Her kind words

Not Another Fairytale

 

Myungsoo was on a meeting today. One of their business partners was discussing about his proposals towards the company and how they are planning to export their products to other countries such as Italy, Netherlands and others. Everyone in the room was nodding at his proposal while Myungsoo, who’s sitting at the center of the table, was just silent all the time and it’s as if his mind was floating around.

“Mr. Kim? What is your decision?” Mr. Sung, the one that was discussing asks, making Myungsoo snap back into reality. He looks up and saw that everyone was looking expectantly at him, he gulps and straightens up. He has the final say.

“Well, that wasn’t a bad idea” He answers and Mr. Sung sighs in relief.

 

Taemin walk straight towards Myungsoo as soon as the meeting ended. He reaches to collect the folders as Myungsoo throws himself back in his chair while loosening his tie. “Still not feeling well, Boss?” Taemin asks.

“Nah. Just tired of the meeting” And Taemin laughs.

“I didn’t know you’re listening to the earlier discussion” He pointedly stated and Myungsoo glares at him, making him looks away and cleared his throat as he mutters a sorry. “I just thought there’s something bothering you”

Myungsoo stood up and walks away of the room, heading straight towards his own office. “Boss! Wait for me!” Taemin shouts on the other end of the hallway, making other employees turn to look at him weirdly.

“What again?” Myungsoo boredly asks while his eyes were focused forward.

“What do you want me to do with Miss Hana?” Taemin asks while he struggles to hold bunch of folders in his arms. Myungsoo halted.

He remembers what Hee Rin says to him earlier.

They were both eating their breakfast in silence when Myungsoo’s phone vibrated. He excused his self and answered the call with an annoyed tone. It was Taemin. He told him he caught one of their staff; Hana barged in Myungsoo’s office and was looking up from a file for something. It was forbidden to go inside the Prince’s office and touch his things without his permission, or else you’ll be thrown out of the company immediately.

Myungsoo angrily shouts at his phone as he slammed his spoon on the table, the maids jumped in shock as well as his wife. “Don’t ever make that girl steps her feet in my company ever again!” He sneered. His blood was boiling and his jaw was clenching, he hates it when someone betrays him. A little later, he suddenly felt a soft warm hand rest on top of his, making him look up and saw his wife smiling warmly at him.

“Calm down” She says with that gentle voice of hers. Myungsoo’s breathing was heavy and his stare was cold, but it didn’t take some time and his eyes turned softer and his breathing becomes even when he looked at Hee Rin.

He hangs up the phone and looks down at it while tightening his grip. He was still kind of furious. “One of my employees goes against my rules” He mutters and Hee Rin calls his name to look at her.

“Did you ask why she did that?” Hee Rin asks softly and Myungsoo turned to look at her with furrowed brows.

“Why would I even ask?! There’s no need to!” He snaps. Hee Rin exhales.

“You have to know her side first. She’s your employee and your responsibility as well.” She explains kindly. “You’re a Prince, Myungsoo, but don’t forget that you’re a leader too…”

Myungsoo exhales exasperatedly and ruffles his hair frustratingly. “Hear her side first. Everyone has explanation” Hee Rin continues.

“I’m the Prince, Hee Rin! I don’t do such things to just nobody!” He won’t let his pride down.

“But we are all humans Myungsoo. Even the most powerful man on earth is just a human. We make mistakes and we’ll learn from it” Hee Rin says, determined to convince her husband. “Everyone deserves forgiveness… Everyone deserves second chance” She finishes and Myungsoo look straight into her eyes. His heart cringed from her words and he gulps down hardly, unable to find words that were tangled in his mind suddenly.

He looks away, defeated.

 

“Boss?” Taemin snaps as he waves his hand in front of Myungsoo’s face, and the latter blinks at him. “So? Should I fire her?” Taemin nonchalantly asked. He was used of how arrogant the prince acts towards his employees when they do something wrong, he will not think twice and just fire them right away.

But Taemin gawked at Myungsoo’s answer today. He thought he was going crazy and was hearing wrong things but then he realizes that Myungsoo was being sincere with his words. “Listen to her explanation and you decide if she deserves second chance” He says and walks away. His face was stern yet his heart was warming up…

--

 

Myungsoo stared at the bento box on his table in front of him. He was staring hardly at it that you would actually thought it would melt any minute now… His stomach grumbles but he pays no heed about it. He doesn’t have the energy to go out for lunch nor call his assistant to buy him a meal.

He reaches out his hand and touches the bento box, but retracts his hand again immediately. He gulps and looks away. Standing up, he rested his hands on his hips and walks around the room, looking out at his window then turns back to gaze at his table. He loosens his tie and groans frustratingly “What am I going to do with this stupid thing?” He glares at the bento box.

He sits back on his chair and glanced at the cutely prepared meal for him before looking away and leaning back in his chair with an agitated look. This isn’t good.

Finally, he ruffles his hair and pulled the bento box towards him. “Fine! I’ll just eat a little bit” He shrugs and opens it.

He frowns at the sight. *Why does it look so cute and….. delicious?* He thought and mentally noted that he’ll just throw it away after taking a little bite.

This day was so tiring for him. He attended tons of meetings and not to mention that he just recover from his fever. There were problems in the company that stresses him out and makes him furious. He was so busy to even answer a call from Min Ae. And besides, he was tired to hear her whiny voice and her threats. These past few days, Min Ae was threatening him that she’ll break up with him if he will not finish his plan sooner. He was angry but he couldn’t do anything.

And somehow between his interactions with his employees, and if ever he will come to the point where he was already feeling his anger rising and was ready to shout at everyone, Hee Rin’s words will just interrupts his mind and would just calm him down. Her words make him sigh in defeat and his temper will just miraculously getting low. He's still clenching his fist though and was gritting his teeth but he doesn't want to burst out in anger... Especially when Hee rin's words were lingering in his mind. He sort of noticed that he can control his temper now. But what frustrates him even more was the fact that he can’t get Hee Rin out of his mind no matter what…

She was a very very very good wife and everyone around her know that. Even Myungsoo was admired by her kind personality and he doesn't know how she even stay with that kind personality of hers when she's being stressed out in the palace. Her responsibilty as a wife was fulfilled long ago and Myungsoo have seen it. She's not getting tired of tolerating his confusing action and would just take care of him anyway.

Somehow, Myungsoo remembers his mom when he sees Hee Rin. She was the second girl who takes care of him preciously after his Mom. Hee rin has a warm heart that makes him comfortable and Myungsoo adorned her for that... She's the wife that every guy dreams to have.

And later that day, the bento box was found empty. Myungsoo finishes the meal without him noticing.

He enjoys it.