Reasons

Not Another Fairytale

 

Today, Myungsoo is going back to work after his one week leave. Hee Rin woke up extra early to prepare a meal that he could bring for his lunch. She pleaded the chef to let her cook and it took her some time before he say yes to her.

Hee Rin always wish to do this to her husband.. To cook for him. When she’s still unmarried, she always see her mom waking up early in the morning just to prepare a food for them and will also prepare a meal for her husband to bring for lunch, and Hee Rin always tell herself that she likes to do that too when she gets married. And besides, it’s the least she can do for Myungsoo for all that he has done for her.

For the past days that they spent together, Myungsoo was nothing but a good husband to Hee Rin. Though he is not that super sweet towards her, she still felt good whenever he’s beside her. Hee Rin also notices that Myungsoo was not into skinship… And they still haven’t done “it.” Not that she wanted it either.

 

“Good Morning” Myungsoo greets as he takes a sit across Hee Rin. One of the maids poured water on their glasses and bowed before walking back to the kitchen.

“Good Morning too!” Hee Rin beams and they begun to eat. It was silent, but it was not awkward. Throughout the previous week that they spent together, Hee Rin also learned that Myungsoo doesn’t want to talk when eating… She also learned that the Royals doesn’t want that too… But sometimes, she couldn’t help but to say something to Myungsoo when they’re eating, he will sometimes respond though but you can sense that he was kind of annoyed sometimes. Either way, he still tried to answer kindly.

Soon enough, Myungsoo had to leave for his work. Hee Rin went to walk him out the house and fix his tie while telling him to be careful and don’t stress himself too much. “Yeah, of course” Myungsoo says as Hee Rin smiled up at him, patting his coat.

“Oh! I almost forgot I made you something” She chirps and waved one of the maids to hand her the bento box that she prepared earlier.

“What’s that?” Myungsoo asked and Hee Rin grins, handing him the presentable bento box she can prepare.

“This is for your lunch! I made it earlier” She beams and Myungsoo awkwardly smile and reach to get the bento box. “Eat it, okay?!” She pointed a finger at him and he nods, but he know for the fact that that meal will only end up in the trash again later.

“By the way, Ms. Kwon will be at the palace at 9 so you better get change” He says while walking down the stairs, he opened the door of his car and Hee Rin mumbles “Yeah, I know” before she kissed his cheek and waved goodbye, though Myungsoo wants to jerk back, he knew that it was a bad idea so he let her kiss him. He reminded himself that he was a husband to her.

 

Hee Rin runs to their room and took a bath while humming some random songs she could come up with. Today is also her first day of “class.” Not literally class where she will learn math and stuff… But she will study about different rules as a royal and how to do proper etiquettes. In short, she will study on how to appear as a perfect wife of a prince. It will take place in the palace.

Hee Rin greets the driver that she just met today, Myungsoo send the driver for her. They quickly drove to the palace since Hee Rin will be late.

In the palace, she greeted the Queen first before she proceeded to the library where her jaw drops at the big amount of books all over the place. She silently sat on the long table in the center of the room and taps her fingers on it while waiting for Ms. Kwon.

 

The day went through just like… Hee Rin studied about the rules in the palace for today and some proper etiquette. Ms. Kwon also told her that she had to look presentable in front of everyone. Hee Rin thought to herself that what she is wearing looks quite presentable though but Ms. Kwon just laughs at her. She’ll teach her how to dress like a royal.

Before they call it a day, Ms. Kwon handed her a folder where her schedule was. She studied it for a while… on Mondays till Wednesdays will be the days where she will learn about proper etiquettes, how to answer in the press conference if ever she will encounter it and other stuffs, in short she will learn how to act as a royal. On Thursdays and Fridays, she is required to help in the charity program that the palace has made. Saturdays will be the day she will accompany the Queen on her free day. Sunday will be the free day for Hee Rin, except for the fact that they will go to church in the morning with Myungsoo’s family.

 

Another week went by just like that… It’s Tuesday today and Hee Rin was so tired. Ms. Kwon has been so strict to her today that she was asked to walk with three books placed on top of her head while she memorizes palace’s rules. Her feet were aching and she felt so exhausted. But her worse day didn’t just end up like that…

When she steps inside their house, she plops herself on the couch as one of the maids gave her a glass of cold water. She drank it straightly. It was already 10 in the evening when Myungsoo came home and Hee Rin accompanied him to eat their dinner. Ms. Kwon told her that she is obliged to wait for her husband before she eats her dinner, no matter what time he will come. It’s not a very hard task for Hee Rin though since she was happy whenever she will eat with Myungsoo. It’s the only time they can spend together anyway.

The dining room was dead silent and the only thing to be heard are the utensils that were scraping against their plates. Hee Rin sensed that Myungsoo was not in a good mood today since his brows were knitted together and he would exhale through his nose once in a while, but he didn’t utter any word to tell his wife what was bothering him.

Earlier that day, Myungsoo meets up with Min Ae and what they just did was to fight. Min Ae was being all bosy and was furiously telling Myungsoo that he should not lay a finger to Hee Rin or else she will break up with him. He didn’t want any of this and besides, he’s not doing any skinship with Hee Rin either. Min Ae warned him that he should get the company as soon as possible and divorce Hee Rin, she gave him 7 months. It made Myungsoo mad but he can’t do anything since he understands that Min Ae was just being a protective girlfriend, he knew that she’s just jealous that’s why she’s being like that.

So tonight, when Hee Rin walk upstairs, she saw some maids moving Myungsoo’s things from their room to another room across the hallway. She watches them in bewilderment and turned to asked Myungsoo what was going on. His face was expressionless.

“Why are they moving your things to another room?” Hee Rin asked, appalled.

Myungsoo exhales. “I need to do this Hee Rin. I’m sorry but I’m still not used of sleeping beside you” He reasoned, but he knew how pathetic his reason is. Hee Rin gawked at him. “But L—“ She trailed off but Myungsoo cuts her sentence, not wanting her to win this conversation.

“You see Hee Rin. I know that we’re already married. I’m also a man and I have needs… But I’m still not ready to have a family” He pathetically explained and Hee Rin gave him a questioning look. It’s rubbish! But Myungsoo can’t think of any possible reason about this. “I’m sorry” He muttered and looks away.

But he looked at Hee Rin again in surprise when she answered. “I understand” And Myungsoo gave her a confused look. He didn’t expect her to say something like that. He would expect that she will cry and beg or whine for him not to move out. But he didn’t expect to see her smiling and saying what she always says whenever Myungsoo tell lies. She understands?

“You do?” He gapes at her and Hee Rin fiddled with her fingers while watching the maids carrying Myungsoo’s things, she felt bad really. “You mean, you will let me move to another room? Just like that?” He asks in disbelief. *I don't want to. But I'll try to understand* she wants to answer.

“Yes. Though I find your reason kind of lame. But I know you have better reasons that you’re still not willing to open up” She looks up at him and Myungsoo gulps as he looks away, afraid to meet her eyes. “I’ll just wait till you’re ready to talk it out with me” She smiles and turned her heel, ready to walk inside ‘her’ room. She looks back at him over her shoulder and smiled while saying “Good night” in such gentle voice of hers.

Myungsoo sighs when Hee Rin closes the door and he walk silently towards his new room. Feeling guilty as ever. But a part of him was kind of relieved since he’s not going to encounter ‘man problem’ whenever he sleeps beside Hee Rin again… and it will make Min Ae happy.