skirt.

“Is he giving you a hard time?”

“No… I-I… He’s just confusing, I can’t understand him” She breathed and bite her lower lip. “Sometimes he’s nice to me but sometimes he’ll just ignore me like I don’t even exist” She grumbles and buries her face in her palms.

Woohyun puts down his feet off the table. He leaned on the table and twiddles his hands together, looking at Hee Rin worriedly. He hasn’t been speaking to his brother these past weeks since he doesn’t know how to converse with him especially when he’s still mad at him.

“Have you asked him what’s wrong?” He asked and Hee Rin looks up at him before shaking her head.

“Everytime I ask him, he will just change the topic or just walk away” She states and heavily sighs. “But these past few days, I think he has gotten worse” She croaks and Woohyun understands.

These past few days, Myungsoo was avoiding Hee Rin at all cost. He will eat fast during breakfast so that Hee Rin will not find any time to talk to him or in the evening he’ll just go straight up to his room and lock the door. Hee Rin doesn’t understand him since he doesn’t say anything to enlighten her confused mind.

At first, Hee Rin understand him since he is dealing with lots of business problems and his flight a week ago was postponed since Mr. Andrew (the one that Myungsoo is supposed to meet in Eunrope) has gotten into an accident. But after some more days, it seems like Myungsoo has find himself not talking to Hee Rin anymore.

Hee Rin always tries to talk to him but Myungsoo will just find ways to avoid her. It makes her wonder if his problem has something to do with her…

But there are also times when Myungsoo will just treat her special and being all sweet towards her. It makes Hee Rin crazy and she really can’t read what’s going on in his mind. Sometimes he will treat her as his wife but sometimes he’ll just ignore her like a complete stranger.

“I don’t even know if it’s me who has a problem or he’s just tired with this relationship” She trembles and shook her head lightly while burying her face in her palms. Woohyun deeply breathes and leans back on his seat. He can’t tolerate his brother anymore.

“Then don’t try to understand him. Let him be. You can be angry with him, you know” Woohyun points out.

“I can’t, Woohyun. If I get mad at him, it’ll just make things worst” She trembles. “If I get tired of talking to him, what if someday we’ll just find ourselves saying nothing to each other?” She explains frustratingly. “I can’t be tired, Woohyun. I need to be more patient so I won’t lose him”

Woohyun stares hardly at her, praying that she won’t say those magical words. He clasps his hands together tightly as he wait for Hee Rin to finish what she is trying to explain. “I love him. And I can’t afford to lose him” She finally says and Woohyun gulps. His gaze drops to the ground and the feeling of guiltiness washes over him.

What if he told Hee Rin the truth long time ago? What if he tells the King about Myungsoo’s plans? He thinks. And a part of him was feeling down. Maybe he also became part of his brother’s evil plan. Maybe he is also one of those who hurts Hee Rin this much and makes her fall for her husband even deeper.

He pitied Hee Rin and he regretted not saving her the moment he knew the truth. He treats her like his own sister and he loves her as his own family… He can’t afford to see her suffering and knowing that his brother did this to her.

 

--

Myungsoo was sitting on his chair at his office while staring at the ceiling. It’s already past 12 in the afternoon and he hasn’t been eating his lunch yet. His head was aching and he can’t think properly. These past few weeks, he can’t find himself focusing on his work, his mind is always somewhere and he doesn’t know what has gotten on him.

He knew he just broke up with Min Ae but he also know that this wasn’t the reason why he is acting like this. There was something inside his mind that was bothering him but he doesn’t want to think it off and admits what he doesn’t want to admit.

 

His ears perked up when a loud knock on the door interrupted his thoughts. He groaned in annoyance at the loud noise and mentally notes that he will teach this person who’s knocking violently a proper lesson.

“Come in” He says and the door swung open. Woohyun steps in with his eyes dark and jaw clenching. Myungsoo gulps and stood up, he have the feeling that this is not going to be good.

“Hyung, what are you—“ He was cut off when Woohyun’s fist flew across his face, making him stumble backwards and hit the wall with a great impact. His eyes widened in shock.

“What the hell, hyung?!!” He sneered and wiped the blood off his mouth with the sleeves of his coat.

 

“YOU BASTARD!!” Woohyun growls. “You’re giving Hee Rin a very hard time!!!!” He continues while pointing a finger at him hardly. His blood was boiling and his teeth were gritting. His fists were clenching that his knuckles turned into white. "I feel so guilty because of your stupid plan, Myungsoo!!!" 

"Shut up, Hyung!!" Myungsoo hissed. “You don’t understand!!” he shouted.

Woohyun glares at him while breathing heavily. He grabbed Myungsoo’s collar and narrowed his eyes at him. “I will never understand you! But Hee Rin does!!! She always does!!” He sneered. Myungsoo pushed him away.

“You think I don’t know it?!!” Myungsoo snapped. “You think it’s easy for me to see her like that?!” He yells and pulled his hair angrily.

"Then stop hurting her, Myungsoo!!! You are her husband and you have to make her feel that even if it’s just pretention!!!” Woohyun roars. “She deserves to be happy. So stop pushing her away!”

Myungsoo shook his head frustratingly and loosens his tie. He feels like his head was pounding and his heart was clenching, making him hard to breathe. “I’m not pushing her away, Hyung. I’m trying not to hurt her anymore” He croaks. He always thought that if he avoids Hee Rin, it will make things easier for her when she finds out the truth and it will prevent her from falling even deeper for him.

Woohyun grits his teeth and glared intensely at his brother. “You’re hurting her even more, just so you know” He says, trying to keep calm. “She loves you Myungsoo. She loves you…” Woohyun says with his voice low. Sympathy was written all over his face.

“I know that, Hyung” Myungsoo mutters and lowers his gaze. “I can feel it…” He says and shut his eyes tightly, his heart was clenching and his body felt numb. Hee Rin loves him and he knows it too well…